• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Large Makeup Youtuber NIkkiTutorials forced to out herself as Transgender because of blackmailers.

So a Youtuber who has over 1 billion views came out as trans and almost every news outlet is reporting on it, including automobile and gardening sites. So this makes me believe this is clearly a set-up for something. I've never heard of this person and I know some of the most niche Youtubers you'll ever know of. Resetera also went bonkers over it, talking about how people who are upset should be shot or go to prison, I believe only one of those two were removed by a moderator, which surprises me because I figured they'd let those type of comments stay. :messenger_fire:

Here is the story

Famous YouTuber and beauty blogger Nikkie de Jager shared a personal message with her 13 million subscribers on Monday in a video titled "I'm Coming Out."

"When I was younger I was born in the wrong body which means that I am transgender," the 25-year-old, who's better known as NikkieTutorials, said in the 17-minute video.

De Jager, who's from the Netherlands, explained that her decision to come out was forced by someone attempting to blackmail her. She also said she has always wanted to come out but wanted to do so on her own terms.

"It looks like that chance has been taken away from me, so today I'm taking back my own power," de Jager said.

The clip is currently the no. 1 trending video on the platform with over 16 million views, and it comes 12 years after de Jager uploaded her first beauty tutorial. In 2008, the then-teenage girl filmed a video titled "My first official Look for YT" after being inspired by the MTV reality show "The Hills."

Other than the amount of outlets reporting on this being very suspicious, I have no real comment on this story as I had no idea who this person was before last night, Still, I found a Youtube video that I think goes into some of what I believe is happening, and gives a good breakdown on why this person is like the 120th make up artist in the last 3 years to come out as Transgender.

He has a deep Jamaican accent so turn your volume up.

royox

I said 1 billion views mr.slowpoke.

Views and Subscribers are not the same.

Only one pays you money.

Oh god i was so scared thinking 1 billion people could we subbed to that shit xD. Sorry for the mistake.

Also shouldn't this thread be a "don't make stupid people famous" thread? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

DKehoe

Gold Member
13 million is not over 1 billion my gosh.

I think the billion is combined views for all of their videos. The 13 million is the subscribers.

Edit: beaten

Beauty YouTubers is one of those examples of how niche yet huge something can be on YouTube. I’ve never heard of these people and yet they are gigantic.

Last edited:
He/she can be whatever he/she wants. I don't really care.
But I'm shocked at that 12 mil subscribers and the fact the channel is so huge yet I never heard about it. I'm not into makeup and that girly stuff, but normally even if you're not into something, if it's a big thing, you'll hear about it.

I said it before and I'll say it again.

Men have become so feminine and Women have become so Masculine, especially in Urban areas, that people are losing the ability to tell the difference.

I also don't understand why a person who says they don't like labels is trying to look like a label, or how it's brave they came out only after someone threatened to call them out for lying. According to some comments, she got benefits and support that real women receive that they wouldn't have gotten if some of the sponsors and companies they worked with over the years knew they were trans.

So basically she's just Trans Elizabeth Warren. ;)

IXRV6md.png

Oh gawd, now youtube is reccomending it to me. Damn you OP.

zeorhymer

I looked at her channel and she already looked trans way back when, but that doesn't really matter. Each video easily clears the 1 million view mark and she's pretty much raking in the dough. The more interesting question is why now all of a sudden? The first thought was why blackmail? Outing someone doesn't do much anymore. I'm thinking she got bullied by trans activists to come out etc etc. HRC jumped on that bandwagon might quick too. I wouldn't doubt that she got pressured into doing so.

tkscz

Yeah this feels like a big "who cares" when one of the biggest make up artist is already out as trans and still doing well. Surprised she even cared to hide it.

cryptoadam

Banned
She wasn't being stunning and brave before? She was deceiving all her followers? I mean I get it make up is deception in itself but kinda feels strange that she would hide it all this time and if she wasn't "blackmailed" she would still be hiding her trans identity.

If I was trans I would kinda be pissed that this person never felt they could be honest with the world and be proud of their trans identity. She is from the Netherlands its not like they are anti-trans there or anything.

GymWolf

Are people on era bashing or protecting her?

In one hand she was brave and stunning to come out but on the other hand she was hiding his true stunning and brave persona to make money.

What a moral conondrum to solve...

Last edited:
She's Dutch, so she's appeared regularly on game shows and all that here. With this news breaking though, she's on every friggin' channel. They talk about how brave she is and how much of a role model she is going to be for other lgbt folks.

What they don't emphasize, is that her fiancée apparently didn't even know about her condition. I find that pretty hard to believe, but apparently it's true. She's been lying to her partner all this time. That's beyond fucked up. Apparently they're "working on it" now. If that's supposed to be a role model, we're going to be dealing with some twisted trans folks in the future.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
It seems like she has been living stealth since she was 19 years old. That's pretty much been the dream of most transsexuals over the past few decades. It certainly would be mine.

The difference though is the whole situation with her fiance. If she was engaged to a guy before all this who didn't know she was trans, it seems perfectly believable that she was actually being blackmailed. Most likely the engagement will be canceled because of this...and I'm sure it was very difficult to finally divulge the information she had been hiding.

Does it make it right that she was hiding the fact she is transsexual from her fiance? No, but I understand why she would from the rest of the world.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Hmmm wonder if this has any relation to the thread about what would you do if a you found out a chick was trans LOL. Convinent timing maybe that poster was the fiance LOL.

Sucks for the fiance being lied to.

It seems like she has been living stealth since she was 19 years old. That's pretty much been the dream of most transsexuals over the past few decades. It certainly would be mine.

The difference though is the whole situation with her fiance. If she was engaged to a guy before all this who didn't know she was trans, it seems perfectly believable that she was actually being blackmailed. Most likely the engagement will be canceled because of this...and I'm sure it was very difficult to finally divulge the information she had been hiding.

Does it make it right that she was hiding the fact she is transsexual from her fiance? No, but I understand why she would from the rest of the world.

But this is what bothers, me what was her plan? He was one of the ones fooled by her, although imo and the rumors that have been going on for years (according to the YT comments) many already knew she was, but she knew he SPECIFICALLY did not know.

So what was she going to do? Just get married first and then tell him? The anger he would express to her would not be worth it In fact it's probably going to be a major problem even now.

She (according to comments) had denied the rumors before whent hey came up, if she has accepted them and just came clean this wouldn't be an issue and nobody would care, When she met the fiance Nikkie was already filthy rich so this seems to be a poor decision overall. Shes' lucky that he didn't react aggressively to the news and is willing to talk but sadly for her i think she lost him as you said.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
But this is what bothers, me what was her plan? He was one of the ones fooled by her, although imo and the rumors that have been going on for years (according to the YT comments) many already knew she was, but she knew he SPECIFICALLY did not know.

So what was she going to do? Just get married first and then tell him? The anger he would express to her would not be worth it In fact it's probably going to be a major problem even now.

She (according to comments) had denied the rumors before whent hey came up, if she has accepted them and just came clean this wouldn't be an issue and nobody would care, When she met the fiance Nikkie was already filthy rich so this seems to be a poor decision overall. Shes' lucky that he didn't react aggressively to the news and is willing to talk but sadly for her i think she lost him as you said.

I just can't imagine how incredibly difficult it would be to hide such a secret from a significant other. Just looking into his loving and trusting eyes...the intense guilt of even attempting such a thing would keep me up every single night. "lollipop_disappointed:

Mohonky

Havent watched the video.

Whats the context if the blackmailing? That she has a partner who is unaware?

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Havent watched the video.

Whats the context if the blackmailing? That she has a partner who is unaware?

I only saw a few minutes of the video before I had to tap out...as I just found it incredibly obnoxious. The guy's voice is very low while all the other volume is very high, and he's spouting some of the same ridiculous transvestigation conjecture I've spoken about in the past.

Just check out his video listing - He's a conspiracy theorist who makes up ridiculous 'facts' to get YouTube viewings and subscribers, just like so many others. The guy is selling garbage, all falsely in the name of "truth."

He is playing a most dangerous game.

KWtfkBi.jpg

I only saw a few minutes of the video before I had to tap out...as I just found it incredibly obnoxious. The guy's voice is very low while all the other volume is very high, and he's spouting some of the same ridiculous transvestigation conjecture I've spoken about in the past.

Just check out his video listing - He's a conspiracy theorist who makes up ridiculous 'facts' to get YouTube viewings and subscribers, just like so many others. The guy is selling garbage, all falsely in the name of "truth."

He is playing a most dangerous game.

"bible quote"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 762073

Unconfirmed Member
Kind of ironic that you quote the bible knowing that the same book calls you an abomination and calls for your death. Also that you defend "truth", while wanting to live a lie "in stealth".
Please feel free to find the Bible passage that talks about transgender people as Abominations and about the death that will come to them

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
Kind of ironic that you quote the bible knowing that the same book calls you an abomination and calls for your death. Also that you defend "truth", while wanting to live a lie "in stealth".

The only irony is ignorance in your post that does not reflect upon your username very well.

Be less combative with guns blazing going forward with these topics, and you will find a rational and engaging conversation can be had even with your points of view. Thank you.

Please feel free to find the Bible passage that talks about transgender people as Abominations and about the death that will come to them

Deuteronomy 22:5

A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this.

Leviticus 20:13

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom