• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Large Youtubers Hide Ownership of CSGO Lottery Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Popular Youtubers Tmartn and ProSyndicate, and Twitch streamer JoshOG are all co-owners of a CSGO lottery/betting/gambling site and have been making videos promoting their site without disclosing their ownership. Tmartn filed the company's charter document and is listed as president while ProSyndicate is listed as VP and JoshOG is listed as secretary.

As owners they have access to influence the odds when they gamble to allow them to win for great reactions. Also their site targets individuals under the age of 18.

UPDATE 10/9/2016

---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8fU2QG-lV0

I'm not apart of the CSGO community so as an outsider the gambling culture is odd to me and since it is digital items, then being sold for real money, a lot of sites have been skirting by regulations.

HonorTheTruth was the first person to call out Tmartn and others on this issue.

You can find his first video on the topic here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IuXz-cux1M

Because he is such a small Youtuber his video did not get that much traction but he is being cited by larger Youtubers addressing this event.

Timeline of events

Permanently A

shady af

honestly the whole CSGO gambling scene seems like its going to get cracked down on sooner or later for underage gambling

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
"found this website"
AU38ggI.gif

Fantastically produced and a great video that anyone can understand even if they don't have knowledge going in.

YouTubers give no fucks and anyone who has followed and watched the rise of the ad revenue through the years knows how relentless most of the content creators are in the pursuit of money. It's obscene. Especially the gaming personality channels that prey on impressionable children.

Nzyme32

Hilariously shady, and even more so when you see the shoddy attempt to cover it up (or rather failure to do so). CSGO gambling in general is extremely shady, but the combo of Valve's open APIs and their lack of care to oversee external activities, allows for this stuff to thrive unchallenged.

Menome

But don't forget, YouTubers with their lack of legal oversight are inherently more trustworthy than those press sneak fuck journalist websites! 👍🏻

/s

Fat4all

Banned
Hilariously shady, and even more so when you see the shoddy attempt to cover it up (or rather failure to do so). CSGO gambling in general is extremely shady, but the combo of Valve's open APIs and their lack of care to oversee external activities, allows for this stuff to thrive unchallenged.

Hopefully the class action suit will make them take it more seriously.

They either need to better self police, or they are gonna start getting regulated under the gambling restrictions they are trying to avoid.

Youtubers being shady without morals or ethics, what a surprise.

It's just a prank, bro!!!

Nzyme32

"found[ed] this website"

Slip of the tongue

That was my first thought of the argument they might use, then you here all the references in third person including choosing to "follow these guys". Unlikely to get away with that argument. The changes to the video descriptions is also a pretty nice red flag

I'm not sure that this was supposed to be hidden information that they owned this lotto...

Go to TmarTn's twitter page and you'll see that in his info, right up front, it says "Co-owner @CSGOLotto"

... So is this guy at h3h3 trying to make fluff out of nothing really?

Edit: To go further, the guy in the h3h3 video says "it's illegal to not disclose that you work for a company or have been paid to promote or review their product"
It really didn't take much digging at all though to find this info. If it is publicly available information then they are fine. Even if it were to be buried in a load of legal papers that you would have to sort through.

To me, it isn't scummy that they haven't come out and said that they don't own the website at the very start of all their videos.

Edit 2: before replying see my other post at #76

That is shady as shit. And illegal as shit. I hope that the FTC steps in and shuts them down. Jesus christ that's just wrong

I'm not sure that this was supposed to be hidden information that they owned this lotto...

Go to TmarTn's twitter page and you'll see that in his info, right up front, it says "Co-owner @CSGOLotto"

Probably as of recent he changed his Twitter.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

Not everyone will do that

even then, has that always been there?

Did you watch the whole video? I don't think you did.

komplanen

What the heck? This can't be something that is allowed, can it?

I mean there has to be some law/rule they broke :-(

Do you think enough people are smart enough to realize the conflict of interest there?

O.v.e.rlord

Banned

Yeah, now that people know that he owns it.

Fat4all

Banned

That was added after he was called out, the other youtuber who called them out mentioned this as well, similar to how they added the disclaimers after getting called out.

even then, has that always been there?

It was not.

ElRenoRaven

Yup that's shady as fuck if not illegal. As they mention you're supposed to put disclaimers up and if they never did till after the news hit then yea they're in big trouble.

Yup that's shady as fuck if not illegal. As they mention you're supposed to put disclaimers up and if they never did till after the news hit then yea they're in big trouble.

He started adding disclaimer as soon as people found out.
https://youtu.be/_8fU2QG-lV0?t=659

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

You should probably watch the whole video since it shows that Tmar has been lying about owning the website until this whole thing got out, now he has gone back and tried to make it seem like he had disclosed this information and that he didn't have anything to do with it a while back, which is all bullshit.

Iorv3th

On the CS Go reddit a few days ago they were saying many gambling sites were blocking US IP addresses from gambling.

My friend ended up with like 3,000$ in skins from one site and then he gambled everything away and lost it all. He did give me a few duplicates though before that.

Maximo

Edit: To go further, the guy in the h3h3 video says "it's illegal to not disclose that you work for a company or have been paid to promote or review their product"
It really didn't take much digging at all though to find this info. If it is publicly available information then they are fine. Even if it were to be buried in a load of legal papers that you would have to sort through.

To me, it isn't scummy that they haven't come out and said that they don't own the website at the very start of all their videos.

Do you own shares in Lotto?

Anyway fucking disgusting these guys are snake oil salesmens men for kids and teenagers.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160511061357/https://twitter.com/TmarTn

Cache view of May 11, 2016. After his March video.

hey trevor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom