• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Flight for WiiWare announced

A new WiiWare has been confirmed today and has got a pretty name : Last Flight.

You gonna play a culinary critic on board in a plane infested by vampires.
You will be armed with a blessed whip and you will have to drive a hewn stake through their hearts to kill the vampires. You can only carry 4, so when you need some new ones, you gonna build them with objects around you.

Blobber Team is in charge of the development and they've choosed a cell-shadding graphics presentation for this slasher game. Last Flight should come for Q1 2009. We got much time.

0000123570.jpg

gutshot

I can't read French but it looks like this is being released by Nibris, the studio behind Sadness...

We got "much time" indeed.

Teknoman

I am sick of these mothafuckin zombies(edit: wait Vampires and holy whips?) on this mothafuckin plane!!12!

:D i'm interested.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Aeris130 said:
OP wrote the article himself, so shouldn't he know?

I wasn't referring to the OP, and at least one of my :lol was referring to pre-empting the fact that every site around the web is going to post this and fuck up the story.

Dascu

Hmm. The article sounds a bit unclear. Is Blobber Team a team within Nibris, or an independent partner studio? Regardless, concept sound interesting. Using cel-shading is a good choice.

Nander

gutshot said:
I can't read French but it looks like this is being released by Nibris, the studio behind Sadness...

We got "much time" indeed.

My French is far from perfect, but I don't think that is what it says. I think it's means something along the lines of this "Blobber Team" having bought the rights for ROTR and "Double Booble". And it's this Blobber Team that's developing Last Flight.

Maybe a native of French can help us out?

stilgar

Nander said:
My French is far from perfect, but I don't think that is what it says. I think it's means something along the lines of this "Blobber Team" having bought the rights for ROTR and "Double Booble". And it's this Blobber Team that's developing Last Flight.

It's Nibris, and the news also says that the 2 DS games ROTR and Double Bloobe, apprently from the same developer, won't be ported on Wii.

As for Last Flight, it's from another team. Strange news.

DreD

Nander said:

That's pretty much what the article states, yea.

VegaShinra

BabelFish Trans

With less than 24 hours of the official launching of WiiWare in Japan - and for which Nintendo prepares a large festive event on the archipelago - Nibris assure us that ROTR and Double Bloobe for DS will not be related to the platform of remote loading, but that these two titles belong from now on to a company third Blobber TEAM. Where the correlation with LiveWii is more obvious, it is that a play Wii Software is currently under development in their studios and names Last Flight. In this title, you will incarnate apparently a gastronomical critic which is in a flight of plane at the very least not very advisable. Indeed, you will be attacked by a horde of vampires and will have as arms with predilection a whip soaked in holy water. Your vibrating homage to Indiana Jones will however make it possible to freeze the enemies for then better transpiercing their heart with a good pious old man out of wooden. However, Larry Adelman (the name of your character) will have reduced faculty to be able to have only four piles the time. Once your reserve exhausted, you will have to find a means of unearthing others of them. The team of Blobber TEAM chose to propose Last Flight like a beat them all tinted of strong of "slashers movie" (films of horror), from where blood and a gameplay proposing a little point & click and making an intensive use of Wiimote. All that will be proposed besides thanks to the concealment-shadding, since Last Flight will be entirely carried out in this artistic direction. We will know some without any doubt soon much more about this title, the more so as it is in only with its media stammerings, its exit being planned for the first quarter 2009.

AnGeL LiveWii said:
Nibris and Blobber Team are two differents developers. Just that Blobber Team owns ROTR and Double Bloobs' IP for now.

...and what about "Blobber Team" indicates that we should take them any more seriously than Nibris?

Ramenman

Dascu said:
Hmm. The article sounds a bit unclear. Is Blobber Team a team within Nibris, or an independent partner studio? Regardless, concept sound interesting. Using cel-shading is a good choice.

Nibris nous confirme que ROTR et Double Bloobe pour DS ne seront pas portés sur la plateforme de téléchargement, mais que ces deux titres appartiennent désormais à une société tierce Blobber Team.

Nibris confirms that ROTR and Double Bloobe won't be ported to WiiWare, and that those 2 titles are now property of a third party society Blobber Team.

So this game has nothing to do with Nibris.

Also,

a culinary critic on board in a plane infested by vampires.

Sounds interesting :D

NIBRIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS GAME, YOU DOLTS.

Also, I could care less about how good or bad this game is. I will be there day one and none of you can stop me.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Good concept. That screen is neat too, I'm interested, but will wait for more info.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Cosmonaut X said:
...and what about "Blobber Team" indicates that we should take them any more seriously than Nibris?

Blobber Team Credibility: Untested.
Nibris Credibility: Tested and failed.

Also note that with this screenshot, Blobber Team has now released more media for the Wii than Nibris has. Stop and think about that.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
If this game is nothing to do with Nibris, the developer should sue for the damage done to their IP already by being mentioned in the same article as them.

Who else is sick of these mother fucking Vampires on this mother fucking plane!?

Truly, the only lead this game could have is Samuel L. Jackson. I don't care if the main character is white and poorly dressed, It's Samuel.

swerve

WiiWare starts in a few hours in Japan. Maybe 10 or so if they wait until noon-ish, as they do with the VC games. Time to make some room in the fridge...

Top Bottom