• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last of us remastered coming out next week?

Biochet

UOoCO3Y.gif

Any $10 upgrade plan expected? I would like to dump my PS3 version before the price falls even more - but if I can upgrade from disc I would just keep it.

LTWood12

I'm guessing it's an automatically generated email based on a backend error w/ the release date. I'll believe it when I see it.

Chaplain

I really doubt that. The best time would probably be sometime in July since I think that month is pretty bare. There are a number of games coming out in both August and September so those would be poor months to release it in.

I think it would be a wise move to release the game the day Microsoft shows all of their AAA games that would be influencing people to buy their console. I assume it would stop many from buying X1 and to buy a PS4 instead.

Trinculo

Neo Member
Makes sense almost a year exactly from ps3 release and E3 surprise. On a different note do you think these remastered games are even that difficult to make? It seems like an easy port, change settings from medium to ultra like a PC....done

Daffy Duck

I assume they are just saying next week is the time we will find out when it's being released, someone has probably got the wrong end of the stick.

WITHE1982

Either a clever marketing ploy by the boffins at GAME Barnsley to up their pre-order numbers or some Yorkshireman's getting his P45 today.

Would be fantastic if true (not the P45 bit). May pre-order tonight just in case... damn I'm gullible.

I've been waiting a year to remote play TLOU. If i'm doing so in a week I'll be a happy bunny.

Lijik

Would an announcement of a release date for a game being only a couple days away hurt day one sales or help? Has there ever been a"Hey this game is coming and oh yeah you can get it in two days." type of announcement?

Im pretty sure Nintendo announced NES Remix and Dr Luigi the day of release. Not sure if those count since they're digital releases. Cant think of it happening for a boxed game

dmr87

I've saved my DLC hype for the remaster. Don't think this is true but if it is, then it's a nice surprise.

Taker666

Wasn't this expected?

I thought most places had been listing it as a mid-June release since the day was announced.

V_Ben

Banned
Well that'd be quite something if it happened. I really hope there's an upgrade option, but... starting to doubt that.

ron_bato

So is TLOU multiplayer fun? What's it like?

The most fun i've had with any MP game last gen. it is different, tactical, encourages team play, and stays true to The Last of Us' single player experience. It will be my Mp game of choice for the PS4 for a long time.

I'd be very surprised that they would release it before firmly coming out one way or another on an upgrade path for those of us that have TLoU on PS3 and the Season Pass.

I suppose they still could though but I'd imagine if it were bad news i.e. no upgrade path, that they wouldn't hold onto that announcement until all cameras are on them during E3.

WITHE1982

So is TLOU multiplayer fun? What's it like?

TLOU multiplayer is quality. Very tactical and encourages team play. I've played it a lot since launch. My top online game of the past year.

I encourage anyone who's not tried it to give it a go.

Scrawnton

I'd be very surprised that they would release it before firmly coming out one way or another on an upgrade path for those of us that have TLoU on PS3 and the Season Pass.

I suppose they still could though but I'd imagine if it were bad news i.e. no upgrade path, that they wouldn't hold onto that announcement until all cameras are on them during E3.

No one deserves an upgrade. You bought a ps3 game and a season pass for that game. If you don't want the ps4 version, don't buy it. If you want it, pay full price. There. Upgrade path.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I don't see why people give a shit about this. It is a port. Did people not play the original?

I am starting to 'regret' my next gen purchases because apart from FF XIV, which was cheaper than PC doing PS3->PS4, I am playing nothing but PC games and maybe a few minutes of the free games on PS+. My Xbone is even more idle.

WITHE1982

The most fun i've had with any MP game last gen. it is different, tactical, encourages team play, and stays true to The Last of Us' single player experience. It will be my Mp game of choice for the PS4 for a long time.

Strange how we both used the exact same description.

Oh and jinx

Gray Matter

I really do hope that sony offers a discount for people who bought the game last generation. I loved this game, and I would love to play it on my PS4, but I cannot justify paying $60 for this when it's clearly meant for all the people who switched to PS4 this time around.

AdanVC

Yep, looks like Sony was having this as an instant megaton. Something like: "Hey guys, we know all of the games shown here today are still far away to be released, but fear not! Here's a little something to compensate that: The Last of Us Remastered releasing tomorrow"

Top Bottom