• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Late to the party: Metroid Prime (and Metroid Prime 2 thoughts)

Bregor

(Minor spoilers below)

I just finished Metroid Prime today (Normal difficulty, 100% items 100% logbook). I actually got this when it originally came out, and got as far as the Phazon mines before becoming frustrated and switching to other games. I picked it back up about two weeks ago, starting over from the beginning. In retrospect, I must have been in a gaming slump the first time I played it, because everything seemed much easier this time - even the Phazon mines.

And what did I think of it? WOW! What a great game! I'm not a fan of the Metroid series, but Metroid Prime had nearly everything I love in videogames. Great graphics, tight controls, interesting puzzles and challenging enemies. Metroid Prime was one of the the games that I fall in love with- when at home I played it for hours, when at work I wanted to get home so that I could play more. It had amazing atmosphere, something I love in a game (one of the reasons why I also loved System Shock 2 and ICO). Now my only regret is that it is over - fortunately the sequel will be here soon.

Glancing at the previews for MP2, I can see they have added many interesting and logical things to the game. Multi lock on, different types of ammo, and more complicated puzzles. I've always been a fan of the darkworld / lightworld game mechanic if executed correctly. The only thing I hope they change is to give an option for lock on to be press on / press off rather than have to hold down the button (it will keep my left index finger from getting so sore ;) ). Overall, I am really looking forward to MP2.

Finally, I hope I can get some help from the forum members here. I'm looking for a video of MP2 that I know I saw, possibly around the time of E3. It includes a shot of Dark Samus - not the brief glimpse where she drops in and then runs off immediately, but a longer view of her. I've checked both IGN and Gamespot, but cannot find it if it is there. Can anyone link me to this video? (The higher the quality, the better.) Thanks in advance.

Deg

Banned
Deepthroat said:
I love the whole soundtrack. Especially 'Data Selection Screen' and 'Chozo Ruins' :)

the credits is the same hting but longer than the data selection track.

Top Bottom