• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Laura Kate Dale : March 17th is Nintendo Switch's release date

LordKano

https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/793947481574780928
c2ab4311c0.png

ca6f2f1102.png

For those who don't know, she's the person who leaked a lot of stuff about the Switch (like when the reveal would take place, the detachable controllers...)

Crayolan

So March 12 in Japan and NA? PAL always seems to get the short end of the stick so I wouldn't be surprised if it was earlier in other regions.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
If it's March 17th in PAL regions, and the worldwide launch is that week, but with different days for different regions, then it's March 18th for Japan, since Saturdays are major game and console launches happen.

So...yeah. MHXX would come out on the exact same day.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Monster Hunter XX launches on March 18th.

Coincidence?

Yes? 3DS has an install base of 21+ million in Japan to the Switch's zero. I mean its possible, hell maybe even probable, but the idea its some kind of certainty especially at launch is weird. Nintendo is still going to sell 3DS systems in 2017.

It's not been announced whether Zelda: BotW will launch with the Switch or not. Until we get official confirmation it's nothing more than an assumption.

I would definitely hope they'd have it out by launch, because let's face it, other than some enhanced Wii U ports like Mario Kart 8, what other big game would Nintendo have to get people to buy the thing?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It makes sense. EU - Friday, JP - Saturday, NA - Sunday. AKA the favourite day of the week for launches per region.

MHXX launches on 18th of March (Saturday) in Japan.

oooooh do I go to London and camp out for it, had 24 hours of freezing cold for the Wii U but did get 2 free games and a load of swag

Top Bottom