• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Laura Kate Dale : March 17th is Nintendo Switch's release date

TheJoRu

Wow, I was absolutely sure Nintendo would make it March 31st for PAL-region (as it's always in your favour to assume the worst when it comes to European release dates), so if true that would be very nice.

DedValve

Banned
Monster Hunter XX launches on March 18th.

Coincidence?

The obvious, logical, and perhaps even intelligent thing would be to make a simple up port (MH assets still look pretty good, just look at tri) for the Switch that way the heavy hitter 3DS and newcomer wildcard Switch can both house the latest and greatest Monster Hunter.

The reality will be far, far different.

EDIT: But fuck me I have my crow sitting right here. Make me eat it Capcom. Please.

It's not been announced whether Zelda: BotW will launch with the Switch or not. Until we get official confirmation it's nothing more than an assumption.

Damn it. I thought that was confirmed for the longest time. I might think about waiting to buy the Switch in case of a bundle.

She's basically the good twin compared to Emily Rogers.

Emily Rogers does have some notable whiffs regarding Nintendo software (Mother 3 localisation, female Link), but her record on the Big N's hardware has so far been solid. Outside of Beyond Good & Evil 2 being a Switch exclusive, I don't think Laura has done any software leaks.

Tom Nook

On a friday too.

leaving-the-office-on-friday-scrubs-turk-dance-donald-faison.gif

Sweet, my birthday is just before that. I'm already looking round the house for things I can sell to add to my Nintendo Switch fund. Hopefully a little birthday cash could tip the find over for release.

Rappy

The obvious, logical, and perhaps even intelligent thing would be to make a simple up port (MH assets still look pretty good, just look at tri) for the Switch that way the heavy hitter 3DS and newcomer wildcard Switch can both house the latest and greatest Monster Hunter.

The reality will be far, far different.

EDIT: But fuck me I have my crow sitting right here. Make me eat it Capcom. Please.
What do you believe the reality is?

But when they showed the date for MHXX, how could people not be like "Really? You're releasing this 3DS game in the Switch month? Nothing strange about that at all!"

majik13

The pre order is open already, then the price will adjust when Nintendo announces it,

I don't think pre orders are officially open though. Maybe some random sites have a place holder, but big retailers don't have them up yet. Probably not till the price is revealed in the direct next year.

dottme

St. Paddy's Day, great, no hope of getting it on launch day here then.

That's the plan. You go to the Pub and drink reasonably.
They put a drinking game on the switch as a launch game. So after the pub, you go and buy a switch to play with your friends.

Million of switch sold day one.

Sterok

Same time as Monster Hunter XX. To the surprise of no one who paid a bit of attention. Wii U launched with Monster Hunter, and Switch will too. Should be a decent week for me, so I hope this is true.

Reki

I'm hungry for news, as everybody else... but I don't know if I want to know much more before the reveal. Hoping the games don't leak!

I am pleased. Have been expecting maybe the week after that (just a feeling) so that´s sooner than that. Good. Very good. A little over 2 months until the blow-out event.

I don't think pre orders are officially open though. Maybe some random sites have a place holder, but big retailers don't have them up yet. Probably not till the price is revealed in the direct next year.

Well Gamestop Ireland has allowed me to pre order and pay money off it, so yes they do.

jdstorm

Banned
Emily Rogers does have some notable whiffs regarding Nintendo software (Mother 3 localisation, female Link), but her record on the Big N's hardware has so far been solid. Outside of Beyond Good & Evil 2 being a Switch exclusive, I don't think Laura has done any software leaks.

Female link was true at the time. Nintendo were discussing it internally but ultimately decided not to go in that direction

Caode

They put a drinking game on the switch as a launch game. So after the pub, you go and buy a switch to play with your friends.

If only.

To be honest, I'm not ready to discredit the Mother 3 localization thing just yet. She wasn't the only person reporting it (Eurogamer did too).

She said "2016 :)" but I think there's a chance that they were planning on releasing it for the Wii U eshop, then decided to fuck it because no one cares about Wii U at this point so they held it back to launch with the Switch's eshop.

If the January Switch presentation goes by and Mother 3 is nowhere to be seen, then I'll forget about it.

Nintendo plans on selling 2 Million consoles by March 31st...

Will there be a shortage?

You and your inside buddies

I mean, they've said this isn't a definitive number and could go up. It's just a first estimate. They probably won't have more exact numbers until after the presentation when retailers start using preorders and such to determine how many they want

Calm Mind

Reggie Fils-Aime and an army of green Mario's to march in the Saint Patrick's Day parade in NYC confirmed.

GAME in the UK are taking pre orders. They are the biggest retail store in the UK for games in the UK. I'd be tempted but, come on, it's GAME and they don't have the best track record so I'm not sure how much I trust them. Plus I'm likely to get more money for trading in old games at an independent game store. We'll see...

Damn this chick is leaking the shit out of this thing.

Lol..

It's kind of fucked up for Nintendo. This chick along with Euro gamer stole all of Nintendo's Thunder. Straight assassinated Nintendo's hype before it could even begin.

I'm both grateful and annoyed by the leaks.

Lol..

It's kind of fucked up for Nintendo. This chick along with Euro gamer stole all of Nintendo's Thunder. Straight assassinated Nintendo's hype before it could even begin.

You cannot keep an entire new game console secret in this day and age. Nintendo was foolish to try. The PS4 and Durango had YEARS of leaks and they were just regular game boxes with traditional leaps.

Lol..

Switch has not leaked that much for the amount of time Nintendo has been sitting on this thing

PikkonX

Two days before my birthday. I'll take it! Can't think of a better way to start that weekend. I'm in the US though, so if this date is true, we may be getting it that previous Sunday, March 12.

Juraash

Well my birthday is the 15th, so this will coincide quite nicely with a modest cash infusion that usually happens at birthday time. I'm excited for it, hopefully the pre-order situation will be more like the WiiU and less like the Wii.

Oregano

17th of March huh?

Would Capcom really launch MonHun on 3DS-only the same day as Switch? In the same way would Nintendo let Capcom pretty much leak the release date?

Top Bottom