• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Laura Kate Dale : Switch exclusive, being revealed in Dec, gameplay trailer ready

kitsuneyo

This look like the project of Any Arts Production
203904_med.jpg

https://youtu.be/SrCesFQQw_0?t=153

Is that the dog in the bottom-left?

CzJORiGUoAA4s-B.jpg

I think the Kite demo comparisons could paint an unfair picture of the game given the lighting and art direction are very different, and the models themselves.

I guess that's the problem of having a game revealed like this

G.ZZZ

1 and 4th screens seems FMVs vs 2nd and 3rd which look ingame. The difference is pretty stark imho.

Still look nice.

Hermii

Yep. I promised that there would be a Wii U version of my game and I intend to deliver...even if it'll be well after the system is dead. It'll be a sense of accomplishment considering how much work working on the Wii U is. I hope the NS is easier to work with.

What game is that, if I may ask?

spekkeh

Banned
Yeah it does look reaally similar to the Kite demo.
Maybe it's pulling standard assets to keep dev costs down, or it's not actually a game but a new version of the demo to show off UE4 on Switch (but then she did say she was looking at a commercial?).

edit: never mind, DetectiveGAF is faster than I am reading threads.

EDarkness

We would have know in any case if they were planning to reveal it this week, so they were planning this.

I'm gonna guess that Nintendo gave them the go ahead to do their own marketing. Since it's an indie game, I'm sure they don't mind all that much. I don't think there's an NDA per se for announcing games, but more of a Gentleman's Agreement to hold off until the event or after to announce things.

EDarkness
(Today, 09:00 PM)

Working on the Wii U now you say? ;)

Heh, I always work into the night. It's 2:11am right now and I'm testing some code and adding in some new stuff. It's a way to burn the midnight oil.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
is this going to be an e.m.o.t.i.o.n walking simulation with sad violin and piano and a message of childhood innocence or something
Boy is dead, he's in purgatory on a trial to receive his wings so he can enter heaven, rabbit thing is his guardian angel and will provide guidance. There will be brief flashbacks that will spell out the boy's tragic back story piece by piece with the big plot twist being what actually caused his death. Calling it.

tolkir

That's not what I'm really arguing. I hate leaks in general, and love official unveilings because it's in the light that the company wants it to be. Spoiler free as well. Same reason why I try not to get on here around e3 time. Big or small, I'd rather them not happen. That said, I wouldn't enter a thread about a leak/leaker/reporter and complain about it. That would be the same as me going into an Angry Joe thread knowing full well I hate everything about his videos and his opinions.

I know, but many Gaffers are developers and can't bear without reply this kind of thing.
Maybe even here there is someone of Any Arts.

Nanashrew

Banned
Boy is dead, he's in purgatory on a trial to receive his wings so he can enter heaven, rabbit thing is his guardian angel and will provide guidance. There will be brief flashbacks that will spell out the boy's tragic back story piece by piece with the big plot twist being what actually caused his death. Calling it.

Hence the wings on his back pack. It all makes sense now!

So this game is Seasons of Heaven and it's been in development since 2013?

Edit: Seasons of Heaven appears to be the name of a novel. On a LinkedIn page this project is listed as a "new videogame IP" and that ANY ARTS PRODUCTION consists of a lot of games industry veterans.

Rubixcuba

Banned
1 and 4th screens seems FMVs vs 2nd and 3rd which look ingame. The difference is pretty stark imho.

Still look nice.

That seems pretty spot on. In that case, the 3rd image seems pretty good looking for what the Switch level is assumed to be. 2nd image not too hot at all.

Shiggy

One of America’s great authors, Louis L’Amour once said, “There will come a time when you believe that everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning.” In Seasons of Heaven that is exactly what a small group of people who find themselves survivors of the greatest purge every known will ultimately come to realize. In their struggles to survive on a stripped and barren earth, they will learn that humans across the world literally died as a result of their own careless actions. Centuries of lying waste to the very land that sustained them was what would kill them in the end. The animals would be killed and eaten into extinction. The water needed to sustain all life would be polluted until it was undrinkable, and the air would be filled with waste that would suffocate the oxygen that was vital to their survival and the survival of everything else on earth. As the survivors learn to survive in a whole new world they will have to remember that the very things that gave their fellow humans a sense of superiority and even omnipotence were what had killed them in the end. Seasons of Heaven will take you from deep inside of a mystical forest at the beginning of time all the way through to the twenty-first century and the fall of civilization. It will take you on a journey with Yann, a young boy with Asperger’s syndrome and his faithful companion, Ani, a French bulldog who Yann is able to communicate with through telepathy. As you follow along on their journey you’ll have the opportunity to meet the rest of the major players and bear witness to the enlightenment of some and the demise of others. This story will allow you to experience the awe of discovering the most beautiful, magical place that ever existed while at the same time staying only one step ahead of the dark and vile underbelly of the human race.

That's the story behind this novel (?).

EDarkness

What game is that, if I may ask?

This is the site for my game. http://skullforge.omc-games.com

Nothing huge and only two people are working on it. I haven't updated the site in a while, since I've been busy working. I do post new screens and such on twitter on a fairly weekly basis.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out as a Wii U developer that I have enough trouble with my little game running well, so I know for a fact that scene wouldn't work on the Wii U...not without a lot of compromises.

The game is called Seasons of Paradise (or Seasons of Heaven). It's based on a novel (graphic novel?).

Here's some more info:

Seasons of Heaven will take you from deep inside of a mystical forest at the beginning of time all the way through to the twenty-first century and the fall of civilization.

It will take you on a journey with Yann, a young boy with Asperger’s syndrome and his faithful companion, Ani, a French bulldog who Yann is able to communicate with through telepathy. As you follow along on their journey you’ll have the opportunity to meet the rest of the major players and bear witness to the enlightenment of some and the demise of others.

This story will allow you to experience the awe of discovering the most beautiful, magical place that ever existed while at the same time staying only one step ahead of the dark and vile underbelly of the human race.

Most importantly Seasons of Heaven will awaken your imagination and open your mind to possibilities you may never have considered. It will have you on the edge of your seat as you question everything you thought you knew about humanity and begin to realize that the possibility of things existing that can’t be seen with our eyes but only felt within our hearts and souls, really do exist.

Teaser trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAmxFkqlC0E

Genio88

She said it'll be revealed with gameplay this month, so i guess before Christmas, we'll find out what this is pretty soon then, looks like another platform/adventure with a kid and his pet

Top Bottom