• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Laura Officially Revealed for Street Fighter V, Everyone Act Surprised

KingJ2002

Don't know if it was already posted:

wp-20151008-16-35-03-pro_3d39.jpg

Gahhh... those hands and those feet!!! (but them thighs, and dat ass)

lazyguy

I like to think that she's Sean's cousin on one side of her family and Blanka's on the other

I also like to think she has some kind of relation with Blanka like being trained by him or maybe.... Blanka's Sean's Father.
Man imagine if that was real. People would be so mildly confused.

GorillaJu

The more I watch her video the more I think she actually looks interesting. Doesn't seem to be my type of character but at the moment I don't care who gets announced and when I just wanna PLAAAAAY

yurinka

Loved Alex's gameplay. I think I'll love to play with her.

Thanks. From this footage her projectile seems way too slow. She doesn't have a roll like Abel so I'm unsure if she could use it to cross up and set a trap.
Well, as I remember she has a move to pass through fireballs that appears in her reveal trailer, so maybe that could act as the roll did.

And also has this kind of dash with the V-Skill and several grabs, so who knows. Maybe she may do something more or less similar. At least she has this jumping circle kick.

Yokai

I'm more than okay with this. Let most of the SFIV newcomers fade into obscurity. Of course I said most, not all. The likes of Juri, Crimson Viper, Poison (if she counts) & a few others can stick around.

But some of us like the sf4 roster...

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Holy shit this character looks awesome. Capcom has been on point with their new characters lately.

qcf x2

I'm more than okay with this. Let most of the SFIV newcomers fade into obscurity. Of course I said most, not all. The likes of Juri, Crimson Viper, Poison (if she counts) & a few others can stick around.

I like this post.

Thanks. From this footage her projectile seems way too slow. She doesn't have a roll like Abel so I'm unsure if she could use it to cross up and set a trap.

It reminds me of Omega Rose's weird move from USF4. Plus, she doesn't need rolls since she has a command dash.

PtM

Banned
So she's the heir to whatever before Sean, and she's half Japanese while Sean is a quarter Japanese?

She is totally Sean's hot mom. Or not. How boring.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire

that's the point

its a mix-up/wakeup game tool, not a keep-away tool. Forcing you to block

its her "step kick", to keep up the Abel comparisons.

qcf x2

But the other part of my post. I never claimed for it to be a zoning tool.

Play Omega Rose or Decapre w/ U1 and do either Rose's new projectile (which is almost exactly what this would appear to be based off of) or Decapre's U1 after a knockdown. Depending on how you time it and what you do next, your opponent has to pick a direction to block.

That seems to be the idea here. It's more of a set up tool than a move, in that sense. After knockdown she may be able to do something like far fireball, jumping crossup, or dash to other side. Idk, we'll have to wait and see.

qcf x2

Her v-skill is a dash forward or back, depending on what direction you hold when you press mp+mk. You can see it used in her trailer. It looks KoF-ish like Ken's to me. I'm assuming this is it, since it's longer than her regular (f,f) dash.

qcf x2

You know, her being hot as hell and a badass who seems to be a legit (in the SF world) martial artist kind of explains why Sean feels the need to seek Ken and become his disciple. Poor fella is used to being in her shadow, and those are some big shoes to fill. I mean seriously, look at those feet.
I don't mind

Fitts

From that gameplay vid, it's going to be interesting to see what kind of setups people figure out with that fireball.

Yeah. She's his older sister. Ono said as much during Sony's conference.

Oh cool! I haven't been keeping up with the announcement(s) today and this is the first I've heard this.

JediLink

The katakana of her name actually says Rara (Lara). I wonder, is she going to be named Lara in the JP version? Did Capcom's localisation team fuck up? Or is Laura usually spelled as Rara?

Ezalc

Probably the thing that makes her more Brazilian, who doesn't like churrasco? Aside from the unnecessary TITS, this is a pretty cool character.

Don't understand why people dislike Abel so much, I thought he was cool.

Top Bottom