• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Law & Order To Air An Episode Inspired By #Gamergate February 11

ElNarez

Banned
http://allthingslawandorder.blogspot.mx/2015/01/law-order-svu-intimidation-game-episode.html

Law & Order SVU “Intimidation Game” Air Date February 11, 2015 (9 PM ET/8C Wednesday NBC)

THE VIRTUAL WORLD BECOMES REALITY WHEN A VIDEO GAME CONVENTION TURNS INTO A CRIME SCENE

Video game developer Raina Punjabi (guest star Mouzam Makkar) solidifies the launch of her first game amid a stream of online insults, intimidation and death threats from the male-dominated gaming community. When a female employee is assaulted at a gamer convention, Detective Tutuola (Ice-T) investigates the crime but Raina refuses to delay the launch, and the cops must "level up" to protect her. Also starring Mariska Hargitay (Sgt. Olivia Benson), Kelli Giddish (Det. Amanda Rollins) and Peter Scanavino (Det. Dominick Carisi Jr.). Guest starring Peter Mark Kendall (Steven Kaplan), Susannah Flood (Sarah Keller) and Griffin Matthews (Leslie Connolly).

I am a bit curious how everything will be portrayed though

laworder610.jpg

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Uh

Yeah, thats a terrible line.

SVU video game episodes are the best

and by best I mean LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

any suspect related to video gaming will do shit like ignore a kid living under the stairs in favor of their virtual child, say shit like "Whoa, pause the game!" instead of "wait a minute" during an interrogation, taunt other characters by saying things like "bang bang you're dead" (what are you, six?)

my favorite part is this episode where they had a fake second life

one of the users had kidnapped a woman in real life, but his in-game avatar had a cabin by a replica of some lake, and so they figured out that if they could find the fake cabin in the game they could find the real one in real life

so get this, for some reason the developer couldn't just tell them where the cabin was, they had to change the time of day in the game world so they could see which direction the sun was rising from, so they could figure out where the cabin was in the game, and the dev hesitated to do it because "we've never done this before, you're about to freak out 2 million people" or some such nonsense

it was IMPRESSIVELY dumb

JDSN

Banned
They need a fedora british youtuber saying the treats arent real while Ice T points out how the subscription of his channel have increased considerably.

Oh yeah, every time gaming, or really any modern technology, is represented in these types of shows it goes over so well. Should be good for a laugh at least

Hubb

Uh Ice T is a huge gamer

Ice T doesn't write the show. Maybe they wont, I'd just put my money on it. They are going for "drama" and they like as much attention as possible. That is why they constantly do their take on big cases that recently ending or are ongoing.

Top Bottom