• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LawBreakers Closed Beta 2 May 18 - 21. New role, map and mode. Custom games.

Announced in this video with other things like spectator mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4gOBMBdca8

Dev video on spectator (mostly that) and custom games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JNzlvvNqYk

Custom games will be limited in this build. New role is Wraith (Deadlock and Helux (if I got that right)). Can triple jump, wall jump, slide, slow down time. Has a pistol and a knife. New map is Reactor. Mode is Blitzball.

http://lawbreakers.nexon.net/en/news/article/22620

edit:

Blitzball tutorial: https://youtu.be/fhy59haBPkA

Lol is that Justin Roiland playing the ball?

Miker

This should've been out ages ago. At this rate Bethesda will have announced and released Quake Champions in a fraction of the time Lawbreakers has existed in the public eye.

Only four days? I wish I could play more, but I work during the beta period.

Glad to see it's back, though. Hopefully closed beta #3 comes along faster after this one ends.

Hexer06

It was pretty fun last time I played, even tho I sucked pretty bad at it lol. I'll give it another go for sure tho. :D

Nekrono

How do you guys think this game will do? I know it's different but between Overwatch and Quake Champions I just don't really see it becoming popular or gaining a good space in the FPS competitive scene.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
How do you guys think this game will do? I know it's different but between Overwatch and Quake Champions I just don't really see it becoming popular or gaining a good space in the FPS competitive scene.

I think it'll gain a cult following but it won't be too big.

It'll be bigger than Battleborn at least?

It'll most likely be profitable for them, it's different enough from other shooters that it'll be able to cultivate it's own community while still pulling people in from other games.

I play Overwatch, Paladins and Battleborn because they all appeal to me for different reasons and after trying LawBreakers previous trial I'm definitely on board to add it to the rotation of games I play.

I think it'll gain a cult following but it won't be too big.

It'll be bigger than Battleborn at least?

Anything will be bigger than Battleborn, an objectively great game by the most hated company in gaming. None of the hatred and vitriol that people on GAF have towards Battleborn is based on merit, it's based on vendettas people have held against the company since the Aliens thing.

LawBreakers will be infinitely more successful because people don't hate Cliffy B to the extent that they hate Randy Pitchford.

I think it'll be successful. It offers a different gameplay experience than Quake: Champions and OW. I'd say that LB is a combination of Unreal Tournament and TF2, from a gameplay perspective. The pace of gameplay is fast(faster than OW, but not quite as fast as Quake), and each mode is very team based.

It also helps that LB will not be a full $60 game. Its price is unknown, but I'd wager it'd go for $40 at the most.

New class looks cool. I liked the last beta a lot more than the first one just because the new classes were so much better. I still think this game would be better off without the Enforcer, he's just too good an all-rounder.

It's not a great game but I still end up having fun with it and the world could always use more fast FPSs, so I'm excited to jump back in.

pelican

This should've been out ages ago. At this rate Bethesda will have announced and released Quake Champions in a fraction of the time Lawbreakers has existed in the public eye.

My thoughts. It must be a year since I played it on a previous Alpha/Beta.

IHaveIce

Banned
New class looks cool. I liked the last beta a lot more than the first one just because the new classes were so much better. I still think this game would be better off without the Enforcer, he's just too good an all-rounder.

It's not a great game but I still end up having fun with it and the world could always use more fast FPSs, so I'm excited to jump back in.

The enforcer seems to be kinda nerfed for the new beta

So, the emails for Closed Beta 2 are being sent out. I got one, and it was a fairly standard email giving the timeframe, beta details, and contest details.

I bring this up, because I got an additional email along with the standard beta details. It had this subject line:

lnl8Fpm.png

Upon opening the email, I was greeted by the same images and details from the first email, only this time, Cliff Bleszinski wrote the text and specifically addressed me:

HoEuN6R.png

I thought this was really, really cool. I don't know if Cliff reads threads like this, but if you do, thanks for that cool email!

Maffis

If anyone has a spare key to give away I would be really grateful. This game has peaked my interest but I didn't get a key for this beta yet :(

iddqd

This will be my first beta of LawBreakers but its a good example of how to make things more friendly and the level of entry easier compared to Quake Champions.
They (meaning QC) just introduced a new game mode and you have to figure shit out yourself.
Some more interaction with the devs (like the youtube channel) would also go a long way.

LawBreakers is the most hyped i've been for a FPS in a long ass time... since BLOPS II probably. Can't wait! Seems like it's shaping up to be a badass game!

Some tips and tricks: http://forums.lawbreakers.nexon.net/discussion/1205/beta-2-tips-and-tricks-play-better-play-smarter

by a dev said:
A few of my favorite things.

Wraith tips:
  • Holding Shift while slightly (2 ft) above the ground will actually pull the Wraith down faster to do the slide
  • The E Stinger knife blows up after a few seconds, or if your team mates shoots it. But the knife has to land before it can be detonated.
  • You can perform any other ability during the Shift slide ability, including kick, alt-fire Wasp stab, blind firing, forward firing, or throwing out your slow time Key ability.

Titan tips:
  • Titan is not slow! Look upwards at a 65 degree angle + hold down CTRL, then tap Spacebar to perform a blind fire rocket jump into low G and move as fast as anyone else. Can follow up with Shift Pulverize mid-air.
  • Neutron mines attach to your team mates back if thrown at them. This allows your team mate to jump into a flight and CC the enemy pretty hard, catching them by surprise!
  • My all time favorite Titan combo is to blind fire rocket jump into low G, then activate the Berserk Key ability to fly at the enemy's face while spewing lightning and terrifying them.

DId they get rid of the stupid health stations yet?

Still there. In addition there are health pickups.

Kayant

Was a bit worried about the nerf to assassin but having played some matches not feeling the healing nerf. Still as powerful as ever an the grapple increase is nice 😁

Nephix

Anyone else really enjoying this thing? I'm really surprised at just how good it is, aside from the horrible UI.
Overwatch and other arena shooters feel so slow and outdated by comparison.

Anyone else really enjoying this thing? I'm really surprised at just how good it is, aside from the horrible UI.

I am loving LawBreakers. It's the perfect inbetween for Overwatch and Quake: Champions, at least for me. Faster than OW, but not *quite* as fast as Quake. I really dig the gameplay, and the Wraith class that was just added is a super fun class.

Just played a couple of rounds and it's really fun. The high-speed action reminds me a lot of the original Titanfall, and despite playing with a controller, I still did fairly well.

Oh I totally spaced I got invited to this, gonna DL it.

Edit: How do we post keys discreetly again? I forgot I signed up with two emails and I got in on both, so I have two codes to spare.

Kayant

Yep same feeling although playing QC aswell not so much :p. Wraith is a great addition and alternative to assassin.

OW always feels so slow everytime I play it after Rocket League. Wish there were more arena/super fast games out there.

Damn I been waiting for a match about 10 minutes now. Anybody else having this problem?

Edit: Didn't know you could change regions fixed it.

Edit 2: This game is godlike holy shit. Basically UT mixed with overwatch.

Top Bottom