• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lawbreakers dropped to 10 users online.

I like the art style - not everything has to be cartoony and filled with waifus.

Sure, but even as realistic I don't think it looks good at all. Compare it to something like Titanfall or even Warframe. LawBreakers is ugly as hell. The art consistently pushes me away every time I see it. There's a line between "cartoony and filled with waifus" and what LawBreakers is.

E92 M3

The problem isn't that it's not cartoony, the problem is that it's (in my opinion) abjectly terrible. Makes me think of stock unity asset space soldiers or something. There's just so little creativity.

Some of the stage art is incredibly cool.

Sure, but even as realistic I don't think it looks good at all. Compare it to something like Titanfall or even Warframe. LawBreakers is ugly as hell. The art consistently pushes me away every time I see it. There's a line between "cartoony and filled with waifus" and what LawBreakers is.

I only mentioned waifus because some people make referential statements to OW.

How many people do you need to fill a game? If it's 10 or less then I don't see the problem.
The game currently has single region matchmaking so unless those 10 were all in the same region it’s a problem.

Looked over on the steam forum and a developer posted that they are adding multi region matchmaking in the next patch, coming soon.

Cutebrute

I was hoping to get into this game in a few months since I can't now (no broadband internet=no buy) but I wonder if this will exist in any state by the time I can play it. That's a shame but it's the nature of the beast sometimes. I really feel for the team.

Blam

Huh, never knew the game had more colors than grey, brown and black. This looks so much better than this. Edit: Aside from that trash can lid stuck on head for a hat.

Like the skins look awesome and are really nice compared to the shit they stuck on for the default skins.

dawgparty

Yeah, I agree with this. The male characters got it especially bad in this game, I can't even think of what one of them looked like and I played the beta a lot.

My biggest issue was the gravity stuff, it felt weird to me but I'm probably just bad.

Mahonay

Banned
The real question though, are these guys still playing the game ?

0bvi3Bw.jpg
When keeping it real goes wrong

There is still a chance though. if those 10 players each buy 100 mill worth of loot crates then Cliffy B will have a brand new billion dollar IP . This game was barely on anyone's radar before release, it is only natural that it has become dead and forgotten.

It sucks for those that put work into the game but at the end of the day there are better games out there and people want to play them. Though thinking about it maybe Cliffy B was right and people don't play FPS games on the PC anymore.

Belker

How difficult would it be for them to re-do the character designs? Not just create new characters, but the logistics of implementation; QA etc?

Kaname

How difficult would it be for them to re-do the character designs? Not just create new characters, but the logistics of implementation; QA etc?

Waste of money honestly. It's hard enough to put energy into a dying and slowly fading game but this is straight up dead in my opinion. They might pull some number if they go f2p and add microtransactions but even that is a huge question mark. I doubt those that paid for it would be very angry considering the alternative is empty servers

Belker

It might be prudent to fulfil their contractual obligations and then pull the plug, but it would be interesting to see if some kind of Hail Mary worked.

team fortress is a mod off quake so maybe they mean overwatch is a mod off an arena shooter

don't hurt me
Would it hurt you more knowing Quake Champions is taking design cues from the superior arena hero shooter, Overwatch?

i'm kidding

Green Yoshi

ao3hEcb.jpg

What happened? What was so bad about this game that everyone avoided it like the plague? Is it the price point? Was it the game?

I don't see how this game tanked so hard in a week where nothing big was releasing.

We can't rewind we've gone to far
Players left and broke your heart
Put the blame on PUBG

Battle Royale killed the Arena shooter.

Arion

How many people do you need to fill a game? If it's 10 or less then I don't see the problem.

It's a 5 v 5 so 10 is the least number of people needed for a full game. Even so it is huge problem. If an 11th person joins the game they will be like the loner kid on the playground that no one plays with forever waiting in matchmaking.

Top Bottom