• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LawBreakers |OT| Zero G, With Cliffy B

24hr

Just picked this up for PS4. First game and it seems most people ignore the obj. HMU if you want to play some games sometimes.
in-xy

T.v

Just played my first few matches on the PS4. Played as a Harrier. Movement is so much fun, but the damage seems a bit lacking. I did fairly well though, considering these were my first 4 matches. Seems i'll have to get used to the strengths and weaknesses a bit.
First crate I opened I got a super boss skin for Kintaro. Too bad the Enforcer doesn't seem like my cup of tea. Though those Hellfire missiles have wrecked me a few times.

I want to get on PC but at the same time I feel this game will be a bomba and have no legs.

I have it on PC and I'm having a lovely time, but I'm sure it's going to bomba. It already has a small player base and it's pretty unforgiving to new players. Also there is no competitive mode yet and they don't have a time line on it.

BizzyBum

I have it on PC and I'm having a lovely time, but I'm sure it's going to bomba. It already has a small player base and it's pretty unforgiving to new players. Also there is no competitive mode yet and they don't have a time line on it.

Pretty weird a competitive arena game like this has no ranked mode.

You have to realize too, if there's already a small playerbase, adding a ranked/competitive mode only splits the playerbase further

I honestly don't mind small playerbases. I play Halo 5. lul
Well yea but it'd make it even harder to fill matches (and fill them quickly lol)

That's the thing even if Lawbreakers is a "bomb" if theres 1,000+ people still playing it's enough to sustain the game for the players.

I played Killzone Shadow Fall MP from launch onward and it was generally between 700-1500 players. (might have been regional servers though) Never had issues finding matches for several months

Pretty weird a competitive arena game like this has no ranked mode.

I think it's a good decision at this point not to put in different playlists. Just having one Quick Match hopper that everyone jumps into is much better than splitting people up. Titanfall 2 made that mistake on launch with a ton of different playlists with a small playerbase but eventually they fixed it by allowing people to queue multiple or all at once.

EL CUCO

Well yea but it'd make it even harder to fill matches (and fill them quickly lol)

That's the thing even if Lawbreakers is a "bomb" if theres 1,000+ people still playing it's enough to sustain the game for the players.

I played Killzone Shadow Fall MP from launch onward and it was generally between 700-1500 players. (might have been regional servers though) Never had issues finding matches for several months
Fun fact, since you mentioned Killzone. Arjan Brussee (Cliffy B's partner and Co-founder of BossKey) is also Co-founder of Guerilla Games.

arimanius

So played a couple of games so far on the Pro. Have to say after watching people play the PC version on stream the Pro version seems a lot slower and definitely doesn't look as good as the PC version.

24hr

Can definitely see blitzball being the competitive game mode. I really don't understand the logistics of Turf War and the point being locked once it's been capped?

Cmagus

Just grabbed this on PC, I really enjoyed the beta and I'm looking forward to digging in tonight. I also like how the achievements are very obtainable and don't have some insane requirements like a lot of MP shooters.

24hr

Played 7 games lost 7 games yet topped each one. Just doesn't seem to be a lot of team work around the obj. Is there voip on PS4?

Starting to move away from Gunslinger. You need to be ridiculously optimal to keep up with Vanguard or Wraith's damage, you can only run away when there's a Titan anywhere near, and his movement is just sub-par.

Purchasing this morning. Anyone looking to play? We should get a group going.

The only real issue I'm having with this game is the team balancing. Five games lost in a row and all of them I had a score rank of A and up.

Honestly it's taking the fun right out of the game.

Just grabbed this on PC, I really enjoyed the beta and I'm looking forward to digging in tonight. I also like how the achievements are very obtainable and don't have some insane requirements like a lot of MP shooters.

I'd love to get some people from GAF together in a game so if you guys are all on PC then we should get a group going tonight. It would help avoid poor team balancing and this way if someone has a main character they like to play they know they'll have people to fill other roles like healer.

Can definitely see blitzball being the competitive game mode. I really don't understand the logistics of Turf War and the point being locked once it's been capped?

I actually prefer it to other games where control of the point can go back and forth throughout the match, it's just a different experience in terms of moment to moment gameplay.

If you know you have to hold the same point all match then you'd probably spend most of the match guarding the point and circling it, if you know it's an immediate lock then you either rush the point before anyone reaches it or fight for it, capture it, then move onto the next one.

There's something not right about blitzball, and I can't put my finger on it. I generally love capture the flag type game modes. I've had this feeling through the betas as well.

I think it really is the shield timer. It's too long or it needs to deplete automatically after a set time.

r8er34

I'd love to get some people from GAF together in a game so if you guys are all on PC then we should get a group going tonight. It would help avoid poor team balancing and this way if someone has a main character they like to play they know they'll have people to fill other roles like healer.

I actually prefer it to other games where control of the point can go back and forth throughout the match, it's just a different experience in terms of moment to moment gameplay.

If you know you have to hold the same point all match then you'd probably spend most of the match guarding the point and circling it, if you know it's an immediate lock then you either rush the point before anyone reaches it or fight for it, capture it, then move onto the next one.

I'm on ps4

r8er34

Starting to move away from Gunslinger. You need to be ridiculously optimal to keep up with Vanguard or Wraith's damage, you can only run away when there's a Titan anywhere near, and his movement is just sub-par.

I don't know. Vanguard maybe, but you can overpower the wraith if you get the jump on him. Omega ftw.

Played 7 games lost 7 games yet topped each one. Just doesn't seem to be a lot of team work around the obj. Is there voip on PS4?
I had a lot of losses early too, but it's turned around. It can be a bit frustrating but I've found as I've played more the people understand the modes more and I've been having some killer team fights. No voice chat on PS4 as far as I can tell right now, although I may be missing it.

i don't think pc people are using mic. either. the games ive played no one talked. and i played for 15 hours lol

I'm starting to try and get the hang of the movement system that I see the really good players using where you use your movement ability to get an impulse of speed then use bhopping to maintain it while you are in base zones. It's easy with Assassin because her movement ability is just a straight jump forward which gives you a lot of speed and it's easy to maintain, but my main objective is doing it for Vanguard.

I've got it somewhat down but I think I can be a lot better at it. The cool part is you can use just a little fuel to get going then continue that momentum through via bhops to mid/antigrav where you will now have a full tank, instead of wasting it just getting out of base.

noomi

Each side has the same class varient?

So they are exactly the same weapon/skill/super wise other than the skin?

24hr

Each side has the same class varient?

So they are exactly the same weapon/skill/super wise other than the skin?

I believe so yes.

First win. Uplink 3-0 and 14k 3d. Loving gunslinger, getting some awesome kills.

EL CUCO

A little community tourney between some streamers and BKP devs being casted by the guys that cast the Siege tourneys.

Edit: its over

Dubz

So who is the "all around" character in this game? I just got this on PC due to positive feedback on the interwebs.

24hr

So who is the "all around" character in this game? I just got this on PC due to positive feedback on the interwebs.

I've seen a lot of Vanguards play but never tried that one myself. Gunslinger is my fav so far.

In the betas I found myself bouncing between roles a lot more but since release I've been pretty much only sticking to Vanguard (unless my team is lacking in variety of picks or if I'm failing horribly)

I enjoy the boosters and playing keep away to shred with the chaingun

noomi

PC players, what fo you have resolution scale set to? I imagine 100% would be what we want, no? Anything less/auto would be blurry.... i think.

I believe so yes.

First win. Uplink 3-0 and 14k 3d. Loving gunslinger, getting some awesome kills.

Yes, the nine classes are the same for both teams (Law and Breakers).

Got it thanks.

so I am unable to play this at ultra everything on 1440p with ultra on every setting on a 1080ti with 32gb ram and an i7 7700k?

wtf?

Odd....

1080ti ftw3, 16gb ram, i7 6700K @ 4.5GHZ

Running the game with everything maxed/ultra and taa gettinf between 130-143fps (capped)

arimanius

Still getting multiple brief pauses during the game on the pro. Hopefully they can fix that so it's smooth the entire time.

Edit. From Reddit "The fix seems to have reduced the stutter significantly, but not 100%. We will address it in our next patch."

PC players, what fo you have resolution scale set to? I imagine 100% would be what we want, no? Anything less/auto would be blurry.... i think.

Got it thanks.

Odd....

1080ti ftw3, 16gb ram, i7 6700K @ 4.5GHZ

Running the game with everything maxed/ultra and taa gettinf between 130-143fps (capped)

I have the same system as the boss key one here http://forums.lawbreakers.nexon.net/discussion/4757/pc-specs-guide and I am getting 60fps often 58fps wtf. I have dual monitors will that make a difference (not using it for anything but extended desktop so not used in game) and this is at 1080 not 1440p. Will the refresh rate of my display make a difference.

noomi

I have the same system as the boss key one here http://forums.lawbreakers.nexon.net/discussion/4757/pc-specs-guide and I am getting 60fps often 58fps wtf. I have dual monitors will that make a difference (not using it for anything but extended desktop so not used in game) and this is at 1080 not 1440p. Will the refresh rate of my display make a difference.

sounds to me like you have an fps cap set somewhere. Maybe MSI afterburner, maybe nvidia inspector, maybe evga precision x, maybe RTSS? Or perhaps some sort of weird gsync/vsync setting combo? The game also has a FPS cap setting. I would look around and make sure your not missing something

Not sure whats going on, but you should definitely be able to achieve 120+ FPS without breaking a sweat.

agc

With the hitching fixed, I'm really enjoying this. Kind of sticking to just one class per match so I can get a feel for each one and I really like the Juggernaut the most so far, followed by Enforcer. Need to try some of the speedy classes next. So close to an S+ rating two matches in a row :((

Top Bottom