• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LawBreakers |OT| Zero G, With Cliffy B

Very interested to see how the new health system works out. I can see it as a way to make the game more new player friendly but I hope it doesn't mess up how battles flowed and felt before, which I already found really good.

Enforcer changes seem good, getting a double jump even out of stim is cool and some nice rifle buffs while nerfing the rockets. I'm not looking forward to the 75 damage knife stab on Wraith again but the cooldown on it and the new movement nerfs could work out good.

Good thing they didn't fall into the trap of making only separate playlists for the new stuff, that is death with a small playerbase. Quick match just being a group up of everything is the way to go.

The daily XP reward is nice but I think it would have been better using a 'daily challenge' system that gives everyone a random challenge to complete that day for some XP. It could incentivize people to play in ways they don't usually play just to mix things up. Stuff like 'hit 3 midair rockets as titan' or 'block a blitzball carrier with jugg's wall', stuff like that.

Cmagus

Damn that's a hell of a patch, lot's of good stuff.I like how they nerfed the Battle Medics gravity booster because the role wasn't much fun to control in some anti-gravity areas and is kind of why I slowed down on it. The new map looks cool and I'm really excited for skirmish. Also super happy about the daily credits, this was a big complaint I had because right now you can barely earn any so the 50 for logging in is really good.

teepo

i was a little worried seeing the assassin's dash nerfed but as i slowly worked my way through the notes, i'm okay with the changes. she'll still be one of the more mobile characters and her shotgun will still be viable

and the nerf to wraith's mobility spam was much needed. it was really off putting seeing the nexon community manager play as him during the last twitch stream dashing through the air spamming abilities, specifically spamming the knife thrust. it just looked stupid and was a poor illustration of the game in comparison to the other classes he played

E92 M3

I AM NOT A FAN OF THE CHANGES.

Holy shit, what have they done with the Wraith...and the health changes? They are completely changing the game - and for what? Everything they have done is to just slow it down and actually bring it closer to Overwatch. I don't want LawBreakers to turn into a team-shooting fest.

Perineum

*shrug* The game didn't need changes. It needed to sell itself. They can change whatever the hell they want to it, but it's not going to draw new players in. All it can do is kick current players out if they end up not liking the changes.

D2 grip on me is too strong.

JWiLL

Banned
*shrug* The game didn't need changes. It needed to sell itself. They can change whatever the hell they want to it, but it's not going to draw new players in. All it can do is kick current players out if they end up not liking the changes.

I mean...they do need to make changes if the current playing community is asking for them. I'm assuming they aren't making these changes just for the sake of it.

Destiny will certainly hurt the console crowd here, which is sad since Lawbreakers is a superior game PVP wise.

-MD-

Yeah it did, I saw plenty of instances where people said they quit due to how frustrating it was to play against Gunslinger or Assassin mains.

Balance in a game is important, once the game's glaring issues have been ironed out is when you start running free weekends and events to draw people in.

Perineum

Yeah it did, I saw plenty of instances where people said they quit due to how frustrating it was to play against Gunslinger or Assassin mains.

Balance in a game is important, once the game's glaring issues have been ironed out is when you start running free weekends and events to draw people in.

I guess the game balance issues reared their head after I left when D2 hit.

Gunslinger needed buffs? Huh. I got first place 99% of games with GS.

Oh nice, Namsan is like Redfalls in that it doesn't have a zero-g mid. I love that change because it really highlights players who are good at movement more. Seems like they can experiement more and more with that as the playerbase gets more skilled at moving and using abilities to move through mid without zero-g to help.

-MD-

I guess the game balance issues reared their head after I left when D2 hit.

Gunslinger needed buffs? Huh. I got first place 99% of games with GS.

No, Gunslingers have been dominating the game since launch, they nerfed his Omega two patches ago and even further in this patch.

Is this anything like unreal tournament? I used to love that game back in the day.

I never played Unreal but my friend I play LB with says it reminds him a lot of it.

-MD-

So that 3 second Wraith knife cooldown... if you use your strong lunge and then use another weaker knife attack during those 3 seconds it refreshes the 3 second cooldown...

That can't be intended.

taoofjord

Ugh, I want to buy this now that it's on sale but literally almost no one is playing this game.

(Already bought it on PS4, so I did my part, but I've all but switched to PC in the past few weeks for FPS multiplayer games)

Cmagus

Ugh, I want to buy this now that it's on sale but literally almost no one is playing this game.

(Already bought it on PS4, so I did my part, but I've all but switched to PC in the past few weeks for FPS multiplayer games)

People are definitely playing on PC. Part of the problem is yes the numbers are low around 200+ but that doesn't mean there aren't people playing. I've never had too many problems finding some matches, some times during the day can be a bit slower but it's not that bad. i know the patch launched today but games are really fast today and TDM seems to be going really strong plus people are really liking it. It's on sale now so people will buy it, how many who knows but it should pick up a bit. I know a few who are gonna be buying this now it had TDM.

-MD-

Oh man they really did butcher Wraith, that was the only class I really loved.

This is depressing.

Edit: they buffed the shit out of our damage and made our mobility shit, wraith is just a weaker Enforcer now.

Edit 2: dealing with it but still wanna cry

Kayant

From the few games I have played. I like the regen/health changes.

Assassin's dash I few was nerfed too much I think 2300(don't how much that would be in game) seems like it would be a good amount.

Enforcer/Medic changes also feel fine.

Haven't tried Wraith but from my games he is still deadly in people's hands same with gunslinger.

For Wraith I feel
"subsequent charges after a 0.5 second delay." is unnecessary additional given the 3 second lunge delay which I feel is something that is needed. Maybe not as it is atm but no lunge limit plus 3 jump restore before at times was ridiculous.

-MD-

Haven't tried Wraith but from my games he is still deadly in people's hands same with gunslinger.

For Wraith I feel
"subsequent charges after a 0.5 second delay." is unnecessary additional given the 3 second lunge delay which I feel is something that is needed. Maybe not as it is atm but no lunge limit plus 3 jump restore before at times was ridiculous.

The triple jump cooldown is actually really minor since you can regen at least 2 jumps just from sliding, it's the 3 second cooldown on knife lunge that's just such a brutal nerf.

Wraith's damage output is definitely really good but I would easily reverse some of those damage buffs for a less punishing cooldown on the knife lunge. I sorta get what they're going for but he's so much less fun to play now with the current knife.

Kayant

The triple jump cooldown is actually really minor since you can regen at least 2 jumps just from sliding, it's the 3 second cooldown on knife lunge that's just such a brutal nerf.

Wraith's damage output is definitely really good but I would easily reverse some of those damage buffs for a less punishing cooldown on the knife lunge. I sorta get what they're going for but he's so much less fun to play now with the current knife.
Oh right don't even know that lool clearly not a wraith main 😂😋.

Yh I can see that. It's hard to think of a fair way to limit the lunge but not make it excessive like it was before.

-MD-

Oh right don't even know that lool clearly not a wraith main ����.

Yh I can see that. It's hard to think of a fair way to limit the lunge but not make it excessive like it was before.

I feel like they could've done a few different things that would've been better than what they went with, like reduce his momentum from knifing slightly or slightly increase the cooldown. I think it was like a 1 second cooldown before? Make it 1.5s and see how that is.

3 seconds lasts forever in a game like this and the fact that the knife cooldown refreshes if you knife during the cooldown is just bonkers.

> why

Kayant

I feel like they could've done a few different things that would've been better than what they went with, like reduce his momentum from knifing slightly or slightly increase the cooldown. I think it was like a 1 second cooldown before? Make it 1.5s and see how that is.

3 seconds lasts forever in a game like this and the fact that the knife cooldown refreshes if you knife during the cooldown is just bonkers.

> why
True that sounds reasonable I guess the reason for such a heavy nerf is to kill the knife spam that would keep wraith in the air for so long. Then again that's what made him wraith ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

I do see them revising on wraith with enough feedback.

Cmagus

TDM has definitely made me a better player now. I've been playing a ton and I feel not having to rush for objectives all the time and just being able to practice the raw moves have really made me better. I'm finally having consistent matches with +12 kills and an overall lower death rate.

Dubz

Oh man they really did butcher Wraith, that was the only class I really loved.

This is depressing.

Edit: they buffed the shit out of our damage and made our mobility shit, wraith is just a weaker Enforcer now.

Edit 2: dealing with it but still wanna cry

Yeah it's fucking terrible. Wraith was the only character I played with.

EL CUCO

Wow they really slowed the game down. It actually feels pretty good as Enforcer, but I can see they nerfed Bloodhound missles to the ground. It's definitely a bit less frantic now.

Tokubetsu

Wow they really slowed the game down. It actually feels pretty good as Enforcer, but I can see they nerfed Bloodhound missles to the ground. It's definitely a bit less frantic now.

really strange decision to me because wasn't the whole selling (lol) point of the game was that it's fast and crazy?

Cmagus

There's 15k people watching the Lawbreakers tourney on Twitch.

Not being sarcastic, did the game even move 15k copies?

They always have a large audience watching, their community weeklies hit close to 40k viewers.It's on the front page of Twitch right now as well. Yes the game has sold around 80k total, people are interested in the game but many are hesitant to buy it due to the lower numbers but the game community wise is doing fine and matches are quick queues. The community is really tight and a lot of fun to play with.

really strange decision to me because wasn't the whole selling (lol) point of the game was that it's fast and crazy?

I mean it has slowed down a bit but it's still fast, I feel like now it's more balanced and engaging now. It's not perfect and they need to address some stuff but it's playing really nicely now and TDM is awesome.

Played a bunch of the new patch. I'm kind of neutral on the HP changes. On one hand I can see it being more palatable to newer players who just got killed instantly by the better players that are remaining in Lawbreakers right now, but on the other it does kind of lead to a loss of the 'flow' that the game had before. People disengage from fights way more now knowing they can get away and heal, and it leads to some annoyance of people slipping away with 10hp left. It's really hard to finish people off as Enforcer now though you can still keep the same damage output. You get some more time vs a good Gunslinger to counter tham with the new HP which I do like. Overall I'm OK with it if it's helping people get into the game.

The TTK in Lawbreakers was already really high compared to most games and that's part of what led to the cool 'combat dances' so I'm surprised it needed to be lengthened at all.

I've still seen some pretty effective Wraiths putting up over 16k damage in a match so I don't think he is nerfed as hard as some people are saying. He still has a really good gun and mobility but just can't rely on spamming movement skills in close quarters to zip around people while doing a ton of damage. I like it.

I didn't even realize until after I stopped playing for multiple hours that I didn't have any Gunslinger rage moments the entire time so I'm going to say their nerfs worked. That's not to say there weren't effective Gunslingers but I didn't have any matches where one dude with amazing aim went 50-0 or something absurd like what was happening a couple weeks ago. Gonna say successful nerf.

The new map Namsan is beautiful. Only got to play it once but it seems really cool. The capture points on Occupy were a little too tight though, the ones sandwiched between jumppads should be moved to a more open area.

The test map is awful in my experience. The ability to go outside and above the map just makes it so Harriers can never be killed in it. They can just fly over mid plinking people down and the second they go below half HP fly out of sight and heal up. Really annoying.

I will say one of the smaller changes they made was adding one extra ammo to the Enforcer shotgun and I love it. I got out of so many fights tonight with the very last shell in the shotgun that it's a perfect change. I just wish you could set the vertical spread pattern by default.

Edit: forgot to say that bloodhounds might as well not exist anymore, they are so bad now. I'd have preferred if they kept the old damage but removed the lock on, make it so you have to aim them but if you do hit it's devastating.

-MD-

I've still seen some pretty effective Wraiths putting up over 16k damage in a match so I don't think he is nerfed as hard as some people are saying. He still has a really good gun and mobility but just can't rely on spamming movement skills in close quarters to zip around people while doing a ton of damage. I like it.

The problem with Wraith post 1.4 isn't that he isn't effective, it's that he's way less fun to play.

any of you guys tried overwatch during the free weekend?
I tried it and man is it slow if you re used to lb. seems pretty easy too.
my kd is between 5-10. i barely manage a 1 in lb.

Tokubetsu

I tried it and man is it slow if you re used to lb. seems pretty easy too.
my kd is between 5-10. i barely manage a 1 in lb.

I had OW fun game but i think hard team focused games just aren't for me. It's why I think im really feeling Quake Champions a lot. I played too many arena dm/tdm games when i was younger T-T

Budi

After you reminded me I did. I was supposed to dedicate most of my gaming time to the free weekend, but I completely forgot. Still not a fan of the game, I can appreciate the many things the game does well but I really don't enjoy my time with it. I'm not sure what the right English word for it would be, but the game feels somewhat gutless. It lacks the punch I want from my shooters. Shooting and fragging doesn't feel satisfying and I can't muster up any excitement from the matches. And I'm really spoiled by the mobility of LB now, so it's even harder to get excited about OW than it was before.

EL CUCO

Having a problem where im being kicked from every match for some reason...

Is this a known issue on pc?

Edit: restarting app seems to have fixed it.

dugdug

Banned
I think health regen was a good call. For me personally, I tend to stay alive longer than I did before, and, the more they can keep you in game and not watching a respawn timer, the better.

I AM NOT A FAN OF THE CHANGES.

Holy shit, what have they done with the Wraith...and the health changes? They are completely changing the game - and for what? Everything they have done is to just slow it down and actually bring it closer to Overwatch. I don't want LawBreakers to turn into a team-shooting fest.

My thoughts currently. I guess I'll end up dropping this game soon. :(

Top Bottom