• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LawBreakers |OT| Zero G, With Cliffy B

I've seen mainly negativity regarding the HP changes and regen in the community so far, so I wonder if they'll revert it. If they could prove it's having positive effects with some stats or data maybe people would be more receptive to it?

Budi

I've seen mainly negativity regarding the HP changes and regen in the community so far, so I wonder if they'll revert it. If they could prove it's having positive effects with some stats or data maybe people would be more receptive to it?
I haven't played a lot with the changes. I do agree with their reasoning, it seems solid. But the regen did feel bit over the top at first, I don't mind the buffed HP that much. Not sure how the patch made the game more like Overwatch as was mentioned earlier. I'd say it's more the opposite, like the importance of having a medic is less than before. In OW you always need a medic in your team, while in LB winning isn't about team composition and this goes further into that direction.

Budi

eh, just finished my first round with the new patch. Still liked it!
I've mostly got to play Team Deathmatch after the patch, but having fun in that atleast. I think I've played the objectives only twice, so can't really comment how I feel about the changes in those modes.

Edit: I don't play Wraith, but I do agree that the mobility of the characters shouldn't be hindered at all. It's a big appeal in this game imo.

I really don't like the new changes. The extra health has altered the feel of the game in a way that's really unappealing. I liked the old TTK. It was fast but not too fast. Now things are slowed down and it's more about using your specials and it just feels like a class-based shooter and not an arena shooter with class-based elements. It sucks

I also don't care for the new map. It's too intricate and there are too many bounce pads.

Not sure I'll drop it anytime soon, but man, I hate that that's now a question to ponder. I was having so much fucking fun with this thing, and now I"m just angry at it.

And I don't play Wraith but my bro does, and he's not happy either. Nerfing his movement was basically nerfing the most fun thing about the character.

Budi

The last patch killed the game for me. If I wanted to play Overwatch I'd go play that.
Really, I get that you don't like the changes that's fair. But in what way is it more like Overwatch now? Overwatch champs don't have regenerating health. Excluding the tanks, OW champs are quite fragile. While in LB everyone's health was buffed. Your team success is even less about team composition now (no healer req), while in OW it's a big deal. So how is it like Overwatch now? When was the last time you played Overwatch? Or is the word "Overwatch" just something that people use to describe something they don't like. Or what am I missing here?

Kayant

I have played a fair few games with the new Wraith and yh the knife nerf hurts especially when trying to get out of fights but he still feels in a good place thanks to increase damage.

Just some tweaks to the knife and he would be perfect.

Now I hope BKP you consider increasing assassin's speed a bit too pretty please :D

Trying Harrier again and am reminded how hurt it is to play but getting better with it slowly.

Tokubetsu

Having fun this weekend, gj on the event BK.

Even with nerfed hellhound rockets enforcer is ridiculous rn. Insane DPS and very low effort lol.

Still not happy with the TTK increase - it was completely unneeded and make it less interesting to play solo.

true true. i played around 10 hours during the free weekend and still dont like the health changes they introduced with patch 1.4

players just fall back now and heel behind their teammates instead of going for the health stations or health pick ups. i always liked the fights around the health stations.

E92 M3

true true. i played around 10 hours during the free weekend and still dont like the health changes they introduced with patch 1.4

players just fall back now and heel behind their teammates instead of going for the health stations or health pick ups. i always liked the fights around the health stations.

Me too. I am completely against these changes and can't figure out why they did it.

jg4xchamp

Having fun this weekend, gj on the event BK.

Even with nerfed hellhound rockets enforcer is ridiculous rn. Insane DPS and very low effort lol.
I was wondering why I was doing so well this weekend with enforcer. I chalked it up to the fresh blood of newbies. Forgot that there were tune ups because of the patches.

Demoskinos

i don't see how people can be mad about Wraith changes. They were stupidly overpowered. One good wraith could run circles around an entire other team especially in modes like Blitzball. If a wraith grabbed the ball and you don't already have someone by your goal to defend you are fucked.

BladeOfSanjuro

Neo Member
TTK changes basically ruined this game. I'm not even sure if an Enforcer could hit you with an entire clip, while amped, and do enough damage to kill you unless they're headshotting for 50% of it.

-MD-

i don't see how people can be mad about Wraith changes. They were stupidly overpowered. One good wraith could run circles around an entire other team especially in modes like Blitzball. If a wraith grabbed the ball and you don't already have someone by your goal to defend you are fucked.

Prior to 1.4 Assassin's were not only stronger than Wraith but they were just as good if not better at running the ball.

Tokubetsu

yep, wraith was a good back up runner and solid harassar. He's smg does great damage now but it's pretty much your only reliable tool now that your speed has been kneecapped

he's not fun anymore

TTK changes basically ruined this game. I'm not even sure if an Enforcer could hit you with an entire clip, while amped, and do enough damage to kill you unless they're headshotting for 50% of it.
Yeah i feel like u are not able anymore to kill anyone with one clip. Ok maybe titan.
Last time as a medic i needed to use all my grenades, laser gun and finally my foot to kill someone.

E92 M3

Any good players could easily counter a wraith. A wraith's specialty was harassment - and they completely changed that.

In fact, the changes to the health were just too drastic.

Has there actually been a game that has implemented changes that has not been drastic when it comes to balance?

This sucks to see for the people that play because changes and balancing always seem to be heavy handed.

E92 M3

Has there actually been a game that has implemented changes that has not been drastic when it comes to balance?

This sucks to see for the people that play because changes and balancing always seem to be heavy handed.

Boss Key was really good with changes and now they suddenly changed everything. This patch made it a different game and that makes me quite sad.

-MD-

Well every game goes through balance changes but they sold us a game and were like "oh shit, the public isn't into this" so they changed some things to make it more accessible and the public still isn't into it, now they've just managed to piss off the people that have been sticking with the game.

They're back down to 200 peak players, this is where we were at prior to the free weekend/sale, there was like no growth. They didn't even get close to their beta peak players (~7500), they topped out at like 1000 people over the free weekend.

E92 M3

Well every game goes through balance changes but they sold us a game and were like "oh shit, the public isn't into this" so they changed some things to make it more accessible and the public still isn't into it, now they've just managed to piss off the people that have been sticking with the game.

They're back down to 200 peak players, this is where we were at prior to the free weekend/sale, there was like no growth. They didn't even get close to their beta peak players (~7500), they topped out at like 1000 people over the free weekend.

That's what it looks like. They didn't believe in their own product and changed it up.

I still think a compromise on the HP changes to something in between would be good. They likely saw an issue with new players just getting obliterated without feeling like they could have done anything and wanted fights to last longer and for there to be some 'escape and regroup' type of gameplay with the regen. However I don't think this has worked out as new players still run into those issues and now skilled players are even harder to take down with the huge amounts of HP and regen favoring players with good movement skills to get away.

It's weird because Lawbreakers already had one of the longest TTKs of a modern game and that's what part of what makes it fun, and they made it even longer.

Maybe make the regen kick in a lot later to encourage chasing, and reduce the HP buffs by 50%?

Some great grapple assassin gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i3wJoClHOc

played a few more rounds and i cant believe how much the game has changed after patch 1.4.
I played around a total of 10 hours with patch 1.4 and i barely have any fun with it.
fighting went from awesome to pain in the ass. game for me went from a 8.5 to a 5.

E92 M3

Yep, I was a HUGE fan and spent a lot of money. Now it just feels like a game that lost its identity. Between the wave-based respawns (yuck), health regen, and global health increase, it just doesn't feel like LB.

-MD-

played a few more rounds and i cant believe how much the game has changed after patch 1.4.
I played around a total of 10 hours with patch 1.4 and i barely have any fun with it.
fighting went from awesome to pain in the ass. game for me went from a 8.5 to a 5.

Had 56 hours played over 2-3 weeks, patch 1.4 hit and I've played 2 hours since.

Fun...

Meccs

Free weekend didn't help at all and the changes probably killed of a lot of players too. Game has 26 players currently. If it wasn't dead before, it's dead now.

Top Bottom