• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LawBreakers |OT| Zero G, With Cliffy B

E92 M3

Had 56 hours played over 2-3 weeks, patch 1.4 hit and I've played 2 hours since.

Fun...

I got the platinum a couple weeks after launch, prestiged, and spent hundreds on boxes. And now 1.4 ruined everything for me....

Really sucks.

EL CUCO

Free weekend didn't help at all and the changes probably killed of a lot of players too. Game has 26 players currently. If it wasn't dead before, it's dead now.
4 viewers currently on twitch.

It might be time to hit the F2P button.

BizzyBum

I got the platinum a couple weeks after launch, prestiged, and spent hundreds on boxes. And now 1.4 ruined everything for me....

Really sucks.

Damn, they fucked up that bad? Is that the patch that changed health mechanics with constant regen and shit?

It boggles my mind they would make changes to alienate the players who were dedicated and enjoyed the game for what it was.

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
Damn, they fucked up that bad? Is that the patch that changed health mechanics with constant regen and shit?

It boggles my mind they would make changes to alienate the players who were dedicated and enjoyed the game for what it was.

I think they are panicking. The game has bombed spectacularly and they don't know what to do. Could go free to play, but this close to launch would mean they would need to reimburse early buyers. I really don't understand why it wasn't f2p in the first place

dugdug

Banned
Only one trophy away from the platinum. Need the community to stay together for just a few more matches!

I’m 50 hrs in and I don’t mind the changes, but, I can understand why it turned off some.

BizzyBum

Ummm..probably because a peak of 150 players daily isn't paying the bills.

So instead of going F2P or discounting the game they just make these awful changes no one asked for to further destroy their population?

I think it's safe to say this game will never be popular and have thousands playing on a daily basis no matter what they do. The damage is done.

Champloo4

I stopped playing around 2 weeks after it came out. I really enjoyed it, just got tired of running the same maps.

I would've liked to a playlist of Blitzball only.

Dumbest move of the year might've been ordering the Limited Edition from Limited Run Games.

E92 M3

Not only the health changes but now spawning occurs in 10-second waves. So, you can make a great push, get a double kill to only have them spawn in 1 second instead of the usual 10.

test_account

XP-39C²
I stopped playing around 2 weeks after it came out. I really enjoyed it, just got tired of running the same maps.

I would've liked to a playlist of Blitzball only.

Dumbest move of the year might've been ordering the Limited Edition from Limited Run Games.
Why? If you ordered the limited edition, you also got a digital code in addition (only works in the US PS Store however). No need to wait until getting the limited edition. I bought it myself, but i wasnt going to play it anyway. Already sold my digital code as well. Not because i think its a bad game or anything like that (i havnt tried it), but mostly because i didnt want to make an US account, and i dont have that much interest in the game.

Yeah I really don't see the point of pushing the ranked mode if they can't get regular players. I was hoping they would address the health and regen 1.4 changes in this update, but I guess those are here to stay or they just don't want to address it.

It's sad that because of the low playerbase, I somehow can't get excited any of this. It just feels bad that they are pushing stuff to this game that is interesting and fun, but there's nobody to enjoy it. The commercial reception LB got has been my biggest bummer related to gaming this year, accompanied with the cheers and mocking.

Agreed 100%. The reaction of the gaming community to LB's failure has just been an embarrassment. Not to mention it is proof this type of game and it's non-f2p/p2w/dlc-stuffed business model is unviable.

Yeah I really don't see the point of pushing the ranked mode if they can't get regular players. I was hoping they would address the health and regen 1.4 changes in this update, but I guess those are here to stay or they just don't want to address it.

Agreed 100%. The reaction of the gaming community to LB's failure has just been an embarrassment. Not to mention it is proof this type of game and it's non-f2p/p2w/dlc-stuffed business model is unviable.
True true. Titanfall 2 and LB have free DLC and only cosmetic "Lootboxes" and both failed.
So weird cause people are always asking for this exact thing.

Budi

Huh, seems like I was one of those who got the 24 stash drops from the free weekend. Thanks for the free loot BossKey!

Edit: Cool. Got exactly the Tokki skin I was eyeing to unlock earlier.

EL CUCO

Gameranx put out a video on LawBreakers yesterday. Hadn't seen it posted. After playing D2 and experiencing its (lack of) end game, I'm kinda looking forward to jumping back in for boss modes or w/e they're calling ranked.

https://youtu.be/Z1188_jYJAE

DyZ

Watching the dev update is a little depressing. You can tell these guys are still trying to hold onto the game (with planned updates/content), but it feels like it's in a lose-lose situation.

I always expected this game to inevitably go F2P, but now i'd be curious how much interest it would even have as a F2P title.

Watching the dev update is a little depressing. You can tell these guys are still trying to hold onto the game (with planned updates/content), but it feels like it's in a lose-lose situation.

I always expected this game to inevitably go F2P, but now i'd be curious how much interest it would even have as a F2P title.
I think what they hope for is that people come back for the boss league mode.

vazel

Banned
i do hope the game goes f2p early next year. i don't think f2p will save the game but it will at least bring life back to the game for a few weeks.

i do hope the game goes f2p early next year. i don't think f2p will save the game but it will at least bring life back to the game for a few weeks.

It's going to get shut down within a year, its literally unavoidable with a playerbase this low. Happens to more games than people realize.

It's going to get shut down within a year, its literally unavoidable with a playerbase this low. Happens to more games than people realize.

I'll eat crow for this, but I don't think it'll get shut down unless they re-release it in a new manner and offer everyone who owns the game a voucher for the new one.

I'll let your silly comment slide this time Junior only cause you have an adorable avatar

vazel

Banned
Well if it does help it's not gonna reach high numbers imho. Also it will go back down after a month or two. Just my opinion ofc. I guess we'll see. If they even go f2p.
i did say going f2p would bring life back to the game only for a few weeks.

right now most nights i play the game it's the same 2 people pubstomping everyone. going f2p would bump the player numbers for a while.

shimon

i did say going f2p would bring life back to the game only for a few weeks.

right now most nights i play the game it's the same 2 people pubstomping everyone. going f2p would bump the player numbers for a while.

You did indeed,my bad. Somehow I missed that part. In that case I agree with you.

If the patch doesn't remove the regen and increased health, it's useless.

they mentioned that in the twitch stream. I think i heard that they'll decrease the health regen/sec.
and they'll introduce balancing changes they said.
we need to wait and see i guess.

Tried playing earlier in the week and nothing. Trying now because Saturday but I've a feeling I'll be in queue for awhile.

:[

Hope some of y'all are on. I want a few more hours out of this game if nothing else.

Edit: Five minutes and nothing.

Tried playing earlier in the week and nothing. Trying now because Saturday but I've a feeling I'll be in queue for awhile.

:[

Hope some of y'all are on. I want a few more hours out of this game if nothing else.

Edit: Five minutes and nothing.

Tried to play a bit last night and couldn't get into a game either. I'm sure I could have gotten into one if I kept waiting but I just switched to a different game. Sad to say but I think it's over.

pitchfork

Honestly kinda stunned just how hard this game failed, I'll hold my hands up I've never actually played it(watched a few streams) but what I saw looked decent enough

Was originally hoping this would make its way to Xbox, but looks like it really has gone the way of the Dodo

Damn shame

NHale

Honestly kinda stunned just how hard this game failed, I'll hold my hands up I've never actually played it(watched a few streams) but what I saw looked decent enough

Was originally hoping this would make its way to Xbox, but looks like it really has gone the way of the Dodo

Damn shame

I'm surprised because I always thought they would have a bigger crowd at PC. It seemed like a case of a game that started as PC only and they tried to push the "hard and high ceiling skill" motto too much after they announced it. Then going PS4 and not Xbox One, pushed a very negative crowd towards the game, especially those that think Cliffy B started making games with Gears 1.

Then there are a lot of antibodies against Cliffy B, and he commited the sin of trying to say what he really thinks instead of sticking to the pretty and insincere PR speak. That would come in the end to bite him in the ass. Also betting on mobility movement was the wrong move because "everyone" is tired of it and want to go back to the ground.

The toxicity was already on high levels after the PC betas failed to attract a big crowd and the PS4 announcement, but after release it went to 11. At that time there was no way for them to save the game because everyone that was remotely interested in the game stayed away as soon as the "game is dead" started flying around the worldwide web.

I still don't regret getting the game, I had a lot of fun with the game and there are some great and different ideas in there but they have no way to save it now. Even making it PS+, releasing it on Xbox One, making it F2P are going to just increase the community for a couple of days and then it's dead again. Quite frankly they should invest on making it on the Switch even if they make some heavy compromises on the game, because there is a market there for a FPS multiplayer shooter.

I'm surprised because I always thought they would have a bigger crowd at PC. It seemed like a case of a game that started as PC only and they tried to push the "hard and high ceiling skill" motto too much after they announced it. Then going PS4 and not Xbox One, pushed a very negative crowd towards the game, especially those that think Cliffy B started making games with Gears 1.

It did seem tailor-made for the PC crowd but was oddly unsuccessful there. You have to wonder how much of a factor running directly into PUBG was, literally one of the most successful PC games ever.

Combination of bad moves and rotten luck. Not opting for the Xbox One was strange.

Top Bottom