• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LawBreakers |OT| Zero G, With Cliffy B

all*star update
http://lawbreakers.nexon.net/en/news/article/25768/introducing-the-all-star-update

Boss League (ranked)
Blitzball Arena (Getaway Map)
copy-of-gateway_ms_supplemental_01.jpg

Map Variant, Redfall's Blood Moon.
copy-of-copy-of-rf_bloodmoon_ms_supplemental_05.jpg

Blitzball Themed Characters and Weapon Skins, profile icons, kick decals. 120+ items for the special event (timed stash drops)

blitzroster.jpg

patch note coming soon.

Update is out october 19

UPDATE DATE/TIME:
Thursday, October 19, 2017
Pacific: 7:00 AM
Eastern: 10:00 AM
CEST: 4:00 PM

Health regen is still in...

HEALTH REGEN (ALL ROLES) -

"We're increasing the out of combat delay so that hopping from engagement to engagement takes more strategy."
Increased the time it takes out of combat for health regen to start from 3 → 5 seconds.
but now takes longer to start regen.

also

*NEW* Multi-region Queue has been added to place players with acceptable latency in matches from all around country and/or world.
*NEW* Customizable reticle options in the Settings menu now include a Simple Dot, Simple Circle, and Simple Crosshair plus color options.

Increased the amount of XP awarded in all modes for time played. This means quicker account progression for everyone.
inb4 not enough still.

-MD-

Holy fuck BossKey stop buffing every single thing about Wraith except his movement, you've butchered this class.

The 3 second cooldown on the knife makes the class boring as fuck, remove/lower it already so we can attempt to have some fun with your flop of a video game.

Huge kudos to the team for continuing to put in so much work on the game. I'm interested to see how the new health changes work. I would have liked more time for the regen to kick in but maybe with the new HP values on some classes it'll stop the constant runs away.

Honestly it all seems cool but the main thing I'm worried about is finding a game. They need a big way to get players online.

Holy fuck BossKey stop buffing every single thing about Wraith except his movement, you've butchered this class.

The 3 second cooldown on the knife makes the class boring as fuck, remove/lower it already so we can attempt to have some fun with your flop of a video game.

Start learning to shoot since he still has a great weapon. The Wraith stab/mobility spammers were cancer to this game and had to go. Being able to spam a button and get more mobility than some of the most skilled players in the game playing ANY other class was absurd and unbalanced as fuck.

-MD-

^ Exactly

Start learning to shoot since he still has a great weapon. The Wraith stab/mobility spammers were cancer to this game and had to go. Being able to spam a button and get more mobility than some of the most skilled players in the game playing ANY other class was absurd and unbalanced as fuck.

I can shoot just fine, gimping a fast class because other people can't aim and buffing his gun a bunch to make up for it isn't what I signed up for. Nobody says they need to revert the knife back to what it was, they easily could've tweaked that part of his kit but instead they decided to change every single other thing about him to make up for it.

Uninstalled it after 1.4 anyways, regret buying 2 copies of this.

wraith was cancerous, sorry.

Well now he's the most nerfed class...happy? It's a shame people complained so much about him even though he's kind of simple to counter. He was super fun to play too. One of the reasons why I stopped playing so much honestly.

i think every class was just fine in 1.3.
i never played wraith but i had no problem fighting him. depending on the players skill i won or i lost. but the fights were always a lot of fun.

wraith mains losing interest after a nerf illustrates how broken the class was, you do realize this?

Not really? He was genuinely fun to play (not because he was OP, just mobility wise fun). Now he's borderline useless in combat, even more so than medic. Other classes aren't as fun for me to play since I like fast momentum building characters like the Wraith. Too many people got triggered by him because they couldn't figure out how to counter him, and of course the devs listened to the people who could give two shits about the game.

teepo

maybe had you put the time into the many other classes (who happen to be very fun) you'd realize how much skill and finesse it took to gain and KEEP momentum. with the wraith, you just had to spam a knife attack and double jumps to fly across the entire map, collisions be damned.

fuck that. class was broken

maybe had you put the time into the many other classes (who happen to be very fun) you'd realize how much skill and finesse it took to gain and KEEP momentum. with the wraith, you just had to spam a knife attack and double jumps to fly across the entire map, collisions be damned.

fuck that. class was broken

Oh I can play other characters just fine, that's not the point I'm trying to make. The knife spamming + sliding around/jumping was part of the point for that character! Hell, I mostly played dodgeball with Wraith & didn't really go for kills, just focused on using his mobility for the game mode (which a lot of people playing that game have a hard time understanding). People like yourself complained so much about him that now he just feels like a wasted character. With his biggest perk being momentum building dumbed-down so much, what's the point of him being in the game now?

The irony of blaming people 'not figuring out how to counter' when Wraith mains are literally leaving the game because they can't spam a button anymore for easy kills.

The irony of blaming people 'not figuring out how to counter' when Wraith mains are literally leaving the game because they can't spam a button anymore for easy kills.

The irony of people complaining to the devs about characters to nerf that probably don't even play or care about the game. That's the real kicker.

teepo

lol, blitzball? of course you’d pick wraith in blitzball

any other character would be staggered and killed the second after a kick to the face or running head first into juggarnaut’s shield. with wraith though? you’d regain all that momentum in less than a second with some added damage for anybody who dares stand in your way as you spam towards the direction of the goal

lol, blitzball? of course you'd pick wraith in blitzball

any other character would be staggered and killed the second after a kick to the face or running head first into juggarnaut's shield. with wraith though? you'd regain all that momentum in less than a second with some added damage for anybody who dares stand in your way as you spam towards the direction of the goal

Maybe you're the one that needs to try out different characters then. I've gotten my ass handed to me by really good Gunslingers, Juggernauts, Vanguards, etc.

-MD-

wraith mains losing interest after a nerf illustrates how broken the class was, you do realize this?

Assassin and Gunslinger were the top 2 most annoying characters to play against prior to 1.4, they were the two that nearly everyone complained about. Gunslinger's omega shots and Assassin's shotgun.

Wraith was highly mobile but he died quickly and his gun damage wasn't amazing, the knife that everyone claims got him "easy free kills" did 75 damage if it wasn't a precision hit and required you to get right up in someone's face where you could get melted in a second.

They didn't put a cooldown on the wasp because it was some overpowered killing machine, they put a ridiculously long cooldown on it because they didn't want Wraiths to be able to change direction so quickly. But if you actually played Wraith now you'll realize how immobile he really is once that 3 second knife cooldown starts, especially in anti-grav, you're a sitting duck with the lowest hp in the game.

Other classes do what Wraith does better so why would you ever pick him?

The easiest way to fix Wraith's issue (which lets be honest is just shit players being unable to aim upwards, I played against the game's best Wraith on a daily basis and never cried about being unable to hit him) was to just tack on an additional .5 second cooldown on the knife or just slightly reduce the momentum from the knife, not make the cooldown 3x longer. The triple jump cooldown was fine but they swung the hammer way too far in other ways and now the class is too far gone.

BossKey doesn't know what they're doing, it's pretty obvious between all the poorly thought out balance patches we've received and how badly this game has flopped.

Wraith players left because they stripped all the fun movement out of it and buffed the gun a bunch to make up for it which is fucking boring. Gimme my old knife back and make the damage on it 50 for all I care, I'll reinstall and play again.

That's not how Wraith worked. No one did well spamming.

You can tell he's never played the class, if you just ran at people knifing over and over you were gonna get worked, badly. Maybe that strategy worked in the lower skilled brackets.

Excited for most of the new changes, especially the assassin ult nerf, but is anyone still playing? About to load up the game and I imagine I'll be in queue for ten minutes then leave to play Dark Souls 3 or something.

Expanding my queues from just US-West, to both it and US-East, I've been able to get matches tonight on PC. This game's graphics are so blurry, I forgot how blurry everything is. I have a hard time reading the field in this game, swear it's half the difficulty for me. I reduced all the graphics to low and med and cranked up AA and that helped with mouse lag reduction and image clarity somewhat. Should have done that a lot earlier.

It's nice to play the game again. I honestly haven't cared about the regenerating health so far, but I'm glad they upped the delay from 3 to 5 seconds. Game can still be really fun. Matchmaking is still as mediocre as it always was. Bombing run maniac healer is still very entertaining.

I just played a 2 hour session and didn't level up. I wonder if that's why they didn't specify the degree to which they increased XP gain in the patches notes? /s

They really need a queue for everything option, both ranked and quick play simultaneously. With this tiny playerbase, that would be really nice.

Expanding my queues from just US-West, to both it and US-East, I've been able to get matches tonight on PC. This game's graphics are so blurry, I forgot how blurry everything is. I have a hard time reading the field in this game, swear it's half the difficulty for me. I reduced all the graphics to low and med and cranked up AA and that helped with mouse lag reduction and image clarity somewhat. Should have done that a lot earlier.

Thats weird about the blurriness, might be some AA shenanigans going on? I've always found the game to be really crisp and clear so that sucks. You need clarity with the high speed encounters to know whats going.

As for the patch, I haven't been able to find a game :/ Checked last night and today mid-day with east and west NA both selected to queue. Waited about 10 mins each time before giving up. I wonder if the new boss leagues queue just fractured the already small pool even more. They need to go F2p fast or just stop bothering with the updates because it's a waste.

Budi

Not too bad, got to play quick match and comp both. About 3 minutes of queue with EU and US servers. I just had to wait over 5 minutes before giving up in Heroes of the Storm ranked, so 3 mins in a game with such low playerbase is fine with me. I just wish it was the same (or better) outside of weekends too.

Hey, I got some Lawbreakers games! Currently going 0:8 for Boss League, and yeah, I'm not good at the game, but there comes a point where that's just really not likely to happen. Like statistically I should have a win.

Nope!

Was mostly battle medic too.

Got to play some games tonight and had a lot of fun. I think the regen change was good as I see less fights ending with people just disengaging to go heal. Game still feels great. Enforcer is way too powerful right now.

Wraith is my second least played but I got MVP both times I used him tonight. Part of that is matchmaking luck, but he seems fine still on PC. Maybe he was overnerfed for PS4, which is where our Wraith players in this thread play? This one good player dominated with Wraith, we were being destroyed on Occupy, but they switched to Juggernaut, and two randoms took the Wraith slots. Only reason we barely won. Wraith can still dominate and cruise around at 200MPH, he's basically the same as when I last played him. I also love that I have the clownish looking skin and his rusty knife skin, makes me look demented.

Anyway, the game's playable again, or I guess it never wasn't, so I've been enjoying it again even with only 80-150 people on.

I like the health increase and regen. I prefer longer time-to-kill shooters. Again, that health increase could be a bummer on PS4 because I assume overall accuracy and damage dealt out over time is lower there.

Just read pt2 of Cliff's Lawbreakers interview on Gamespot. Can't say that i'm not a little disappointed. Gotta give the man credit for determination, though. I don't agree with his decision to push gameplay design over characters to the marketing forefront, but he stands behind his mantra one hundred percent. You have to applaud clarity of vision. You can't lead a ship if you aren't confident about its course.

That said, I think that he might be approaching it a little backwards. Had he gone character heavy with a stronger emphasis on gameplay possibilities, then I think he could've gotten far more people interested. Certainly people like me. For example, I bought Overwatch because i just couldn't help digging that art and the story from those shorts. I hate playing the game, so i don't. But I bought it. Game just can't hold my interest.

On the other hand, I probably would've enjoyed Lawbreakers as it's all really skill based. Like old Halo, Quake, or CSGO. Without that connective universe, though, I've just not been interested in trying it out. 30.00. Free. No difference. There's too much competition. Perhaps not as singularly focused on fun skill based shooting - but that's not enough of a draw to engage me with limited time and a buffet of gaming options today.

I still think should the company change it's focus and lean into its unique character design and world, that there's an audience to salvage here.

All that, though, and his comments regarding a SWITCH version really bummed me out. Not even so much that he'd do an Xbox version first (because of what he assumes the market is), but that because it's on SWITCH that he'd need to change the game somehow. That it might need to focus on local multiplayer or even some kind of 1v1.

The these considerations even came to mind because its on Switch is the kind of weird thinking that I'd hoped would've faded away as the platform gained popularity. I really, REALLY just don't get it. Just because a PvP focused multiplayer shooter is on switch does't mean that it needs to change in ANY way. I can't emphasize enough how popular Call of Duty Black Ops 2 was on Wii U. That game was only limited by the small user base, but of the users that owned it, it was DEFINITELY supported. Frankly, it was my favorite version of the game. Activision brought it out without compromise. It was super fast, fun, and a complete BLAST to play handheld. Frankly, if they brought that same game to Switch, I'd buy it today.

Cliff and these companies really need to understand that the appeal is the portability of a last gen + era console. The idea of local multiplayer is icing, but the ability to take it on the go, then plug it up and it's a home unit AND the ability to play with local buddies is GREAT.
Taking a full version of your game on the go is really what people want to do.

This is why people are saying that if they had to choose between a PS4 version or a portable version of the same game, they're choosing portable. We want to play our Destiny or Lawbreakers or (insert competitive / coop shooter) at home *and* pick it up and take it on the go. That's it. No gimmick.

The Switch audience is hungry for this niche to be filled. Splatoon is fine if that's your thing, but a game like Lawbreakers is really missing an opportunity. Certainly would do more there than on Xbox one. Who's going to stop playing PUBG or Destiny 2 or Overwatch or the inevitable Halo for Lawbreakers? On Switch, it's what? Splatoon? Rogue Warrior? That upcoming weird deformed body parts pvp shooter? C'mon Devs...fans can't be the only one seeing this? My fingers AND toes are hoping that DOOM slays on this system.

Anyway, best of luck to Lawbreakers.

Top Bottom