• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lead Writer Sam Maggs confirms that Rivet is canonically a lesbian

Status
Not open for further replies.
They really need to screeen peoples social media accounts before they hire them.

Can you imagine hiring this woman after seeing how she bad mouthed her previous employer and “quit” her latest employer? It’s nothing but a liability, i dont care if shes the best writer in hollywood, the drama and mental health of the studio is far more important.

I agree though I think she may have quit/been fired due to the fan backlash surrounding KOTOR.

Anyone who hires Sam Maggs now, knowing what you're going into is a fool and any project she joins is essentially doomed from the start.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
dog-unimpressed.gif

Gifmaker

I always told my mum, when I grow up I want to be a gender-swapped, lesbian, space-faring cartoon rabbit.

Oddly specific but I feel so represented.
As a privileged balding overweight white CIS male, I never needed to lower myself to such pitiful pleas. Everytime a movie comes on with good old Schwarzenegger or Stallone, I look at them, smile and think to myself: "Yup. That's totally me".

Feels good to be on top of this world.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Has any posted that this is only her saying so and not the people who actually make such decisions?

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Literally everything Sam Maggs touches turns to shit. I can safely say that the Knights of the Old Republic remake is also going to have the same fate.

She’s no longer on the project so there’s hope. She will probably try to claim credit and say she invented the original Knights of the Old Republic or something, and that Rivet was based on Revan, and that Revan was actually gay …

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
She’s no longer on the project so there’s hope. She will be probably try to claim credit and say she invented the original Knights of the Old Republic or something, and that Rivet was based on Revan, and that Revan was actually gay …
She actually created the Force. Originally she wanted to call it Gaydar but someone threw out the Force in a pitch meeting. That someone followed her vague guidelines. TEAM!!

You know the thing is she absolutely knows she is toxic. It's why she has embraced freelance writing instead of trying to work for a company. Every time she works for a company she'll have to explain why she was fired/quit. Freelance she can just put it on her resume and honestly not many questions are going to be asked, especially further down on the list. Bouncing around now is normal and expected.

Since leaving Insomniac she's already left another project (though I'm not sure I'm ready to outwardly blame her for that specific project). And now she put out Tiny Tina. We'll see if she ever gets another job in gaming from a major studio again and not a job with one of her friends at like Goodbye Volcano High. Pretty sure it'll be tough sledding from here on.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
of course she is....
The characters in that game lacked any sort of edge. It's full disney boring goody2shoes.
It was like that even in the ps4 game. They took all the edge away andmade everything else super dumb kids friendly. Not the 90s kids who were rad. But disney idiot kids.
Those Disney idiot kids are actually a certain demographic ideologically, in their 30s.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Anyone on GAF work at game companies or creative kinds of companies or departments? How common are ultra ego people like Sam Maggs trying to push their creative agenda and taking credit for shit hoping nobody notices? Is it a norm and you to always live with this crap?

Or are people like Maggs really rare and typically those kinds of departments are pretty chill like other departments?

Doomtrain

Anyone on GAF work at game companies or creative kinds of companies or departments? How common are ultra ego people like Sam Maggs trying to push their creative agenda and taking credit for shit hoping nobody notices? Is it a norm and you to always live with this crap?

Or are people like Maggs really rare and typically those kinds of departments are pretty chill like other departments?
I can really only speak for one game studio, but literally no one I know at work is like this. Journalists are a different story, though.

JonSnowball

Just a reminder, Sam Maggs is featured in this hilarious satirical comedy video that made the rounds a few years ago. I suppose her writing gigs are a result of being able to formulate such hysterical comedy poking fun at puritans with gross exaggerations, I certainly chuckled. I'm unsure why she never ended up working for The Onion as that seemed like a perfect fit.

Duchess

I read today that Emeli Sandé has come out as gay.

The world is drowning in lesbians.

Soon, the only things shops will sell will be emergency cardigans and dungarees..! :eek:

Why are we giving attention to a person like this? She could have voiced her frustrations in a more polite manner, but as she knows the fact that being part "marginalized" minority shields her from most criticism in the eyes of the media is so fucked up. She looks like a prick and insufferable person to work with if things don't go her own way.

Last edited:
She's into fucking tarot cards according to her website, so I think i'll just blacklist her from my mind for the rest of time.
There's nothing wrong with tarot cards for whoever likes them.

But, it's a red herring to claim you are into something like that. Judging from people I know who have interests in that kind of thing, because of the respect they have for "something that surpasses their existence" it's probably a bit like sacrilege to say you're into that. So they don't and instead it's part of their intimacy. Very few people if at all know.

The only people I've heard blowing that kind of hobby into the air are... basically rocks with eyes. Everything goes over their head, including notion.

I don't believe in tarot myself, but the card themes and how they came to be is actually really interesting, and I'm sure they are also interesting from a storytelling perspective.

Last edited:

Gifmaker

When you were a kid playing Mario 64, didn’t you ever wonder if the Toad was pansexual? Didn’t you wonder what their pronouns were? How did we ever finish that game without answering the all important questions of Toad’s sexual desires and gender identity?
So long gay Bowser

Homophobic trash obvsly

Last edited:

Filben

I don't understand any of this. Literally. Who's Sam Maggs? Who was summarising what events? Why should she being mentioned? What is IGN's role here? What is a wuffle?

GymWolf

Not keen on calling twitter psychos "daddy" tbh.

She's into fucking tarot cards according to her website, so I think i'll just blacklist her from my mind for the rest of time.
Tarot cards?? And i thought she couldn't get more stupid than what her tweets already show...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom