• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leafyishere Banned from Youtube

VN1X

Banned
Don't care much for Leafy myself (I'd rate his content as juvenile and shallow, same as Jim Sterling's 'effort' as of late) but what I found odd was that his ban has been celebrated by Asmongold no less? Now I'm not that familiar with him myself but know he's a popular streamer with a large audience. I always assumed he was one of the good guys but, as it turns out, he's ripe for China!

(comments are gold btw)

Some context on Leafy's ban:

Discuss, or don't but this thread is mainly a PSA with regards to Asmongold being a hypocritical twat. Have a nice day!

Last edited:

Naibel

Leafyishere, now that's a name I haven't heard in a looong time.

Dude hasn't been relevant in years, so I'm not going to lose my shit over this. I'm not a total fan of how his channel got terminated (if penguinz0 is getting the story correctly) but his content was clickbait-tier trash anyway so eh.

Idubbz's Content Cop about him was fucking hilarious so at least we got that out of him.

Kenpachii

What i found out:

So basically he shits on pokimane with 12 video's ( some twitch chick that watches video's on her twitch channel and talks to her audience not even a boobstreamer ) for absolute no reason for 20 minutes long with endless fanbase baiting ( basically trying to upset her fanbase to get them to click on your video's for profits ) to get people to watch his video and dislike and comment it so he gets views.

Then youtube automatic sponsorship system came into play here ( probably why he got banned ) which made pepsi sponsor that video.. People informed pepsi and probably asked why they sponsored a 20 minute harassment video, pepsi most likely contacted youtube and the ban happened because youtube likes sponsors and he abused his privileges of that automatic system.

OP finds a video of some other turd that starts to go after asmongold because he dislikes people that shit on other people for nothing else then personal gain and for absolute no reason. Wants to put him in the soy list as result even while the guy is the biggest anti sjw on twitch. Not like that random guy cares because it creates attention towards his channel ( aka leafyishere wannabe )

Asmongold is basically a twitch streamer that is super successful with talking about things in life while pressing buttons in world of warcraft.

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
Pretty sure it was H3H3. They copystriked some other channel, for a negative video about them. Right after when the CEO of Youtube was invited to H3H3 Podcast.

Without any DRAMA these fucks cant make any money.

Pretty sure it was H3H3. They copystriked some other channel, for a negative video about them. Right after when the CEO of Youtube was invited to H3H3 Podcast.

Without any DRAMA these fucks cant make any money.
Really? Wow I had no idea that’s what they were doing these days. I stopped watching once their podcast started. It’s so hard to listen to, Ethan is a terrible interviewer.

TrainedRage

Banned
Keemstar next please.
I thought you were for free speech and not banning/silencing people? I didn't like Leafy AT ALL but he should have been given a strike as is YouTubes system. Its pretty gross this is all because some e-girl didn't like being in a thumbnail.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
So who is leafyishere and what made him famous?
icuck made a video about him but I already forgot who he was or what he did outside not having a chin

these guys don't fucking matter IMO

TaySan

Banned
I thought you were for free speech and not banning/silencing people? I didn't like Leafy AT ALL but he should have been given a strike as is YouTubes system. Its pretty gross this is all because some e-girl didn't like being in a thumbnail.
Keemstar and his ilk ruin lives for Youtube views. Youtube is better off without drama channels. In this case he should have gotten a strike, but if Youtube followed their guidlines Keemstar would have been banned ages ago.

TrainedRage

Banned
Keemstar and his ilk ruin lives for Youtube views. Youtube is better off without drama channels. In this case he should have gotten a strike, but if Youtube followed their guidlines Keemstar would have been banned ages ago.
Better off for who? You? People LOVE drama. The site thrives off it. Drama is exciting. Doxxing and calling children names or making fun of unknowns, I hear that. But some drama about Poke/Leafy/H3H3 that's fair game when you are a public figure. Life isn't all happy things about people doing nice stuff for each other. Drama exists and shouldn't be culled because one person cant take a joke/comment.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
He's had multiple strikes and constantly ignored warnings to NOT bully people. The fact that he went soo hard on this girl he was almost obsessive and creepy about it.
Oh so that was his 3rd strike in however long? Then fine, if he was warned and told it why. I was under the impression they didn't even say it was a strike and the others had been reviewed and taken back or been to long ago to count.

YCoCg

Oh so that was his 3rd strike in however long? Then fine, if he was warned and told it why. I was under the impression they didn't even say it was a strike and the others had been reviewed and taken back or been to long ago to count.
Dude has had MULTIPLE bans, he actually ran off from YouTube for a while after getting a strike last time and another YouTuber giving him a beatdown by revealing the creepy shit he got up to. Remember that girl who fucked dogs? Leafy had a thing with her for a bit until she broke it off. But yeah this was supposed to be his comeback, ...and he went straight into going hard on another girl for simply existing and being popular.

He's had multiple strikes and constantly ignored warnings to NOT bully people. The fact that he went soo hard on this girl he was almost obsessive and creepy about it.

Bullshit. I watched a lot of those videos. All he did was criticize Pokimane, what she contributed with as "content" and her hypocrisy, but mostly the people following her. One was spent on telling "the simps" that she has a boyfriend. Actually half-off them he went on a tangent about unrelated things, like finances and YouTube in general. Could you point to the specific act of "bullying"? I haven't watched them all, but enough to make this ban absolute horseshit.

This is all the consequence of YouTube being absolute paranoid and overly responding to anything. It started with Pewdiepie's adpocalypse and it has snowballed onwards from there. That right-wing guy Crowder got demonetized after a specific campaign from Vox's Carlos Maza. YouTube has been positioning itself as the "new TV", as many have noticed, even big creators, which have lead to a lot of kneejerk responses and rewriting ToS.

More so where's your citations for "multiple strikes and [...] warnings"?

Ionian

He was banned ages ago, then un-banned.

Him and H3H3 are as bad each other in obnoxiousness.

Including;

- Jim Sterling
- Whatever THOT is recent
- Boogie
- Sodapoppin
- Ice Poseidan
- Asian Andy

The list goes on and on.

It's all a circle jerk of edginess. They make money off drama, it would be stupid they stopped fighting with each other.

Pure grifters. Kids grew up watching them which massively helped.

They know what they're doing and getting rich off it.

Respect the game but sure as fuck ain't for me. Only ever see them when someone links something.

Mahadev

He was banned ages ago, then un-banned.

Him and H3H3 are as bad each other in obnoxiousness.

Including;

- Jim Sterling
- Whatever THOT is recent
- Boogie
- Sodapoppin
- Ice Poseidan
- Asian Andy

The list goes on and on.

It's all a circle jerk of edginess. They make money off drama, it would be stupid they stopped fighting with each other.

Pure grifters. Kids grew up watching them which massively helped.

They know what they're doing and getting rich off it.

Respect the game but sure as fuck ain't for me. Only ever see them when someone links something.

How is soda a drama streamer? If anything he avoids drama and Just Chatting "content" like a plague and only plays games.

Ionian

How is soda a drama streamer? If anything he avoids drama and Just Chatting "content" like a plague and only plays games.

His whole thing with the Ex-Drama for a start.

Dudes no idiot, he was playing to the crowd. All these streamers are playing off each other.

Never said it was bad but that's exactly what it is, drama, just not for me.

Last edited:

Mahadev

His whole thing with the Ex-Drama for a start.

Dudes no idiot, he was playing to the crowd. All these streamers are playing off each other.

Never said it was bad but that's exactly what it is, just not for me.

This is ancient news and it wasn't him enabling the drama, it was other streamers making fun of him because his ex was a terrible person. Soda learned from it and keeps his personal life mostly out of his stream now, you really need to check him out again.

Ionian

This is ancient news and it wasn't him enabling the drama, it was other streamers making fun of him because his ex was a terrible person. Soda learned from it and keeps his personal life mostly out of his stream now, you really need to check him out again.

Naaaaah, I grew up.

If you can't see the grift then fair enough.

Each to their own.

Ionian

He's been keeping up with that "grift" for years now, he must be very committed to it!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Would you work for free? He's already made and spent a fortune.

Who cares?

Call a spade a spade.

Anyway ... about Leafy ...

Last edited:
Top Bottom