• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends All-Stars Event 2016 | IWC: Dec. 1-4 | Main: Dec. 9-11 |

Fp7OUYJ.png

All-Stars 2015

After a grueling month of competition at Worlds 2016, it's time for some mayhem!

At the 2016 All-Star Event, pro players from around the globe will be placed in regional teams based on your votes to compete against All-Star teams from other regions. Along with regular 5v5 games, All-Star Event will feature some silly and fun game modes and a 1v1 tournament.

[Send jokes, pls]

rV53yA0.png

Through Nov. 1-7th ASE will feature community-voted players from all the big regions battling it out for points in 5v5s, "fun modes" and 1v1s. The regions will be split into two groups, with Korea, North America and Wild Card making up Team Goodbye SKT Bengi Fire and EU, China and LMS playing for Team Vacations & Chokes Ice. The team with the most points at the end of the tournament wins fancy trophies for their players and gets an IP boost for the regions it represents. No crowfounded pricepool, no RP.

Regional Matches
  • Each Team Fire region plays each Team Ice region (100 points per win)
  • Top team from each side plays each other in a best-of-3 finals (300 points for series win)

Fun Matches - 5v5 matches:
  • Pick 10 (50 points) - fans vote for the 10 champions played, 5 per team. Players decide who plays which champion within the team.
  • Marksman Mode (50 points) - a blind pick match where players can only play Marksmen and purchase boots, AP/AD items and their components, and potions.
  • Assassin Mode (50 points) - A blind pick match where players can only play Assassins and purchase boots, AP/AD items and their components, and potions.
  • One For All (50 points) - Standard One For All special mode rules apply
  • Legend of the Poro King (50 points) - Standard Legend of the Poro King special mode rules apply.
  • Tandem Mode (Doubles) (100 points) - Two players will control each champion, with one controlling the keyboard and the other the mouse.

Fun Matches - 1v1 tournament matches
  • Random drawing, but the first round will always match a Team Ice player against a Team Fire player
  • Standard 1v1 rules - Played on Howling Abyss, winner is first to kill the opponent, destroy an opponent's tower, or record 100 CS
  • Single match (Best of 1) through quarterfinals. Semifinals and Finals are Best of 3.
  • 250 Points available: 150 for 1st place, 50 for 2nd place, and 25 each for 3rd/4th place

As a reminder:
Winning team determined by points. The winning team earns an IP boost for all players in the regions they represent.

cmFvOI2.png

LCK - LoL Champions Korea
NJtPnIn.png

From left to right
Top: Smeb (56.5%)
Jungle: Bengi (46.3%)
Mid: Faker (82.6%)
ADC: PraY (51.9%)
Support: Madlife (47.4%)

NA LCS - North America LoL Championship Series
vT9ryOz.png

From left to right
Top: Impact (41.7%)
Jungle: Reignover (36%)
Mid: Bjergsen (66%)
ADC: Doublelift (35%)
Support: Aphromoo (55.3%)

SEA GPL (Wild Card Region) - Garena Premier League IWC-ASE

From left to right
Top: QTV
Jungle: Levi
Mid: Optimus
ADC: Celebrity
Support: RonOP

LPL - LoL Pro League (China)
jkcboVM.png

From left to right
Top: Mouse (24.3%)
Jungle: Clearlove (49.6%)
Mid: We1less (27.4%)
ADC: Uzi (51%)
Support: Mata (34.5%)

EU LCS - Europe LoL Championship Series
p736hNp.png

From left to right
Top: sOAZ (23.3%)
Jungle: Jankos (38.3%)
Mid: xPeke (35.2%)
ADC: Rekkles (43.1%)
Support: Mithy* (18.1%)
*Mithy replaces Yellowstar (34.7%), who declined to participate.

LMS - LoL Master Series (Taiwan/Hong Kong/Macao)
D6u2ZI5.png

From left to right
Top: Ziv (66.1%)
Jungle: Karsa (49%)
Mid: Maple (48.6%)
ADC: Bebe (56.1%)
Support: Albis (43.4%)

rV53yA0.png

Thursday, December 8th - Start Time: 4PM CET
  • Regional 1 - EU LCS vs. NA LCS
  • Marksman Mode
  • Regional 2 - LPL vs. IWC
  • 1v1 (x7)
  • Regional 3 - LCK vs. LMS

Friday, December 9th - Start Time: 4PM CET
  • Regional 4 - LMS vs. NA LCS
  • Legend of the Poro King
  • Regional 5 - EU LCS vs. IWC
  • 1v1 (x7)
  • Regional 6 - LPL vs. LCK

Saturday, December 10th - Start Time: 4PM CET
  • Regional 7 - LCK vs. EU LCS
  • One For All
  • 1v1 (x8)
  • Regional 8 - LMS vs. IWC
  • Assassin Mode
  • Regional 9 - NA LCS vs. LPL

Sunday, December 11th - Start Time: 4PM CET
  • Tandem Mode - 10v10
  • 1v1 (x4 + 3 Best of 3)
  • Ice vs. Fire (Best of 3)

Detailed schedule (in your local time) here.

rV53yA0.png

Where to watch:
Twitch.tv / Youtube (Day 1)
VODs:
/r/LoLeventVoDs (Recommended) / LoLeSports
Video: 2016 All-Star Event: Fire and Ice in Barcelona
Wallpaper 1 / Wallpaper 2

Casters:

6swePVs.gif

Thanks to: zkylon, I used his ot as a baseline + my paint/powerpoint skills + lolesports + esports wiki.

PS: I did my best, sorry. And send jokes, thanks.

It’s getting closer to the 2016 IWC All-Star Event where we will see 8 IWC teams battle it out for glory and for a chance to represent their region in the 2016 All-Star Event. Fans from around the world voted for their favourite players to make up their IWC All-Star Event teams. Here’s a first look at the teams who are in Barcelona getting ready to begin the All-Star mayhem!

International Wildcard All-Star Barcelona 2016 is the second All-Star event reserved for players from the Wildcard regions. For the first time, the eight Wildcard regions' All-Stars will be assigned to two teams – Team Ice and Team Fire.

rV53yA0.png

Each regional All-Star team will be placed into Team Fire or Team Ice, which has been determined by seeding: The top 4 IWCQ teams received a first seed and the next 4 teams received a second seed. Team Fire and Team Ice each have 2 first and 2 second seed teams.
  • Winning team determined by total matches won

Regional Matches – Each Team Fire region also plays a Team Ice region in one of the following modes:
  • Regular Match - Standard rules
  • Assassin Mode - A blind pick match where players can only play Assassins and purchase boots, AP/AD items and their components, and potions.
  • One For All - Standard One for All special mode rules apply
  • 1v1 Showdown - Teams face off in a series of 1v1 rounds. The first team to win three rounds wins the match. Standard 1v1 rules - Played on Howling Abyss, and the winner is first to kill the opponent, destroy an opponent's tower, or record 100 CS.
Knockout Phase
  • The losing team will only advance its top-scoring regional team to the playoffs, while the winning team will advance its three top-scoring regional teams.
  • All knockout matches are Best of 3 and will include a regular match followed by Assassin Mode, with a 1v1 Showdown as the third match if needed.
  • The winning team advances to All-Star Barcelona 2016 as the IWC representative.

cmFvOI2.png

bra.jpg

Brazil
Stars of the region, Revolta and Kami meet once again along with players who didn't have the honor of representing their region in an All-Star tournament before. Those two names will no doubt try their hardest to lead the region and their team to victory!

tur.jpg

Turkey
2015 was total heartbreak for the team and the fans for Turkey. With no one making it through the 2nd round of the 1v1 tournament, Turkey lost the IWCA 2015 title with a 10 point difference. Looking to change their unfortunate fate, the team is back with two new players. All eyes will be on Dumbledoge who has made a name for himself in the international scene, also known for his diverse champion pool.

jp.jpg

Japan
The Japanese roster has one of the biggest changes compared to the rest of the Wildcard regions. However one thing still remains the same: Ceros, their power midlaner. He’ll be joined alongside 3 new players to bring Japan victory.

sea-vn.jpg

GPL - Garena Premier League
Coming into this tournament as actual All-Star champions, the SEA team was formed through a GPL All-Star event that brought in teams from 6 different countries to compete against each other. Raising the success bar for their home region since 2015 IWCQ, SEA is looking to bring home first international trophy of 2016.

cis.jpg

CIS - Commonwealth of Independent States
After Albus NoX’s incredible performance at Worlds, all eyes will be on the CIS team. Kira and Smurf will be fighting strong alongside legendary support, Edward this year. While Likkrit still remains a fan-favourite from Worlds, he’ll be cheering on from home as his teammates secured the top two available spots from ANX. Last year's champion, CIS, is again one of the favorites this year.

lan.jpg

LAN - Latin America North
With their surprising performance at IWCQ, Lyon Gaming's home region will aim to surprise us once again. Hosting players from 3 different countries, one name is easy to notice, Seiya. With his performance in the 1v1 finals at 2015 IWCA, the Mexican mid laner is looking to give it another go this year.
las.jpg

LAS - Latin America South
Veterans and rookies! The LAS line up mixes in the old and new alike. Their roster has a more sentimental side this year as the two fan picked players, ClatoS and Bear will be playing their final pro scene games in IWCA. Surely LAS crew will fight hard to make this a memorable farewell.

oce.jpg

Oceanic Pro League
Last years hosts, will lay down the burden of representing their region in their home town and show their true potential in Barcelona. Another player who will be saying goodbye to the pro scene with this tournament is Raydere, sharing the stage with his old teammates.

Thanks, LoLeSports Staff.

rV53yA0.png

Day 1 - Thursday, Dec 1
Summoner’s Rift 5v5

• Brazil vs. Commonwealth of Independent States - 13:00 CET
  • Latin America North vs. Turkey - 14:00 CET
  • Japan vs. Oceania - 15:00 CET
  • Latin America South vs. Southeast Asia - 16:00 CET
1v1 tournament
  • Japan vs Latin America North - 17:00 CET

Day 2 - Friday, Dec 2
Assassins Mode

• Turkey vs. Oceania - 13:00 CET
  • Latin America South vs. Japan - 14:00 CET
  • Southeast Asia vs. Commonwealth of Independent States - 15:00 CET
  • Latin America North vs Brazil - 16:00 CET
1v1 tournament
  • Commonwealth of Independent States vs. Turkey - 17:00 CET
  • Brazil vs Latin America South - 18:00 CET

Day 3 - Saturday, Dec 3
One For All

• Southeast Asia vs. Latin America North - 13:00 CET
  • Oceania vs. Brazil - 14:00 CET
  • Turkey vs. Latin America South - 15:00 CET
  • Commonwealth of Independent States vs. Japan - 16:00 CET
1v1 tournament
  • Oceania - Southeast Asia - 17:00 CET
  • Tiebreakers - 18:00 CET

Day 4 - Sunday, Dec 4
Knockout Stage

• Semifinal 1 - 13:00 CET
  • Semifinal 2 - 15:30 CET
  • Final - 18:00 CET

rV53yA0.png

More detailed information here.
Where to watch:
Twitch.tv / Twitch.tv(Spanish) / Youtube (Day 1, Spanish)
VODs:
/r/LoLeventVoDs/

Courage of the Colossus meta for this patch. CIS took the first game over Brazil. Ivern picked by LAN in the game against Turkey. I'm super excited to see Ivern here, and I'm hoping we'll see him a bit more in this tournament.

Question, since I wasn't paying attention to patch notes apparently. Has Ivern always not spawned the extra buff on his first clear? Or was that new?

Also I agree, good looking OT. Nice work.

Leezard

Courage of the Colossus meta for this patch. CIS took the first game over Brazil. Ivern picked by LAN in the game against Turkey. I'm super excited to see Ivern here, and I'm hoping we'll see him a bit more in this tournament.

Question, since I wasn't paying attention to patch notes apparently. Has Ivern always not spawned the extra buff on his first clear? Or was that new?

Also I agree, good looking OT. Nice work.
He spawns the extra buff from lvl 5 onwards.

And yeah, nice ot.

The time of the matches didn't help me, I only watched the first day and a few of the other games. Way too early for me, haha.

I enjoyed the 1v1, some were so close.

I don't blame you. I caught the matches Thursday/Friday because they started right when I get up for work so I had twitch on my phone. Today it just went long enough for me to see. Is the schedule the same for next week?

WAIT HOW ARE THESES TEAMS BALANCED

If there's a balance issue blame European players.

PLEASE PICK IVERN.

Fast Edit: :( They didn't pick Ivern first rotation. Please pick Ivern!

Doublelift pick Vayne! It's actually good this patch. Especially if you're picking a tank.

Ooooh the hype Rengar pick.Oh shit this is the Rengar with that bug where his passive is granting bonus % total AD.

Rengar balanced. He took all the dmg like nothing, lol.

NA is actually playing like a team. EU is playing like a bunch of individual players.

Yeah. They look like a bad soloq team.

Deficio: "AND EUROPE IS PUSHING" ... "ok, not pushing" hahaha

Leezard

Who also happen to be fan favorites.

Poor Soaz :x Is no one warning him about roams?

Sure, they did. Not on the level of getting Dyrus or someone like kiwikid though.

The only reason EU didn't get fucking Yellowstar in the support role is because he declined, after all.

Nobody took the local gold for the first turret in LPL vs IWC. RIP

Casters calling out QTV for late Stand United in the bot lane flank, but they completely missed that he used it on Celebrity. Dude just died too quickly.

Classic syndra, miss your spells, hit R and kill the full health ADC anyways.

I can't help but always think about Optimus Prime when the casters mention Optimus.

Also, kind of funny Optimus is playing with Viktor. Everybody knows Viktor is a decepticon.

Time for the 1v1! I have to admit I enjoy them more than I should, I think.

And we still have LCK vs LMS to close it up.

I'd like to point out for anyone who didn't watch the IWC allstars there is a new 'Froggen Rule'. If someone snowballs back to the enemy's fountain it's considered a loss and there's no remakes.

I'd like to point out for anyone who didn't watch the IWC allstars there is a new 'Froggen Rule'. If someone snowballs back to the enemy's fountain it's considered a loss and there's no remakes.

I find it funny that the rule has literally that name:

5.3.2.3 The Froggen Rule.​ Players will not be allowed to redo a match if they snowball themselves into the enemy fountain.
Source

Ahaha the caster desk calling out the Froggen rule

Did he just say Coolio?

Edit: I know we have spanish speakers in here. I'm pretty sure that Dash said something in Spanish I just don't know what it was :x

Jesus that kill from impact was clutch.

What the fuck was Reignover doing? Why didn't he just stay and finish the dragon?

Well, game is over.

Edit: I guess you can TP first as a leblanc into Ryze. Maybe game isn't completely over, but it's still super rough for NA.

Production has been top notch for all stars so far.

Really having a lot of fun with all stars this year.

And lmao at that "BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNN" - 2 hours later - "GIIIIIIIII"

hahaha

edit:

PoliceLight.gif
ILLAOI, GALIO AND GAREN-MID ALERT
PoliceLight.gif

Oh god,, RIP soloq

Top Bottom