• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 6

Calvero

Banned
Or they could have had impact push bot (open inhib) while they let TSM have baron and then they could make them fight under a turret or simply trade an inhib for inhib and then live to fight another day...

no way Impact pushes all the way to inhib and takes it before TSM takes Baron and comes storming their base tack on the Elder Drag they had...no way would it be sane to let them take it and hope you don't crumble in base

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Or they could have had impact push bot (open inhib) while they let TSM have baron and then they could make them fight under a turret or simply trade an inhib for inhib and then live to fight another day...
Open inhib does not matter when TSM can just take baron and end the game shortly afterwards. The open inhib was on a lane that TSM had just pushed up and taken a turret on, and TP was not up right away so Impact had to move to the baron area anyways to cover. The game was over.

Stiler

no way Impact pushes all the way to inhib and takes it before TSM takes Baron and comes storming their base tack on the Elder Drag they had...no way would it be sane to let them take it and hope you don't crumble in base

So you force a fight that most everyone knows you can't win because of hte lack of dmg vs their super tanky team instead of at least try? That makes no sense.

Did Impact have TP? If he did he coujld have easily tp'd in to take inhib and then recalled back to base after. If not he could have simply went up there while his team baited near baron with reksai's poke or jihn w to keep TSM occupied without engaging them directly.

Sometimes you just wonder what the hell the players are thinking. Why would you even go anywhere near baron in that situation? Guess the pressure got to them.

GG TSM. 4th NA LCS title. 3rd for Bjergsen. 2nd for Doublelift (one with CLG). 1st for Biofrost, 1st for Hauntzer, 1st for Svenskeren.

Shame Meteos' Zac didn't work out after a good start. Competitive jungle is beyond boring right now.

Impact was the stand out player of the series IMO - TSM were just so dominant in jungle and mid after game 1 he couldn't do enough. Svenskeren bullied Meteos hard, forced a lot of fights, and made such a smart read on Jensen at the start of game 5. He did a lot more than I expected. Let's see if he can hold up at Worlds.

C9 have to beat either NV or Liquid, then IMT to make Worlds. They've got a week to recover, but they'll need to put in a big effort to get over this loss quickly to do it.

clemenx

Banned
You guys prefer IMT or C9 for the 3rd worlds spot?

Maybe even Liquid running through the gauntlet? (lol)

Here's hoping NA, KR and EU gauntlets are as awesome as the China one was, all 3 series going 5 games.

zkylon

zkylewd
feel bad for jensen, he had a pretty bad series, as did most of the team, really, but i think they should still be favorites to go to worlds

that clip of him grabbing his head after doublelift mowed them all down is such a heart breaker

You guys prefer IMT or C9 for the 3rd worlds spot?

Maybe even Liquid running through the gauntlet? (lol)

Here's hoping NA, KR and EU gauntlets are as awesome as the China one was, all 3 series going 5 games.

I think IMT is the better team and would do better at Worlds.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So you force a fight that most everyone knows you can't win because of hte lack of dmg vs their super tanky team instead of at least try? That makes no sense.

Did Impact have TP? If he did he coujld have easily tp'd in to take inhib and then recalled back to base after. If not he could have simply went up there while his team baited near baron with reksai's poke or jihn w to keep TSM occupied without engaging them directly.
Taking the inhib and teleporting back provides no advantage when TSM has huge push power to end the game. Trying to defend after TSM takes baron only makes the situation harder for C9 because there is no opportunity to potentially catch someone out around the pit, or take advantage of TSM being grouped in pit. TSM can and will force a fight with baron+a huge drake bonus to end the game, so the dice is best rolled where you have at least a tiny chance of something going wrong for TSM. But again, TSMs open inhib was bot lane, which they had pushed up to C9s base, even if you do want to entertain the notion that Impact should have tried to split. There was nothing to TP to and no way to get a fast push going.

The game was over before the last teamfight.

CGwizz

TSM yassssssss

Hope Immortals win gautlet, both cloud9 and them deserved it more than clg, these rules are fucked up.

zkylon

zkylewd
TSM yassssssss

Hope Immortals win gautlet, both cloud9 and them deserved it more than clg, these rules are fucked up.
?

rules are fair

immortals placed 3rd twice
c9 played 5th on spring and now 2nd

clg won spring and is now 4th

winning a tournament should matter which is why it's alright for clg to go to worlds

the other teams should fight it out, it's alright

zkylon

zkylewd
Punish improvement the riot way
???????????????

tsm went from 2nd to 1st, their improvement was rewarded with going straight to worlds

clg went from 1st to 4th, their actually winning something got rewarded with points and they went relevant enough on summer split which gave them enough points to go straight to worlds

immortals always choked when it mattered, so they get to battle it out on the gauntlet to go to worlds

c9 improved on a really bad spring split, they could've gone straight to worlds if they had improved enough to win the finals, but since they lost they still have their shot on the gauntlet

the fuck r u talking about lol

How soon we forget when everyone was bitching that spring split meant literally nothing.
yup

CLG also did the best an NA team has ever done at an international competition against a bunch of very tough teams at MSI (minus G2). They got TSM a No. 1 seed at Worlds. They deserve this and will definitely not be pushovers once they are there.

I'm pretty happy with the current system they have. They get the current hottest team, the most consistent performing team (or second if that's also the current hotness, as with TSM right now), and whoever beats out those that remain.

That gives you the best chance of getting the best teams in play, rather than having a team that's consistently performed well but dropped one bad series on an unfamiliar patch get eliminated, for example.

Like, the final three is likely to be TSM, CLG, and Immortals. Unless you're just a diehard C9 fan, I don't see how you could really find fault with that, meritoriously speaking. If C9 clutches it out maybe I could see Immortals fans (do those still exist?) complaining.

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean, it's a bummer for c9 but they also did really poorly in spring and they still got their chance to make it to worlds, just like immortals and liquid (i think?) do

NSESN

So we have all 4 teams locked for IWCQ play offs.
Lyon 1st INTZ 2nd and Albus nox Luna and Dark Passage will decide 3rd/4th tomorrow.

So we have all 4 teams locked for IWCQ play offs.
Lyon 1st INTZ 2nd and Albus nox Luna and Dark Passage will decide 3rd/4th tomorrow.

It's funny because if Lyon wins tomorrow vs Albus nox Luna, the rest of the games are irrelevant since the other games outcomes won't affect the standings.

Sick teamfight from TSM. Thought they lost it when Bjergsen died, but Doublelift turning it around! o.o

Also, who's the caster who's only yelling in the mic? Damn he's anoying and his hype sounds fake.

I've started noticed the yelling is getting a lot more awkward. Like screaming and weird noises. Also they throw around that so and so is a God after completely average plays.

NSESN

So we have 10 team qualified already
FW, Rox Tigers, SKT, EDG, RNG, IMay, TSM, CLG, G2 and H2K
Remains to qualify:3rd seeds from Korea, EU and NA, 2nd seed from SEA and both wildcards.

zkylon

zkylewd
considering that dardoch was known to troll and rage on scrims and shit i don't think that's such a bad idea

specially since he played really poorly on playoffs

fabby just felt like a pretty average player, so idk, i don't think he'll be that hard to replace

honestly the liquid roster hasn't been super strong in like forever, even with piglet they weren't much

it kind of sucks for them cos they don't have anyone to build their team around, matt, lourlo or fenix aren't star players (like huni/reignover) and don't seem to be natural leaders (like aphromoo), so they'll need to find players that can fill both slots

maybe santorin could be one, he looked really good last time he played on nrg. they could import someone for adc i think

clemenx

Banned
I don't see why the fuck can't both series be on the same day tho. Tomorrow's series is probably going to have shit atmosphere.

Top Bottom