• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Newt

Morde has:

NO Mobility
NO Range
NO CC
Equal Burst as some other mages
Isn't particularly tanky

COME ON.

I hope they make his W nuts. Like, you can cast it on an ally and an enemy and then magnetize the two of them together.

I really hope if they ever update his kit they play more on the magnetic aspects of being the "Master of Metal"
Morde isn't weak by any means.

zkylon

zkylewd
morde actually has a surprisingly high winrate

also i like this business ahri
k7COIiI.jpg

morde actually has a surprisingly high winrate

also i like this business ahri

THIS PICTURE

is pretty good
Mordekaiser is a juggernaut. Of course he doesn't have CC. His job is to do a lot of damage and also be hard to kill. The rest of your team is supposed to provide the gapclosing.

Other Juggernauts with CC-
Nasus
Darius
Illaoi(Only if they run from the spirit)
Trundle
Olaf
Udyr
Mundo
Volibear
Yorick

Hmm yeah, Juggernauts do have CC. Also Mordekaiser is surprisingly squishy. And if he doesn't build damage, unlike other Juggernauts, he ends up not doing..alot of damage.

JulianImp

doesn't morde just buy gunblade/rylais ?

Sure, he wants to buy those items and they might help, but that doesn't change the fact that he still has zero built-in CC compared to other champions in his same role. The items are also gold-dependant, so he can be kept in a CC-less state for longer if he gets an unfavorable match-up or lots of gank pressure, I guess.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What is "the same role"? Morde flexes between bot lane carry and solo lanes. When people talk about having CC they obviously mean hard CC, because having someone like Nasus or Yorick do not actually control fights or make up for an absence of hard CC on the rest of your team. Morde is decent and has uses into certain matchups or with certain comps. Not all champs need the same toolkit.

What is "the same role"? Morde flexes between bot lane carry and solo lanes. When people talk about having CC they obviously mean hard CC, because having someone like Nasus or Yorick do not actually control fights or make up for an absence of hard CC on the rest of your team. Morde is decent and has uses into certain matchups or with certain comps. Not all champs need the same toolkit.

When I say CC

I mean any form of CC. Slow, stun, physical blockation.

Also you insult Nasus. He gets in an adcs face, adc runs away, bam controlled fight.

Newt

Ive probably played more morde pre and post rework than you have in those two years. You aint fooling anyone newt.
And you apparently learned nothing from those games, because you seem to think that morde is somehow a weak pick because of lack of cc.

Morde is resourceless and has infinite sustain with w Max. He's deceptively tanky with his W spellvamp and he can be flexed in a solo lane or as an ADC.

Guess the concept of a "niche" is too much for this thread. Guess I shouldn't be surprised, after all it was just a month ago where people where complaining that ADCs without gap closers were weak.

zkylon

zkylewd
ppl so dramatic lately -__-

can we have a constructive discourse without being sardonic (lol)

be kind to one another

anyways, yeah, i'd say morde's lack of cc makes him one of the 'truest' juggernauts. he has issues because that rework was a bit of a mess but he's not weak atm, or at least that's not what his winrate indicates or that one time khan played him as a renekton counter heh

And you apparently learned nothing from those games, because you seem to think that morde is somehow a weak pick because of lack of cc.

Morde is resourceless and has infinite sustain with w Max. He's deceptively tanky with his W spellvamp and he can be flexed in a solo lane or as an ADC.

Guess the concept of a "niche" is too much for this thread. Guess I shouldn't be surprised, after all it was just a month ago where people where complaining that ADCs without gap closers were weak.

Just because hes a niche pick doesnt mean hes secretly strong. Hes ok against people who dont know how to play against him. He has no escapes, and his burst is reliant on him walking up next to a person and hoping they dont move away. Not to mention the heal is lackluster.

Morde is a bad pick. No cc, no escape, burst reliant on being next to a person who can easily run away from him...hes deffo niche in the sense that hes only pickable against scrubs and noobs.

Or the enemy team has picked a disengage support/jg and Nasus gets in no one's face?

Nasus dont care
Nasus keeps going in while damaging everyone
Shreds their armor and perma slows carries

Now Nasus is a niche beast

The funny thing about Newt is that he cant directly engage my arguments. In his ego, he cannot validate someone who makes an understood critique of the game, in this case a champion. What he doesnt know is that I know the innards of Morde more than he ever will. So he deflects with "bu bu but you dont play!" its the same reason why newt rails against the riot devs who dare make balance changes when theyre only Silver. Maybe its a jealousy that a "worse in rank" player is balancing the game. Either way, this has spilled to his personality on here. He cant accept that someone who doesnt play the game can make observations about said game.

Its quite sad.

tfw a silver level player makes a silver level analysis in order to try and sound like he knows what hes talking about

no wonder everyone moved to the discord

Newt

It up to the person who made the claim to provide evidence. You made the claim that Mordekaiser is a weak pick, and the only evidence you made to support that was "he doesn't has cc". Shortly after, others pointed out that Morde is a juggernaut, so obviously it was a class attribute for him to have a lack of CC. Then you bring up Nasus and Yorick who get kited harder than Morde? And both are pretty much objectively weaker.

Also, Riot deserves to be blasted for those Janna changes. The "silver yasuo player" was a joke, but yeah I stand by what I said there. Janna isn't even a contested pick in low elo. This is not about my ego, this is about improving the game.

This is the part where I mock the fact that another champion that has recieved a grand total of 1 skin in 6 years gets another one before Illaoi

Brewster123

Neo Member
Aw... A Viktor skin? I was hoping for another Teemo skin. Being serious, It does look pretty good. I personally am hoping for another Tahm Kench skin (I don't like his current options).

Brewster123

Neo Member
The emotes seem like a cool concept; I'm curious to see how many options we eventually get. As for gameplay, more Janna debuffs as expected. I am happy to see Ornn and Kench buffed though, and I'm curious to see if they nerf coin anymore after this.

On a side note, those Annie and Gnar skins look great.

It up to the person who made the claim to provide evidence. You made the claim that Mordekaiser is a weak pick, and the only evidence you made to support that was "he doesn't has cc". Shortly after, others pointed out that Morde is a juggernaut, so obviously it was a class attribute for him to have a lack of CC. Then you bring up Nasus and Yorick who get kited harder than Morde? And both are pretty much objectively weaker.

Also, Riot deserves to be blasted for those Janna changes. The "silver yasuo player" was a joke, but yeah I stand by what I said there. Janna isn't even a contested pick in low elo. This is not about my ego, this is about improving the game.

Actually I brought up more than Nasus and Yorick. I brought up multiple Juggernauts like Volibear, who doesnt get kited as easily. Likewise Trundle and Mundo have effective catch up tools as well as tools that speed them up or reduce the CC they get. You just focused on Nasus and Yorick because it suited your viewpoint.

And it is about your ego. It always has been. "Newt knows best" isnt an argument for improving the game, fortunately. The Janna balance was a misstep, but luckily that Silver ranked dev still has his job.

drawkcaB

Kench buffs! They even help his jungling.

Speaking of which I still need to add a jungler or two to my pool, can't pick between Elise/Rek'Sai/Evelynn/Kha'Zix.

I think he'll be *much* better with those changes, especially against tanks. I'm a little nervous since his numbers might be too high, but we'll see.
His damage with current health already felt stupid, giving him max health on top of his brittle procs it's gonna be overkill, I feel

zkylon

zkylewd
Does the new Eve seem fun?
yeah, pretty much every one of her spells got a fun twist to it

not having her invisibility and having to telegraph your ganks makes me think she'll be like a nocturne type of afk farm until 6 which is not super exciting tho

kind of a mystery but i'm no jungle main

Newt

Actually I brought up more than Nasus and Yorick. I brought up multiple Juggernauts like Volibear, who doesnt get kited as easily. Likewise Trundle and Mundo have effective catch up tools as well as tools that speed them up or reduce the CC they get. You just focused on Nasus and Yorick because it suited your viewpoint.

And it is about your ego. It always has been. "Newt knows best" isnt an argument for improving the game, fortunately. The Janna balance was a misstep, but luckily that Silver ranked dev still has his job.
I don't think I'm always right, but I can definitely see how you could reach that perspective. It makes sense for someone who is always wrong, and will continue to be that way, as long you don't bother to play the game and continue to infest your posts with pseudo troll armchair analysis.

I feel bad for the poor soul who tries to play voli in this meta.

I don't think I'm always right, but I can definitely see how you could reach that perspective. It makes sense for someone who is always wrong, and will continue to be that way, as long you don't bother to play the game and continue to infest your posts with pseudo troll armchair analysis.

I feel bad for the poor soul who tries to play voli in this meta.

Thinking does seem to be an issue, newt, we can agree on that about your style of conversation. The fact is the best you can come up with is "but you dont even play!". Yes, you dont need to play to make observations.

I feel bad for the people that pick Morde in this meta. If you take him top, there are better picks top. If you take him mid, there are mages who can do just as good damage, faster, at range, with some form of cc. If you pick him bot, then youre either replacing an adc or replacing a support, both of which are more valuable than Mordekaiser.

Mordekaiser is a bad pick.

Ever

Banned
Keep in mind these win rates are for Plat+ players in Patch 7.19 only. Taken from lolalytics.com.

Volibear win rate:

AXZ8KOH.png

No denying it, Volibear is just a bad pick. Not tanky enough, not strong enough in lane, gets kited too hard, the works. There all manner of picks that do what Voli does, but better. Basically a stat stick of a champion.

BV0WUko.png

Now that's interesting. I suppose Morde isn't a bad pick after all, considering the win rate, perhaps it's mostly mains playing him. The data seems to suggest so.

Keep in mind these win rates are for Plat+ players in Patch 7.19 only. Taken from lolalytics.com.

Volibear win rate:

AXZ8KOH.png

No denying it, Volibear is just a bad pick. Not tanky enough, not strong enough in lane, gets kited too hard, the works. There all manner of picks that do what Voli does, but better. Basically a stat stick of a champion.

BV0WUko.png

Now that's interesting. I suppose Morde isn't a bad pick after all, considering the win rate, perhaps it's mostly mains playing him. The data seems to suggest so.

Good thing this isnt an comparison between just morde and voli then, kappa.

And if you go check Diamond stats, Voli rises up to 52% winrate.

Overall across all ranks Morde has a 49% winrate and voli has a 48% winrate. But like I mentioned, there are better picks than morde.

Heck even Yorick and Nasus have a higher winrate overall, and those two can get kited easily lol. Poor morde cant even catch up.

Mordekaiser is decent enough, I dunno what you're talking about Breezy. Sure, there are better picks, but no one is trying to pass morde as some secret op pick. He's decent, its not that unusual to see him in high elo streams.

Mordekaiser is decent enough, I dunno what you're talking about Breezy. Sure, there are better picks, but no one is trying to pass morde as some secret op pick. He's decent, its not that unusual to see him in high elo streams.

And thats what Ive been saying. There are better picks that can simply do more than just damage, ie CC.

That's not what you said

The existance of better picks is a moot point because at any given time, that's 80% of the champions in League of Legends

Yup, morde is a bad pick imo. Ive already outlined that. So me agreeing that morde is decent at dealing damage, does not negate the fact that that is all he does and that he is overall a bad pick. Decent damage that can be matched by other mids or tops, who do have CC and other self steroids not constricted to a successful ultimate.

Morde sucks. Good damage. Thats about it.

Top Bottom