• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Calvero

Banned
oh wait, i forgot this was silver
5d62a959ae.png

faridmon

starting to feel helpless as a support. no matter great I do in lane and overall. there is always that one teammate who decides to feed their ass off or make bronze decisions.

I am just sitting here wondering how these people make the easiest mistakes and worst picks. thinking they are going to rekt.

You need to learn how to minimise ADC stupid decisions. Maybe play a sustain champ or a heavy peel champ such as Braum who have to baby sit ADC.

Ever

Banned
Can we do something about supports now?

I just love being exhausted and Janna/Zyra/Malz ulted soon as I go in. Totally fun with lots of counter play lul kek xd

Leezard

I just love being exhausted and Janna/Zyra/Malz ulted soon as I go in. Totally fun with lots of counter play lul kek xd

That's like almost their entire job in teamfights though.

I don't think assassins/tanks/divers have it too hard right now, lots of meta picks and bans belong to those classes.

zkylon

zkylewd
lmao

funny enough you had strong picks in every position

get qss against malz ult/exhaust

counterplay is you finding the right moment to pounce

don't run in head first and expect great results if u have a defensive support with full summoners next to the carries

faridmon

How dare you come up with constructive criticism to my complaining

Telling the mods tbh

There are champions you never engage head on.

Mal and Zyra are two of them. Janna and Braum are other..... In fact, you never just start engage against most supp champions because that is their job, to peel their adc and give them advantage to nuke you down.

Newt

From the one game I duoed with you on my smurf, here`s some things you can improve on 7flow.

1. Play more aggressive. Especially on champions like Nami, you can get really big leads in botlane during the early game. This means running up and using W whenever it`s off cooldown, constantly harassing with autos and procing your spellthief.

2. Learn to push and maintain your leads. If you have a decent lead in botlane, constantly try to extend this lead. That means force 2v2 fights, set up pink wards for ganks, setup tower dives with your jungler. If you`re ahead and your mid is behind, it`s sometimes I bad idea to group with your team.

3. Don`t do dumb roams. This isn't LCS where you're two levels behind the ADC. Everytime you roam, you're essentially losing XP and gold. Try not to roam unless the minions are pushed up to their tower, or you're guaranteed to get kills or assists. Remember that everytime you roam, that means your ADC is either going to get zoned or all-inned if they try to farm. By roaming you're slowly killing the lead in your botlane, or putting you guys further behind.

4. ESTABLISHMENT. I put this in caps because this is something I see supports esp in gold and silver constantly mess up. When you both back and you're returning to lane, don't go into the river or their jungle to ward. If you do this, the enemy botlane will push into tower and you will lose total control over your lane. Remember that a pushed lane is good for you because that means that you have control over the the enemy botlane and you're drawing jungle pressure (if you're setup to handle jungle pressure). Come straight to lane, ward the bushes near lane, and when you're well established in the lane is when you can leave to ward.

5. SYNCHRONIZED BACK. Another thing I constantly see supports mess up on. If you can, you want to always back at the same time. Now there's lots of exceptions to this rule, but usually it's most efficient for you to back and return to lane at the same time. If you desync your backs, you risk one of you dying or taking a whole bunch of harass, and losing lane control. Botlane is all about controlling the lane with minion management and ward placement, remember that.

6. POTIONS. Don't come to lane with no potions.

I just lost a game against some bronzes because my jungler who has a great win rate on jungle Kha and Noct decided "you know what how about I play graves for the first time in ranked"

why do these people dictate my games.

https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=tburgs
Also, 12 deaths is way too much, you should have the least deaths on your team as support.

Look at Ghost's stats from last season, even on champs he loses on, he has fairly high KDAs.

Naota is gonna beat us both to gold :(
Naota doesn't have the best mechanics, but he doesn't play like an Ape. I know this one Lee OTP who has great mechanics, but just plays like a Bonobo :^).

Newt, I meant to ask back on Friday but did you have any tips for me in the Jhin Lulu lane? Ignoring the fact that Ghost was being Chauster to Naota's doublelift.

TheFlow

Banned
I had a bad game because I kept getting sniped by lux. That was easily my worst game of the season.

my nami is good but I can't dictate my team screwing me over every game. decided to stop playing support.

Out of 69 games with nami
3.45:1 KDA
1.3 / 5.6 / 18.1
57%
69 Played

I can't dictate my teammates diving into 1vs3 situations everytime. nor can I teach an adc to auto in teamfights instead of relying on spells.

I have played against gold players last season when I duoed with Fuzzery and we went undefeated over 6-7 games.

hell some of the loses I had with nami over the day or so I was the only one to get an s rank.

Newt

Trust me, the role you're playing isn't the problem.

Those points I listed in my last post aren't just general stuff, it's stuff I've noticed you doing.

Newt, I meant to ask back on Friday but did you have any tips for me in the Jhin Lulu lane?
Haha, I remember that game being rough, but I don't really remember the details.

Edwardo

I think one of the biggest things is playing around your team. In my experience, you have to be flexible if you want to do well. Sometimes you sync with a lane partner and/or the rest of our team, but other times they're just going to do what they want because that's how they see the easiest way to win. Just go with the flow of the game and your teammates.

Shmuppers

If you're that serious about climbing pick up kha'zix or hec and jungle until you're gold

the elo is just there for you to take

you start getting semi-competent ad's around high gold-low plat

true. teammates is my problem right now.
Your teammates are completely out of your control. Enemy teams get the same roll of dice off the bag of morons as you do so the faster you accept that and only worry about your own play the faster you get better and actually climb.

Leezard

I had a bad game because I kept getting sniped by lux. That was easily my worst game of the season.

my nami is good but I can't dictate my team screwing me over every game. decided to stop playing support.

Out of 69 games with nami
3.45:1 KDA
1.3 / 5.6 / 18.1
57%
69 Played

I can't dictate my teammates diving into 1vs3 situations everytime. nor can I teach an adc to auto in teamfights instead of relying on spells.

I have played against gold players last season when I duoed with Fuzzery and we went undefeated over 6-7 games.

hell some of the loses I had with nami over the day or so I was the only one to get an s rank.

57% winrate with 69 games is great, just stick with that and you will climb in a decent pace.

zkylon

zkylewd
climbing just takes time

if you're consistent and win more than you lose you'll eventually get there

even if ur placements go really wrong or you lose ten games in a row, eventually statistics take over and that 51% winrate takes u to where u belong

and in the long run it's never ur team mates cos you're the only common factor among all those hundreds of games. be more aggressive, more consistent, less dumb, get rid of bad habits, have good map awareness, don't flame, don't play yasuo

Calvero

Banned
Naota doesn't have the best mechanics, but he doesn't play like an Ape. I know this one Lee OTP who has great mechanics, but just plays like a Bonobo :^).
Kiss yourself. But seriously can someone tell me how I can instalock Enve on Lee every game.
And how do I improve mechanix noot
Actually how do I play this game in general,my abilities don't work. seriously though give me advice
gg

Talents

Banned
I don't know what people expect when you tell them in champ select that you prefer any role to the one you got filled into and then they say it'll be fine. You proceed to be useless/feed and they rage? Like just give me any other role in champ sel;ect then?

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't know what people expect when you tell them in champ select that you prefer any role to the one you got filled into and then they say it'll be fine. You proceed to be useless/feed and they rage? Like just give me any other role in champ sel;ect then?
they expect u not to feed i guess

but that's harder than it looks lol

Talents

Banned
they expect u not to feed i guess

but that's harder than it looks lol

I legit can't jungle. Tried learning it at the start of the season and have like a 30% win rate with it.

Ivern invaded my blue level 1 so I went to take his and I got 4 man gang banged level 2. FeelsGoodMan.

Top Bottom