• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

JulianImp

Reading it now makes it seem confusing sure, but once you use it that'll change, like everything.

Essentially:

IP and blue essence are now one and the same, you can't reroll champ shards
Orange essence/skin shards are the same as now but you get less for disenchanting
You get rewards from levelling
Runes + masteries are combined and now free and editable in champ select

If you guys have questions btw let me know, I'll poke the right folks to get answers for you or I might already have them

It's a bit weird to hear "just wait until the changes ship and you'll understand" when we're required to take preemptive measure such as crafting away our shards before they start giving out less essence upon disenchanting them. Like, after reading the news article I thought they meant the lower disenchant values were only going to be applied to champion shards, and didn't really expect the changes to affect skin shards as well. A summary like yours at the end of the article would've helped a lot.

Guess I'll have to pay attention to when the changes hit so I can turn my unwanted shards into essence before then.

zkylon

zkylewd
some dope stuff on pbe

lcu.jpg

favoriting champions is a long requested feature i'm glad they're putting into the game

---

azir rework up, seems to be less focus on his poke with q and more on sustained dmg by having soldiers up constantly. he also lost some "invisible" power (not so invisible but still), like being able to clear wards from 1k distance or his ult blocking jumps after the animation

---

also a cool new skin line unfortunately wasted on lame champions (well, fiora is cool)

fiora.jpg

yi.jpg

janna.jpg

the skins all look pretty cool

Leezard

A lot of info on the new levelling system and blue essence stuff:

https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.c...out-the-upcoming-leveling-and-rewards-changes

Beyond level 30, you'll almost exclusively get unlocked chests with champion shards inside whenever leveling up. The only real exceptions to this will be on certain "milestone" levels like 50, 75, 100, etc. When these levels are reached, you'll get exclusive rewards that you can use to show off your status in-game. One of these rewards is a special emote which you can evolve using blue essence.
We're also planning to give out exclusive emotes based on how many hours you've put into since the beginning of League. Playing 500 hours gets you the Defender of the League emote, 1,500 hours gets you the Champion of the League emote, and 2,500 hours gets you the ultra-rare Conqueror of the League emote.
  • 1,500 BE - Mystery icon box (guaranteed to be an icon you don't already own)
  • 2,000 BE - Chromas (includes all chromas that have been available for at least six months)
  • 2,500 BE - ”Mystery Mini" Icons Box (exclusive to the special BE store)
  • 3,950 BE - Mystery Champions (guaranteed to be a champion you don't already own)
  • 4,900 BE - Mystery ward skin box (guaranteed to be a ward skin you don't already own)
  • 6,000 BE - Rune ward skin (exclusive to the special BE store)
  • 50,000 BE - "Make it Rain" emote (exclusive to the special BE store)
  • 50,000 BE and up - Gemstones (First one costs 50,000, second costs 75,000, third costs 100,000. Limited to three per account during the special BE store sale)
  • 150,000 BE - URFWick skin (now exclusive to the special BE store)

zkylon

zkylewd
that's one big ass info dump

what a fucking headache, it's not that complicated but it's so hard to get a good picture of what playing with this system will feel like because of how fucking bloated it is

current system is garbage, and very unsatisfying, so it's gonna be an upgrade, but i wish riot would make something that doesn't require a 20 point FAQ for a change

also those mini icons being rng is fucking bullshit

Hmm yeah on my current account I'll only be Defender.

Man if I could somehow merge my Garena account it, I'd totally get Conqueror. Pretty sure I have over 5000 matches on it alone (~800 is shamefully Coop Vs AI)

We'll introduce an exclusive ward skin (shown below) for anyone who owned any special legacy runes OR who spent at least 125,000 IP on runes before the September 1, 2017 cutoff date. We'll also give rare rune owners a special commemorative icon.

Heck yeah you lameos Ima get a special ward and icon and Ill be at the pantheon of gods

"But breezy you dont even play anymore"

Yes and god doesnt visit the mortals either

duppolo

I'm a new lol player with ~12k IP to spend.i should spend them before the patch or after? What heroes do u think I should get? I was thinking at zed and yosou or the ninja with scythe one..

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm a new lol player with ~12k IP to spend.i should spend them before the patch or after? What heroes do u think I should get? I was thinking at zed and yosou or the ninja with scythe one..
in your case it makes no difference, spend it whenever u want

duppolo

It's better that I spend them before the changes or after? Also I don understand the Harold answer. After the changes I should have some free heroes with lv 30? Cause I also want guys like Vladimir etc.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's better that I spend them before the changes or after? Also I don understand the Harold answer. After the changes I should have some free heroes with lv 30? Cause I also want guys like Vladimir etc.
it's the same when you spend your ip, champions will still cost 6300. the only thing that changes is how much essence u get from your shards

under the new system on your first levels you'll get champion shards for beginner champions and it's also easier to level so you'll get more shards than later on

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

But now I'm already lv 20..if I arrive at 30 I'll have some Champs?
Also: who is Harold?

whats up fellow new guy- if you play on NA we should crew up

also that guys jokes never makes any sense, i think i am too old

pigeon

Banned
Reading it now makes it seem confusing sure, but once you use it that'll change, like everything.

Essentially:

IP and blue essence are now one and the same, you can't reroll champ shards
Orange essence/skin shards are the same as now but you get less for disenchanting
You get rewards from levelling
Runes + masteries are combined and now free and editable in champ select

If you guys have questions btw let me know, I'll poke the right folks to get answers for you or I might already have them

What's the estimated value of one level in the new system compared to estimated value of IP from 29 to 30 in the old system?

zkylon

zkylewd
what i've read is that every level has an "ip" value which means that say at lvl 1 it's 450 "ip" so you get ashe

at lvl 30 it's 6300 "ip" so you can get jhin, or you can get orianna+caitlyn or something

there's quote marks around it cos you don't really get the champion, you get a shard, and since it's randomized it's worth a lot less (also can be repeats afaik?)

there's also gonna be milestone levels that give u special stuff like emotes

duppolo

I have like 200k IP. I am thinking just getting every champion before the new system screws me over

Nice.

I am EU Too who is rubbish. Hit me up if you wanna duo sometimes.

nice, but im so noob i cant add you...if you want, add me, im duppolo also on lol

faridmon

But the new system isn't gonna screw you over, you'll still have 200k + whatever you get from runes as blue essence and champions will cost the same.

Hope you are right.

To be fair, I don't want to get all the characters. Don't want to soil my good ARAM records lol
nice, but im so noob i cant add you...if you want, add me, im duppolo also on lol

Cool. I'll add you.

I won't be free until Saturday, but yeah my username is faridmon and yeah lets play on Saturday Evening/ Sunday morning if you can.

zkylon

zkylewd
I have like 200k IP. I am thinking just getting every champion before the new system screws me over

new system won't change anything for u

just disenchant all shards you don't plan on using

riot maybe should've just made old shards "legacy" so they give more essence and avoid this nonsense, but also that'd probably be adding more complicated shit to the mix

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

playing adc is worth it for these moments when your support goes super saiyan

i had maybe 1-2 solid plays/kills of my own there

but the rest

was as if i was playing with madlife himself

P.S. don't mind the inting top laner he's EU

edit: actually i really like this worlds song

better than last year's for sure

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I probably didn't like Ignite that much when it came out but now it's one of my favorite League songs/videos. Not sure what to think of this year's song. I don't really get much out of very straightforward pop stuff like this I guess.

zkylon

zkylewd
i love ignite, i like this one, but it usually takes a few listens for me to get into it

i hope the video is good, should've released both together imo

worlds collide is still my favorite

also

z1NKTBN.jpg

edit: riot really fucked up the messaging on these missions

i keep getting randos demand "original team" or "all mages" when you can't get it unless you're a premade...

also wish matchmaking was a bit better. i don't expect perfect ranking but it kind of sucks playing with people that seem like they barely know how to play the game like rushing ga on mf or some shit

like this is some coop vs ai shit

which i guess makes some sense, considering the mode

Top Bottom