• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Leezard

I thought this person was a bot / 100% trolling, until it hit me.

R7Kv2b4.png

Time to bust out support Ashe while it's still here.

It's not good, and it's worse now than before when ardent was more busted.

drawkcaB

Evelynn continues to trend upwards, PBE should send her over the edge. W first max builds are also starting to pop up in the stats with good results.

JulianImp

Took Warwick for a spin in a blind pick game, and ended up doing quite well (9/2/7). I like how you can sneak early dragon kills with him, and his kit is easy to grasp and use even at low skill levels.

It's also kind of cool how my support genes carry well onto other roles, since my warding tendencies are especially useful when jungling. This time around, the other nine players got only two control wards, while I bought nine (mostly with spare gold after making big purchases).

I'm probably still bad at timing my backs and got to work on my macro in order to be more aware of all the lanes and make better calls when ganking, but I think I'm finally starting to grasp how other roles work, and that kind of stuff is way more entertaining for me than being a Nami otp.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Is Stoneborn Pact good on literally anyone?
Yes...gets used all the time. Good on tank junglers like Sej or Maokai, good on many tank supports, fairly interchangeable with Courage even out of a solo lane.
More Morde bugs. Just give this guy his VGU already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tATL2XjVMbQ
He already had VGU....also bugs exist in lots of places...just how it is. If you pick stuff like Morde or Yorick you should know that you will get interference from bugs and possibly lose the game.
https://my.mixtape.moe/vasoyx.webm

drawkcaB

Won't her damage be garbage with W max?

Honestly, doesn't seem like it too much, from my observations.

First, it doesn't affect her clearing all too much because Q is so spammy against monsters and the W proc makes up for it against larger monsters. Second, a full use of Q has a disgusting AP ratio on it (something like 1.95 AP if I understand correctly how it works) so early AP can make up for the lost damage.

It does deal less damage in fights early on, but apparently getting an extra 0.5s of charm on her level 6 ganks makes up for it, at least statistically.

Also, should be noted that there's quite a few champions that have statistically stronger skill order that aren't as popular as the typical skill order. Rek'Sai's E max first is stronger but even in proplay they max Q first.

what, is it some sort of w-e max tank build with cinderhulk and abyssal mask

Nope, still damage focused/assassin itemization (although statistically going with an off-tank Runic-Liandry's-Rylais build seems very strong, pair that with Gunblade and Zhonya/Banshee). Despite E having an on-hit now, my gut feeling is that without the capacity to spam abilities in fights like her old kit, Sheen items, particularly Lichbane, are actually trap items and have been suppressing her win rates.

remist

Is there no promotion series from bronze to silver? I started playing ranked after mostly aram this season and I went from 97 LP bronze I straight to silver V. Never really played much ranked before.

Jezan

I have a two questions, playing mostly unranked, most people want to go mid, so yesterday I didn't even got supp and I had to go adc. I suck, hardcore.

The only games I didn't suck was when the supp was a Blitz he was really aggressive and basically he was playing ARMS so I had all the time to farm using Sivir. And the other was with a Nami which was also really aggressive so we reached a point where we all many items and I built Sivir as the game was progressing cause they had Renekton and Swain and they took many many hits to die if they died.

The first question is, how can I farm when the opponent is being too aggressive? I tried a game against Vayne and Lulu and Lulu was always in my ass shooting stuff, I fell behind.

The second one is, how do you finish tanks like Swain and Renekton? they had a Soraka, and I'm not even sure they were built as tanks but they healed for so much. The moment we stopped attacking Swain he was healing loads. My build was: IE, Essence Reaver, Berserker's Graves, Bloodthirster, Dominik and Mortal Reminder.
I built Dominik thinking they were tanks but someone said I should go Mortal Reminder, how do I know if they are tanks or just healing?

Leezard

I have a two questions, playing mostly unranked, most people want to go mid, so yesterday I didn't even got supp and I had to go adc. I suck, hardcore.

The only games I didn't suck was when the supp was a Blitz he was really aggressive and basically he was playing ARMS so I had all the time to farm using Sivir. And the other was with a Nami which was also really aggressive so we reached a point where we all many items and I built Sivir as the game was progressing cause they had Renekton and Swain and they took many many hits to die if they died.

The first question is, how can I farm when the opponent is being too aggressive? I tried a game against Vayne and Lulu and Lulu was always in my ass shooting stuff, I fell behind.

The second one is, how do you finish tanks like Swain and Renekton? they had a Soraka, and I'm not even sure they were built as tanks but they healed for so much. The moment we stopped attacking Swain he was healing loads. My build was: IE, Essence Reaver, Berserker's Graves, Bloodthirster, Dominik and Mortal Reminder.
I built Dominik thinking they were tanks but someone said I should go Mortal Reminder, how do I know if they are tanks or just healing?

There are a couple different things:

How to deal with aggressive bot lanes: Pick a safer laning adc. Try playing Ashe instead of Sivir, Ashe has longer range so it's harder for someone like Lulu to harass her.

How to deal with tanks: Change your item build. If you want to maximize damage on tanks you typically want like IE + Rapid Firecannon + Statikk Shiv + Dominik/Mortal Reminder + Berserker Greaves + Bloodthirster. This build outperforms the one you bought, which has very little attack speed. Mortal Reminder is also ok against tanks, but you typically only get it if the enemy has significant heals. Swain, Mundo, Vladimir and Soraka are good reasons to get Mortal Reminder.

Is there no promotion series from bronze to silver? I started playing ranked after mostly aram this season and I went from 97 LP bronze I straight to silver V. Never really played much ranked before.

There is a promo series, but if your MMR is high enough it can skip you through the promos. Though I'd say I'm confused how your ranked MMR got high enough if you don't really play ranked all that often because ranked and normal MMRs are separate. But yeah, there's no guarantee you'll have a promo series between any 2 ranks, it's just highly likely based on the fact that they only skip if you're much higher MMR.

Are you kidding me? When? Send me the link!
http://www.lolesports.com/en_US/tickets

So what I can tell is that you can(might?) still be able to get semi final tickets, but apparently the finals tickets favored local fans and well, its hard to actually find info on how to get the world finals tickets. If youre an international fan, rito did say they would hold some tickets for international fans but well, there seems to be little to no info on when those go on sale?

http://www.lolesports.com/en_US/articles/worlds-2017-wuhan-international-tickets

Even looking at this they dont really outline if and when theyre selling the finals finals tickets?

remist

There is a promo series, but if your MMR is high enough it can skip you through the promos. Though I'd say I'm confused how your ranked MMR got high enough if you don't really play ranked all that often because ranked and normal MMRs are separate. But yeah, there's no guarantee you'll have a promo series between any 2 ranks, it's just highly likely based on the fact that they only skip if you're much higher MMR.
Thanks. That is really weird. Ive only played 7 games after placements so I dont know how my mmr got so out of wack.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The ultimate shit mission by Riot. Feels like shit to complete it, and even if you complete it, it probably feels like shit for the enemy team to lose to.
Pretty confused on how this passed any checks. Like...it is basically asking people to troll, and even if you five stack that has a negative feeling to it.

http://www.lolesports.com/en_US/tickets

So what I can tell is that you can(might?) still be able to get semi final tickets, but apparently the finals tickets favored local fans and well, its hard to actually find info on how to get the world finals tickets. If youre an international fan, rito did say they would hold some tickets for international fans but well, there seems to be little to no info on when those go on sale?

http://www.lolesports.com/en_US/articles/worlds-2017-wuhan-international-tickets

Even looking at this they dont really outline if and when theyre selling the finals finals tickets?

Sell your tickets soon Riot! Visa application itself is like $200!

zkylon

zkylewd
DMSI7vaW0AAEDzA.jpg:large

i like this one

The ultimate shit mission by Riot. Feels like shit to complete it, and even if you complete it, it probably feels like shit for the enemy team to lose to.
yeah i don't get it either

i really dislike these types of missions, it feels like the game's forcing you to play in a way you don't want to play and that these sorts of cheesy strategies are 100x more fun when you just come up with them on your own

but yeah this one in particular is super bad

zkylon

zkylewd
Ni7GV8O.png

i'm probably the only person in the world that's happy when they get icons but that's a cool one and i don't want any skins

zkylon

zkylewd
I hate seeing stuff like this.

Makes me go "THAT woulda been a great design!" cause much of concept art is just hitting extremes ... and some extremes are fucking awesome.

A-B-D-J would be amazing to see in motion.

yeah, i get what you mean, but sometimes these things don't work in motion or from the game's camera angle or are too hard to read or whatever

i do feel eve's design looks a lot flashier than her model lets up, i wish they had push her bayonetta-ness further

Is it me or is match making broken? I'm currently rocking silver 2. I've decided to play normal for fun.

Last 3 games I've been matched with Plat 2, Diamond 1 players. The stomp is real. Even if I do alright in my lane, there aint a thing you can do once a Diamond 2 Vayne player stomps bot lane.

I should probably just git-gud but it's frustrating when you try to pick up a new champ and you get stomped.

Leezard

Is it me or is match making broken? I'm currently rocking silver 2. I've decided to play normal for fun.

Last 3 games I've been matched with Plat 2, Diamond 1 players. The stomp is real. Even if I do alright in my lane, there aint a thing you can do once a Diamond 2 Vayne player stomps bot lane.

I should probably just git-gud but it's frustrating when you try to pick up a new champ and you get stomped.

From what I learned recently normal game matchmaking got a bit more relaxed, then it got a bit more constrained again but still slightly more relaxed than before the first change. This was done to reduce queue times, which I don't think have been an issue in normals.

If you play ranked you should avoid games like that.

Normal and ranked MMR are separate. Higher ranked players who do not play much normal draft/normal blind will not have that MMR will still have like silver-ish MMR for normals. It's shit but sometimes you'll get super unlucky and get matched poorly.

Anne

Put me down as another that really does not like the 5 man premade missions. I get the spirit of them at least. Going into a norm and trying to win with this goofy condition seems fun. Then you go and actually do it against people just trying to play the game and it feels kinda shitty on both sides.

The first go at we ended up against a team that was playing normally and just got no value from anything. Second go at it and a couple lanes shitstomped so it became literal trolling with TPs while I just sat there waiting for it to end.

zkylon

zkylewd
i also feel the whole communication part about premades missions has repeatedly failed as i've more than once gotten randos asking me to change to a melee champion or whatever

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/esports/esports-editorial/league-legends-live?ref=rss

So apparently there's some sort of League concert in China.

I was a bit surprised to see Alan Walker there. Anyone know what he has done in/for League?
idk who alan walker is but league music is really good so hope they stream it somewhere

yea normals matchmaking is very liberal, i tend to try new stuff on flex, which is a little better

i also feel the whole communication part about premades missions has repeatedly failed as i've more than once gotten randos asking me to change to a melee champion or whatever

idk who alan walker is but league music is really good so hope they stream it somewhere

yea normals matchmaking is very liberal, i tend to try new stuff on flex, which is a little better

Flex is a lot better? I routinely get matched against plat players in flex as a S2. It has kind of the same issue. Didn't you yourself post the loading screen from a flex game you were in recently?

zkylon

zkylewd
Flex is a lot better? I routinely get matched against plat players in flex as a S2. It has kind of the same issue. Didn't you yourself post the loading screen from a flex game you were in recently?

i said a little better and the loading screen was meant to show that the enemy team had a dumb comp with like mid alistar and jungle azir and shit lol

i don't complain much about matchmaking anymore since solo q and flex are for the most part acceptable and i take the challenger players i get in normals as a challenge hehe

i said a little better and the loading screen was meant to show that the enemy team had a dumb comp with like mid alistar and jungle azir and shit lol

i don't complain much about matchmaking anymore since solo q and flex are for the most part acceptable and i take the challenger players i get in normals as a challenge hehe

One of the enemies also didn't have a keystone lol

zkylon

zkylewd
apparently next champ is gonna be a "bubbly burst mage" which sounds all kinds of awesome

after that vgu for swain, then vgu for irelia. aatrox will come later when they have a solid direction for him

they had a picture of swain that sort of looked like he had one of those penguin doctors coats which is kind of dope

(edited the aatrox part after reading the article fully)

link to the article: https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2017/10/champion-roadmap-october-2017/

Decided to start playing again. Been only playing mid and holy shit my cs has been turrbl.

yay

apparently next champ is gonna be a "bubbly burst mage" which sounds all kinds of awesome

after that swain, then irelia, then aatrox

they had a picture of swain that sort of looked like he had one of those penguin doctors coats which is kind of dope

yay

WHERES THE PICTURE OF SWAIN

ZKY

I NEED IT

Top Bottom