• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Reivaxe

I would just caution that reddit mains seem to almost always hate any changes to their champion.

Not like this IMO.

Like, when WW was changed I visited his reddit to get ideas on how to play him. It was pretty damn high on excitement. People were building him so many different kinda ways ... some full LS assassin, some full tank, some as a duelist and so on. I could never find a "best in slot" for him. Hell, I said fuck spending the gold on TF and would rush a BoRK every game I played him top vs a duelist.

The only stand out thing for new Eve I have found was .... being a tank buster Assassin. As in, she goes full MPen and kills tanks.
(And speaking of WW I find it strange that he has more Mobility than her ... an assassin)

Eve is fine. Her kit has nothing number buffs can't fix besides the fact that she has no passive until 6 and even then I would never call her bad at the moment.

Give her some early dueling power and a significantly lower CD on ult and she's good to go. Runes rework will actually be a big deal with champions losing access to free MR so they really need to be careful not to overbuff her.
I agree that her current Ult, as it stands in her kit, needs a MUCH lower CD.

Things I think would make her current kit work better ...
Using W gives her Movement Speed. What I thought of with old Eve was Q, Stealth and running around the map like a crazy person with tons of MS. That last parts been taken by Talon now ... he basically runs around doing w/e he wants now and I feel he's damn good for it.
Increase E range. I feel she needs more mobility overall. Gap closer and MS alike.
The choice to stay still or teleport backward with ult.

drawkcaB

A gap closer on a champ that has persistent camouflage is an awful idea.

Just from screwing around with Eve, from a mechanical, or play style standpoint, the only change I'd really like to see is a solid reduction in the CD of her ultimate, even if that meant lowering the damage on it. It doesn't strike me as naturally big time ultimate given all it is a short range AoE nuke with a displacement on it (ok, and invincibility...) - it doesn't feel like something that should have a 140s CD at rank 1.

Jarsonot

maybe her abilities change when she's dreaming? also looks like she got 3 weird ghostly icons seemingly corresponding to the lanes, and 3 butterflies circling her when asleep.

duppolo

ok i broke this game. i start in bronze 1 and that was my level, with 50% win. i play always in ranked and i played in ranked a month with 200 ping for problems in my house. now im bronze 5 with decent connection but i cant win, cause my team is always so bad i cant do no shit. maybe if i was silver or gold i can win, but im a honest bronze 1/silver 5 and this thing will make me toxic

or the most likely thing that happened is that you went straight to ranked when you hit level 30, lost all of your placement games (if I remember correctly) and continued to lose until you ended up at the level you're really at.

duppolo

no i win a lot before and after placement with 50% win loose, then i keep playing when i shouldnt and now im in a mud that is so hard to go off. i lsot more game now then bronze 1. i find it more difficult. so much blind chase, fed, nodef, noisy chat...

JulianImp

Woah, that's one rad Blitz skin! I might end up getting one of them someday, even though I already have its sub-boss, riot and definitely not blitz skins already.

On an unrelated note, is it known which chromas will be available for purchase with IP in the coming sale? I've been eyeing the pool party Lulu and boss Blitz ones lately, but I guess they might not show up due to being pretty recent.

got my second honor capsule and got literally the same thing I got from the last one. A Soraka Champion Shard. hahahahaha!!!

Same here. I got two Garen shards, which was quite a bummer...

Either we get a bubbly girl by CertainlyT or we get Caesar Zeppeli by CertainlyT. Or maybe we get female Caesar.

Either way I'm hyped as fuck for the next champ

Yeah, a JoJo-style bubble champ would be fabulous, regardless of gender. As for a cute girl, I think there'd be quite a bit of design space overlap with Lulu and her bubbly personality. Bubbles being are round and brittle also might clash with an edgy characterization, but I guess it can be done as well.

no i win a lot before and after placement with 50% win loose, then i keep playing when i shouldnt and now im in a mud that is so hard to go off. i lsot more game now then bronze 1. i find it more difficult. so much blind chase, fed, nodef, noisy chat...

How are you struggling in Bronze V if you were Plat during season 5?

Talents

Banned
ok i broke this game. i start in bronze 1 and that was my level, with 50% win. i play always in ranked and i played in ranked a month with 200 ping for problems in my house. now im bronze 5 with decent connection but i cant win, cause my team is always so bad i cant do no shit. maybe if i was silver or gold i can win, but im a honest bronze 1/silver 5 and this thing will make me toxic
jake-gyllenhaal-no.gif

Spoiler alert

it's cause you're a bronze level player, don't buy accounts next time

If these are your KDAs, it's not your team holding you back, it's you.
409b06598603e821bcf83af93b3b9e7c.png

duppolo

i dont have bought account. i play a little many years ago, then star playing this year aftwer i payed dota. compare that with their scores. also im trying to learn sydra and cassiopea who i dont know how to play and with them im more bad

Talents

Banned
i dont have bought account. i play a little many years ago, then star playing this year aftwer i payed dota. compare that with their scores. also im trying to learn sydra and cassiopea who i dont know how to play and with them im more bad

So why are you playing champs you're bad at in ranked. Of course you're going to lose.

1.) I don't believe that a person who took a 2 season hiatus from League at a Plat elo drops in skill all the way to Bronze V and can't climb out.

2.) If you want to learn how to play a champion, don't spam them in ranked and lose a ton. Wouldn't you be angry if your teammates in ranked were playing champions they don't know how to play and feeding on them?

i play only in ranked

Then you shouldn't blame your teammates since you're part of the problem by playing champions you know you're not good on. Saying that you could win if you were in Gold doesn't make any sense. If you can't win games in Bronze V with champions you don't know how to play, what makes you think you can do that in Gold?

Played a ton of games last night with a buddy since it's been ages. Overall, had a great time. Nice to see some things never change though---had a Yasuo disconnect on us in a game, and when he came back I said "Welcome back!" He then told me to go fuck myself, and spent the rest of the game intentionally feeding. Sold all his shit, bought nothing but tears. Walked into lane and stood there, fed in the enemy jungle, etc. We reported after the game, and before our next game even started we got a message back from the automated reporting system that said he'd taken a hit from our reports. Not sure what it does exactly, but happy either way.

Then the rest of the night I played Teemo a bunch and made my buddy hate me.

duppolo

Then you shouldn't blame your teammates since you're part of the problem by playing champions you know you're not good on. Saying that you could win if you were in Gold doesn't make any sense. If you can't win games in Bronze V with champions you don't know how to play, what makes you think you can do that in Gold?

you dont understad. i mean in bronze 1 i can win, in bronze 5 i should be high silver or gold to carry some of my teammates. btw before i usually take b+ to s, now i never take an s because i follow to try help chasing suicider and die and shit like that

Hey Tyler I'm trying to learn Riki and I have a question about skill orders. Do I max Backstab like how you tried to backstab your friend in that hotel bathroom, Smoke Screen like how you tried to smoke screen the incident by deleting all threads about it, or Blink Strike like how you blinked away from the issue after it all came to light?

Calvero

Banned
Hey Tyler I'm trying to learn Riki and I have a question about skill orders. Do I max Backstab like how you tried to backstab your friend in that hotel bathroom, Smoke Screen like how you tried to smoke screen the incident by deleting all threads about it, or Blink Strike like how you blinked away from the issue after it all came to light?
Make this a thread tbh

Bacon

goddamn

Welp, think it is time to take a GAF break. These GAF heroes account suiciding are boring the shit out of me and crowding up the thread. Hopefully it has died down by next week so we can discuss SKT1's demise.

Reivaxe

A gap closer on a champ that has persistent camouflage is an awful idea.

Just from screwing around with Eve, from a mechanical, or play style standpoint, the only change I'd really like to see is a solid reduction in the CD of her ultimate, even if that meant lowering the damage on it. It doesn't strike me as naturally big time ultimate given all it is a short range AoE nuke with a displacement on it (ok, and invincibility...) - it doesn't feel like something that should have a 140s CD at rank 1.

Meddler on why no mobility ...
"We think she's closer to an assassin than any other subclass, agree she's got some skirmisher aspects though certainly. We're cautious about giving her too much target access given her permanent camo post 6 and access to hard CC on a basic spell, both of which are not strengths other assassins (who do tend to have significantly better gap closing) have."

My question is ... why though?
Why not make her stealth more interesting than "welp, at level 6 (cause balanced counter play! Can't let her be too strong early..) she can now passively not be seen in most cases ... but for even more counter play lets makes the range where that stealth breaks like as wide as a lane"?
There was that fake leak that had a cool idea (make her only stealth near walls. Have the range where she can be in stealth away from the wall grow with levels iirc). My personal idea was to make it a skill and connect her mobility to it. As in, unstealthed she would only have 3 dmg skills and in stealth she would have mobility skills that didn't do DMG. Leaving stealth by recasting the stealth skill would do some kinda AOE dmg but would put her non-stealth form skills on CD for like 1.5secs or something so that she couldn't just pop out and blow her kit on you without counter play time.

Why does Eve need a point n click HARD CC that's unavoidable if she hits you with anything? This seems like a bad thing to me ... no other Assassin has unavoidable hard CC for a reason. There are some with Hard CC but they're locked behind being Skillshots. Many of them have slows and some have Zero CC ... but here's Eve, having her kit built around this Hard CC skill.

It's strange to me ... like having an ADC with a skill that allows them to tank dmg and then building a whole kit around it.

I'm legit confused on why they did this. And it's sad cause without a big kit change I don't think I'll ever change my mind on how bad I think this is as a concept. :/

Reivaxe

Hmmm ...
So I find out that gaf isn't popping up on my phone at work. Go out all night and don't get back to my comp til last night.

It's finally back up and now I'm getting up to date on things.

Is this how my favorite site dies? Is there a mass migration or what? And to where?

There is a mass migration in progress. Don't know if LoL community has any hub to initiate the migration, but many other gaf communities are shifting to discord to congregate out of gaf before the new site goes up.

HowZatOZ

Banned
There is a mass migration in progress. Don't know if LoL community has any hub to initiate the migration, but many other gaf communities are shifting to discord to congregate out of gaf before the new site goes up.

I wouldn't really expect ResetEra to be better. It will be more locked down, more moderated and still have those moderating it who were complicit in what brought GAF down.

Reivaxe

The year I get my account approved, the site goes up in flames. WTF!

It's better that way ... this place has been my GO TO joint for everything happening around every topic. From politics to world news to anime to learning about things I never thought about otherwise.

Been that way for years now ... I have people and personals here memorized. And now I gotta find a new place.
:(

zkylon

zkylewd
fPLJART.png

since this place seems to be going under, i backed up all the OTs here: https://imgur.com/a/SbfAL

i'm really proud of the community we built and of all these OTs so really want to preserve this

i couldn't find ot1 tho, if anyone has a link that'd be great

big thanks to everyone for all this time, specially to the original members that show up every now and then like scy or costy or dobe, really enjoyed this adventure with y'all

i'm not really gonna hang out much on the discord, since that's not really my style, so wish you all the best, hope to see you all soon!

Top Bottom