• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your skills are inferior.

5IGrM.jpg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Man that Zilean was styling all over you guys. Made me want to play him.

Q8D3vil

Why does nobody play jarvan jungle/top anymore ?
i know some other characters scale better like irelia and jax but he is pretty beast when it come to ganks (movement speed 392 with ms quint).
i agree that his ultimate need to be fixed :/

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Played a couple games with Shadow and Panda and I swear I just lost a couple years of my life. You would not believe these games.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
what the hell was warwick doing the whole game

he afked for about 20 minutes. not sure what he did after that. died only once after he returned but never got any assists.... i heard him howl a few times but never saw him.

in the replay; he spent the last 15 minutes of the game wandering around their base. not afk; just walking around.

Ken

LeBlanc's still shit. Lux support buying Mejai's didn't help either :p

I remember playing against a Soraka who built Mejai's and got stacks through ult/assists. Healed for like a billion health.

he afked for about 20 minutes. not sure what he did after that. died only once after he returned but never got any assists.... i heard him howl a few times but never saw him.

in the replay; he spent the last 15 minutes of the game wandering around their base. not afk; just walking around.

maybe he got lost

zkylon

zkylewd
I remember playing against a Soraka who built Mejai's and got stacks through ult/assists. Healed for like a billion health.
Maybe she could hook up with my Lux and actually teach her not to feed.

Been a day of trying PBE, but honestly, it's terrible. At one point I considering doing only PBE so I could have all the skins and champions I wanted for free, but people in PBE are ranked idiotic. First match we get a Katarina-Akali duo on bot which could've been fun at least, if Kat and the Morg playing mid didn't leave after 10 minutes. Now on my last match our Mundo felt like Zed (lol) wasn't doing things the way he wanted to or whatever so he left, too.

I can't wait until we can get the darned new items because I dread the thought of going through this nightmare of a playerbase again.

Basically the case of the old Penny Arcade thing but it's just LoL Player + Disposable Account + Victims... or something like that

215499488_8pSZr-L-2.jpg

----

I did have fun on the Akali-Katarina lane though. As a Leona, I was pretty overwhelmed with jumps, blinks, marks, ults, bursts, invisibility, cooldowns and whatnot.

i know some other characters scale better like irelia and jax but he is pretty beast when it come to ganks (movement speed 392 with ms quint).

I jungle with him but there are better junglers.

Astro Nautilus walking around with Boots of Mobility is a funny sight to see. He just glides over long distances each hop he takes. The smile I get each time I buy the boots made the skin purchase worth it

garath

Man, I watched Voyboy play a ton of AP Rengar top yesterday. I know he's just stupid good at the game but he really made AP Rengar seem totally viable. He owned the lane then split push like a crazy man.

IsayFever

Passive laning Caitlyn:

Run 21 offense, 9 utility for the mana regen

1. Get traps at level 1
2. Push the first three wave with auto attacks when your support is done warding river so that the wave reaches tower
3. Let the lane push back to the middle of the lane while setting up these traps:
Zvc0a.png

Make sure the enemy cant run through these traps without getting caught
If done right, the enemy can only run through the top side.
4. Now comes the fun bit. Whenever they step on a trap, Q them and auto attack them to death.

Whenever they try to enter the lane through the top left side, Q the entrance and poke them down again. The Q width is large enough to hit them 100% if you spaced out the traps well

This will deny them all the farm if they don't use skills.
All you have to do is last hit and freeze the lane in the middle of the lane. If you screw up and push it accidently, just push 2 more waves with auto attacks so it comes back to the middle of the wave.

I can't imagine a low elo player being able to farm at all if you play this right

Why are we always playing so hyper aggressive when we could just farm while I watch tv :(

Boken

Banned
Fun fact: Cait's trap is classified as an immobilize/entangle which means the victim cannot attack back in addition to move. In contrast, root/snare simply means they cant move.

Blizzard

Banned
Fun fact: Cait's trap is classified as an immobilize/entangle which means the victim cannot attack back in addition to move. In contrast, root/snare simply means they cant move.
Thanks. I think I used to play mostly Caitlyn, and I even have a skin, and yet I apparently never realized that. I mean I guess it's only a .5 second autoattack disable, about half the time it would take someone to autoattack, but once they get up towards 8-10 autoattacks per second in late game, losing that trap time could be vital. It sounds like it might also let you get off an autoattack and retreat in bot lane assuming no one is ganking through your tribush and you have movespeed quints and shoes.

What's the best item order for Caitlyn? I like infinity edges but moving fast is nice too, and Caitlyn is so slow. :(

I go Zerk->Dorans->BT->PD->IE->GA/LW on her.

I go Zerk->Dorans->BT->Hurricane->BT->BT/Furor/LW/GA on PBE though.

In general you should get LW or GA before getting IE. Having too much attack damage without having the armor pen is kind of a waste. I typically go something like

Boots + 3 Pots --> Two Dorans + Zerkers --> Lifesteal Scepter + BF Sword --> BT --> PD --> LW/GA depending on team comp --> LW/GA --> Situational (IE normally). Start getting agility elixers after getting PD.

Sielys

Jarvan is a fantastic jungler in the PBE right now. He has one of the best clear times, good ganks, etc.

Every game should come with Xin Zhao and Garen free. Both so easy to use, intuitive and versatile... I think they should be every newcomer's 2 mandatory champs.

Edit: or rather, every player should get 5 free champs when they hit level 3 or 4, just to get them started. And Xin Zhao should be 450ip.

Inskipp

This is false, Caitlyn's trap are classified as root/snare. Enemies can still attack/cast spells towards you even under the influence of Caitlyn's trap.

E: League- wiki quote: "When an enemy champion walks over it, they take magic damage and are snared for 1.5 seconds, and are revealed for 9 seconds."

Blizzard

Banned
This is false, Caitlyn's trap are classified as root/snare. Enemies can still attack/cast spells towards you even under the influence of Caitlyn's trap.

E: League- wiki quote: "When an enemy champion walks over it, they take magic damage and are snared for 1.5 seconds, and are revealed for 9 seconds."
This is what I'd always thought, but I don't want to argue with Boken lest he yell at me. :(

Someone test it quick, the wiki could be wrong!

Inskipp

This is what I'd always thought, but I don't want to argue with Boken lest he yell at me. :(

Someone test it quick, the wiki could be wrong!
I already tested it with a friend just in case. He was able to both attack me and cast spells towards me when he stepped in the trap.

E: Oh, and I've played Caitlyn for almost a full year now (second most played in both S1 & S2 ranked), so you'd think that I'd notice if they suddenly changed it to a full-fledged stun.

E2: Shit, I just realized that it's been almost two years. I started playing her since release, which was January 2011

Blizzard

Banned
I already tested it with a friend just in case. He was able to both attack me and cast spells towards me when he stepped in the trap.

E: Oh, and I've played Caitlyn for almost a full year now (second most played in both S1 & S2 ranked), so you'd think that I'd notice if they suddenly changed it to a full-fledged stun.
Oh snap. Professor Boken, I hope you have tenure, or we're going to downgrade your salary.

Boken

Banned
The tooltip lied to me I swear

It looked at me with its sexy eyes

how about I tell you guys that Amumu's ult is not a stun (this ones an immobilize for sure!) and neither it nor Nautilus passive interrupt Kat ult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom