• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championship 2017 |SEP 23-NOV 4|

zkylon

zkylewd
PkBKBff.png

95it0lv.png

psGPbrK.png

4S7sn5Y.png

RZtQHuC.png

HETj1oi.png

clZx3Ku.png

Newt

[Extra Goodies Section]

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
FAQ:

When's Worlds?
- Play-In Stage W1: September 23-26 at 1:00 PM China Standard Time (CST)
- Play-In Stage W2: September 28-29 at 11:00 AM CST
- Group stage W1: October 5-8 at 3:00 PM CST
- Group stage W2: October 12-15 at 12:00 PM CST
- Quarterfinals: October 19-20 at 4:00 PM CST and October 21 at 11:00 AM CST
- Semifinals: October 28-29 at 4:00 PM CST
- Finals: November 4 at 3:30 PM CST

Where do I buy tickets?
- https://en.damai.cn/event/tickets_130170/

Which stream should I watch?
- You should MOST DEFINITELY not use Riot's terrible esports site that barely works and half the times forget you were in spoilerfree mode. Use twitch or youtube

These games are all at like 4 in the morning, wtf should I do?
- Again, don't use Riot's sucky site, go to the lolevent vods subreddit, they organize everything very neatly, keep shit 100% spoilerfree and upload vods super quick

I hear we now doto??
- 25% of the sales of Championship Ashe and the Championship ward will go toward raising the prizepool. Also something about icons, I think you can give tsm your money that way idk...

Base prizepool is $2.25 million, after that money is split like so:
  • World Champion: 37.5% of prize pool
  • 2nd place: 13.5%
  • 3rd/4th place: 7%
  • 5th-8th place: 4%
  • 9th-12th place: 2.25%
  • 13th-16th place: 1.25%
  • 17th-20th place: 0.75%
  • 21st-24th place: 0.50%

I hear we now overwatch??
- There's might be an event where you can unlock loot chests so you can finally acquire your third copy of Vandal Brand but nothing confirmed yet

The teams at worlds:

I want to buy worlds merch, where can I do that?
- SHUT UP AND GO BUY AN ANIME T-SHIRT

WAAHH WAHH I really want to complain that SKT always wins!!
- GTFO MY THREAD

Need more info written by someone not shit at writing like me?
- Check out the worlds official about page. This is a cool Rito video about how everything works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1ryBmeqLIQ

Links:
- Schedule
- Official Rito VODs not even gonna link to this shit, use loleventvods god damn it
- Official League OT Discord
- League OT

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
HYPE STUFF:

[NEW SONG] Legends Never Die (where's the video tho Rito pls)

Ignite
Worlds Collide
Warriors
That awesome 2013 anime video

in case anyone asks, worlds collide > ignite > legends never die >>>>>>> warriors is the one true order

Riot's been doing a really good series called Chase Your Legend:
Ep 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV1G5NqEzB8
Ep 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0MD6uW8mP4&feature=youtu.be

never gets old for me
6swePVs.gif

ETC:

thanks to noot i guess for reminding me someone has to do this thing every year

pls watch worlds everybody, it's really good!

bluexy

Watching VODS just isn't the same as watching live, but I'm hype nonetheless. Excited for some spoilers in the play-in phase. :D Thanks for the great threat zkylon.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
at least put a list of the teams

also

get used to me spamming this

a lot

Doublelift isn't so great? Are you kidding me? When was the last time you saw a player with such an ability and movement with Vayne? Doublelift puts the game on another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a player with his skill and passion for the game again. Faker breaks records. Sneaky breaks records. Doublelift breaks the rules. You can keep your statistics. I prefer the magic. And his haircut.

Ever

Banned
6 days until play-ins, should be fun.

Any predictions for which #1 seed is going to bust out of play-ins?

Team WE, Fnatic, C9, and HKA are the main choices.

zkylon

zkylewd
Dear lord pls eliminate SKT in groups

pls read the FAQ

6 days until play-ins, should be fun.

Any predictions for which #1 seed is going to bust out of play-ins?

Team WE, Fnatic, C9, and HKA are the main choices.
i feel like first seed is less interesting than seeing which 4 teams are gonna get out

cos team WE look like the best team in the play-ins but who knows, maybe gambit or the brazil team are better than washed up C9 or fnatic (probably not, but it's hard to measure those teams)

Syf

Banned
Hell yeah, don't even play LoL anymore but always hyped for the biggest show in esports. Final at the olympic stadium will be incredible.

can't wait for the games to start. i don't have time to play anymore but I still put the pro leagues on, on a fairly regular basis.

Rooting for C9, TSM, any other non-korean team in that order.

Leezard

how will na do this year?

They have the best opportunities they have had in a while this year. TSM got the lucky draw like some EU team got last year, so they should be able to get out of groups and probably into semis if they actually perform and get 1st in their group.

C9 are probably screwed, but IMT might be able to do something in their group.

Quonny

Can't wait for group stages. Always my favorite stage at any esport. Will the international teams shake up the groups? Which region will show up and which won't?

Group stage h y p e.

zkylon

zkylewd

i swear riot hired nicolas winding refn to direct these chase your legends episodes

i love crown, i'm rooting for longzhu and samsung over skt this year because players like pray or ambition really deserve the big win after all these years

and obv i'm still rooting for skt over everywhere else

how will na do this year?

Last two years they went 6-3 first week and bombed the second week. I've never been a fan of TSM's international play, as they just go standard typically and try to win late game. I don't think that is as effective against better teams internationally. Immortals lost to TSM pretty convincingly. C9 just squeaked by to get in.

We will see, but best case I think one.... probably TSM makes it out of groups. I don't know if C9 even gets out of the play-in.

zkylon

zkylewd
immortals could also grab a second place in their group

NA chances are better than most years i feel

you know, of making it out of groups lol

immortals could also grab a second place in their group

NA chances are better than most years i feel

you know, of making it out of groups lol

I'm just not super optimistic. I haven't been impressed by the level of play this past split in NA. TSM did have a very favorable group draw though. So a #1 spot is possible for them.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm just not super optimistic. I haven't been impressed by the level of play this past split in NA.
I don't really feel the same way. I feel like there's been steady improvement for the region. We are long past the days of sending players who are hopelessly outskilled to global events. Competitively the mid/lower level teams in NA seem stronger than ever for the most part, and I think there are a number of really strong players in certain positions. Maybe things will go horribly wrong, but I think NA should surprise people.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
actually last year i felt like the hype really did get out of hand for NA (TSM: lul we'll get top 4) but it feels a bit more subdued and realistic this year, every region has been a bit shakier this season

zkylon

zkylewd
didn't realize neogaf didn't properly scale picture threads like this on mobile, that sucks but it's much quicker for me to do shit on photoshop than try to battle bbcode -___-

whelp

ShdwDrake

Banned
Gambit, TeamOne, and Fenerbahce gonna make waves in play in. I wouldn't be surprised if any of these teams got out over C9, FNC, or HKA.

Moonlight

Banned
I thought this year I'd be cheering against SKT, but my dude Huni is there and deserves to win Worlds more than basically anyone imo.

Also hoping IMT makes it far.

I'll be rooting for SKT like I always have, even on their worst season.

I will laugh so hard if TSM does not make it out of groups.

Top Bottom