• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championship 2017 |SEP 23-NOV 4|

Sol Mori

FW look terrible.

Yeah, too bad FW is the non NA team I root for. 8*(

EU has to go against three 2-0 teams today (TSM, LZ, & RNG) and G2 and MSF have victories against teams that have yet to win either (FB/FW) and FNC still has no victories and is against LZ.

If the favorites win in every match it looks like all 4 groups will have the same standings (3-0, 2-1, 1-2, & 3-0). Though for GAM vs IMT I don't favor IMT that much if they falter at all in the early game.

Leezard

A wild Nami appeared! She's not super good at applying Ardent censer but TSM gets a lot of cc and lane pressure thanks to her.

killatopak

Gold Member
Cull doesn't help, but liftlift was being super greedy with letting himself get way too low and not having proper vision in case Maxlore shows up.

I think it was also because of the early 1v2 where his health got low and had to to use pot against a dorans adc.

Am I having Deja Vu or didn't something like Leblanc clone killing the blue without transferring the buff happen before on a competitive game?

Edit: Whelp. GG

Edit:
sopranos.png

cHinzo

Damn, Misfits is a scary team for the favorites in group D. Can randomly take some games from the big teams.

Sol Mori

Damn, Misfits is a scary team for the favorites in group D. Can randomly take some games from the big teams.

eh, I wouldn't say randomly take games. They may have rolled over and died vs WE, but that just played better than FW or TSM. Doublelift with a super greedy start, Sven still getting caught out. On top of that they let MSF get the best remaining support and instead ban Varus.

I am super ready for the memes if TSM fails to get out of this group. Take away Gragas and Trist from TSM and I see a good chance of TSM just losing, so TSM better have something for week 2.

Also NA on Kog'maw has been bad so far. Both Cody Sun and Doublelift not playing with any semblance safety and getting destroyed when the enemy jungler shows up.

Sol Mori

Let's go GAM, bring out the crazy.
Lol, Sion banned.

Olleh shows you what crazy is, a level 1 initiation into the full GAM squad and causing IMT to lose a bunch of flashes. /ff @ 15 so we can move on to FNC vs LZ.

While RNG did beat SSG, I'm still not ready to bet against Korea in a Bo5. It isn't like Korea has been unbeatable in Bo1s anyways. Though it would be nice to see a region that isn't Korea actually win. Hell, going back to worlds 2016 ROX had to play a tie breaker vs ANX for first place in group A. Also looking back at last year every NA team ended up 3-3 in groups going 2-1 (first week) 1-2 (second week), so clearly this means C9 and IMT to win and for MSF to upset TSM.

TSM Jatt is leaking the script again. Yesterday he said NA would go 3-0 and prior to the RNG vs SSG game he tweeted https://twitter.com/RiotJatt/status/916550964437331968

Self quote, but Riot is getting lazy with the script since MSF did upset TSM and unless IMT throw it looks like they're on track to beat GAM.

TSM messed up their bot lane due to greedy trading but Sven dying after randomly forcing a play on Maxlore when at an ult disadvantage (due to not being 6) and when Misfits had Shen ult ready is what really cost them control of the early game. Once Sven was off the map there was nothing stopping PoE/Maxlore pulling off an easy double kill dive. Misfits lost their advantage later when they tried to gank a flashless Bjergsen ahead of the second Infernal and he stayed calm, waited till the last second to heal and bait a 2-0 turnaround and more or less completely level the game. If Misfits executed correctly the game may well have been a snowball, but TSM were back in it.

Later the game turned into a macro war which was overwhelmingly won by Misfits. TSM pulled off a cute rushed baron when Misfits got their second Infernal but they tried it again only to give up an inhib and lost side lane control for the rest of the game to Shen/LB. Misfits were able to bait out Haunzter's TP with Bjergsen clearing top and then abuse the splitpush advantage to force TSM into committing to baron. Even after the failed base push they retained vision control of the baron area.

This game also showed the weakness of immobile backliners Kog and Syndra against champions like LB with high mobility when you don't have total vision control - too many angles to safely walk forward and the threat of Shen backup means even with a support near a carry there's kill threat.

Sol Mori

Optimus needs to submit a bug report; his KDA shows 2/1/0 but it was clearly 2/1/2 with the assists on Nevan and Noway with the Ryze ults.

If Crash's ult hit Ruler he would've been stunned as Frozen jumped in and he wouldn't have got off the crit autos that killed him during the polymorph/Lulu ult knockup. Syndra ult was already down so Crown couldn't do it alone. Almost certain that FB would've won the fight with Ruler bursted out during the stun. It was one frame off.

They tend to have the title scrolling on the bottom, so you can always watch a VoD if you want to see which one it is. Though if it has vocals it is either a worlds theme song or a pentakill song.

There is also a LoL soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/leagueoflegends

Sorry I should have been more clear, I googled the names that scroll through but get no results at all :/

For example one song was called "Just Play" by Klas Wahl and it's impossible to find any of them. I guess they are privately used for the Worlds or am I just dumb? I heard so many great songs already I would buy ASAP on iTunes and it seems Soundcloud don't have them either :(

You only need Silver Scrapes anyway.

Now I'm curious.

Sol Mori

Sorry I should have been more clear, I googled the names that scroll through but get no results at all :/

For example one song was called "Just Play" by Klas Wahl and it's impossible to find any of them. I guess they are privately used for the Worlds or am I just dumb? I heard so many great songs already I would buy ASAP on iTunes and it seems Soundcloud don't have them either :(

Now I'm curious.

I think a lot of the tracks are like movie trailer music tracks, in that they're just done on contract and often not publicly released.

Sol Mori

With the first week of group stage done three of the four groups have a team @ 3-0, 2-1, 1-2, & 0-3. With Group D being the only group with three 2-1s and FWs.

EDG, FNC, FB, & FW all starting 0-3 and requiring miracles to make it out of groups. SKT & C9, LZ & IMT, RNG & SSG looking to make it out with MSF, WE, and TSM in a three way tie trying to get the top seed.

NSESN

My ranking from what I have seen this week

Tier 1- LZ and SKT
Tier 2- RNG, WE and TSM
Tier 3- SSG, C9, G2, IMT and MSF
Tier 4- AHQ, EDG and FW
Tier 5- FNC, GAM and FB

faridmon

Tier 1- LZ and SKT
Tier 2- RNG, WE and TSM
Tier 4- AHQ, EDG and FW
Tier 5- FNC, GAM and FB

eh, I wouldn't put SKT above RNG considering what I have watch from them so far in Week 1

Tier 1- LZ and SKT
Tier 2- RNG, WE and TSM
Tier 4- AHQ, EDG and FW
Tier 5- FNC, GAM and FB

Tier 1- LZ, SKT, RNG
Tier 2- WE, TSM, IMT, C9, SSG, MSF
Tier 3- G2, AHQ
Tier 4- GAM, EDG, FB, FW
Tier 5- FNC

Fnatic look the worst.

Handel

I agree with this list when looking at week 1. I'm expecting SSG will get better in a Bo5 setting.

EDG is such a disappointment.
They are, yet it's not as if they haven't been competitive in their matches. Finishing out the games is the issue. They got a 10k gold lead on SKT which is highly impressive even if they ultimately choked it away. Of any of the 0-3 teams, they have the best chance to turn things around and make it to the QFs.

Top Bottom