• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championship 2017 |SEP 23-NOV 4|

In the previous 2v2 when Jarvan ganked Stejos Diamond went in to back him up and he bailed on him. I think they could have have got Camille and went 1-2 at worst, perhaps 1-1. Instead free two kills for Lyon. Then he forgot what Camille's ult does... sad way to go out.

Leezard

It seems like a very good idea to have these play-in groups instead of auto-qualification for some wildcard teams if they are good enough in their own region.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Prize pool seems a bit low for being such a popular game but it's something I guess.

Minor regions tend to have huge issues when it comes to macro, so unless they can get a huge lead during laning phase and brute force their way through they tend to fall flat.

Like the fist Lyon vs WE game where Lyon had more kills but was never ahead in gold due to being behind in objectives.

In this DW vs C9 game, yes DW punish C9 in laning phase, but C9 never really falls more than a few thousand gold behind and a lot of kills went to the support. Then it moves into DW making mistakes in macro and getting punished for it.

You need good competition in order to make yourself better and the minor regions just don't have the depth of talent that major regions do. If NA was TSM + TL (x9) or EU was G2 + MM (x9) their macro ability would also drop because no one would be punishing their mistakes.

I feel like part of it is also just the regions being in their infancy. Brazil, for example, is growing pretty fast, but it doesn't have the experience or infrastructure of a region like NA. Wildcard regions are still relatively weak, but it's still a pretty significant difference from 3-4 years ago where they were literal joke punchlines. Now teams like Gigabyte Marines are an actual threat. I think as the regions continue to develop and more money goes into them, they'll start being more relevant on the international stage.

Sol Mori

While it is play-ins, so all teams are going to have issues, but damn was KLG kinda slow to react on a couple roams that were in vision.

Also Cho'gath running down a Renekton is pretty funny.

Leezard

Really sloppy game from Fnatic so far.

edit: These server/network issues are terrible too. I can't remember the last time we had this many issues in a League tournament. It's not a lot, but even realtively small issues like this is bad.

Leezard

Fnatic looks super shaky in the early game. They're giving up way too much and are completely reliant on the enemy team making macro mistakes mid game.

Leezard

TSM might just luck out even more and avoid WE now that FB is 1st seed in their group. HKA needs to get out of the play-in tournament for WE to be guaranteed group D.

edit: It might not even be possible to guarantee WE in group D now, right? Am I right in assuming we can't have WE/C9/FNC and HKA all out of groups now? Are the final matches simply BO5 between 1st and 2nd seeds?

Highly suspect the amount of infernals in the play-ins. When before all this there were very few of them and mountain drakes

Really sloppy game from Fnatic so far.

edit: These server/network issues are terrible too. I can't remember the last time we had this many issues in a League tournament. It's not a lot, but even realtively small issues like this is bad.
The year Samsung cheated maybe

Hope One beats FB. They aren't good, but with so much people overhyping FB and GMB I just want both to lose.

What?

the screen look heard around the world

but that year is the one where they had no power for awhile and riot bought the people there pizza if i'm not mistaken

It was Azubu Frost in 2012 (Woong in particular). I think one day before the famous CLG/WE match with the delays, multiple cancelled games (one after 50 minutes), no boots Janna at 40 mins, and a ward genocide.

#GoLyon

DbWrXma.jpg

Not mine, still gold

From the future: (I wish)

Sol Mori

2 things ruining things
Ardent and Cho ability to delay the dam game because he walks in and secure things

eh, while Cho'gath is certainly still overpowered, Lyon could have ended that game if they were a bit more aggressive. They did not play out the Baron dances too well. Lyon's movement was better, but they had tiny mistakes that let C9 stay in and ultimately win the game.

It is unfortunate of Lyon to have been in WE's group and then end up facing C9 in the Bo5. I honestly think they might be the 3rd best team in the play-ins.

eh, while Cho'gath is certainly still overpowered, Lyon could have ended that game if they were a bit more aggressive. They did not play out the Baron dances too well. Lyon's movement was better, but they had tiny mistakes that let C9 stay in and ultimately win the game.

It is unfortunate of Lyon to have been in WE's group and then end up facing C9 in the Bo5. I honestly think they might be the 3rd best team in the play-ins.

the Cho stalled the game for so long, if not for the chomp secure that game would have ended 25 minutes earlier

At least we know Seiya and Whitelotus are staying. Jirall (top) or Oddie (jungle) may leave. LYN Revolta. That would be interesting.

faridmon

It bloody look like an easy 3-0 series to Fnatic, I can't believe how they are made to look like a clean team.

What the fuck Hong Kong Attitude, get yourself together. i expected a lot from you.

EDIT: Man, as much as I wanted Fnatic to win, this was a pathetic display from HKA

cHinzo

Clean win from Fnatic. Glad they made it. C9 also had a pretty smooth play-in, excent for that game 2 this series lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
that lyon vs c9 game 2 was pretty intense, would've been nice if lyon could've at least taken that game, it never quite felt like it was fully in their control but statistically it's really rare to lose games you've taken all three inhibs down. they gave c9 a run for their money on that game but kind of a bummer they sort of rolled over on game 3, even tho it's understandable given how much of a heartbreaker game 2 was

c9 continues to look pretty strong and i feel has a good shot of getting out of groups if they get in the skt group and edg chokes like usual. if they're on the ssg/g2/rng group tho, idk, i probably don't think they're better than any of those teams

fnatic looked kind of dumb in game 1 but they turned that around pretty quick and also finished their series looking strong. groups fnatic can go to also look like groups they could get out of, edg is same as c9 and immortals could go either way

group stages is gonna be good

also who in their right mind would think it was a good idea to play these really important games in the middle of the week....

faridmon

Why didn't lee kick Ez out of Baron area not into Baron?

Also, I am still not convinced about Ez Jungle. Chinese teams will struggle if they go for him in the Jungle.

cHinzo

mgPEV4P.jpg

C9 looks pretty rip. Fnatic got a doable group, but I would still rank LZ and Immortals above em. C was rip anyways and TSM got WE in their groups, but it's still the easiest one.

Top Bottom