• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championship 2017 |SEP 23-NOV 4|

Stiler

They got outdrafted and found themselves picking an out of meta top laner that the enemy has not practiced against at all because it is considered a joke. It's not an issue of luck....
Game was actually not some kind of a crazy stomp but the Rek'sai played really poorly so what can you do?

That mis-gank against Faker mid really really hurt them, don't think he was expecting Faker to flash dodge the dmg, probably shoulda just backed off though.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
how many times are TSM fans going to fall for the "we're tired of being a meme so we've been training hard and we're a better team than we used to be" shtick before they catch on?

Leezard

Really nice game. IMT stalled out well and got ahead with the Baron play, but Fnatic just did the Ryze Baron play to get back.

edit: Rekkles got killed in the end, that's the game.

cHinzo

I feel bad for Rekkles, he played really well that game. Soaz is such a bum. >_> Hoping for C9 to beat AHQ.

Sol Mori

WTF REKKLES HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND

He just thought he could instagib Pobelter, but when that failed he was too far away from the rest of FNC and died.

Honestly neither team played all that well, and with how unpredictable GAM is I can easily see this group being LZ #1 and GAM #2 with IMT #3 and FNC #4.

For C9 vs AHQ win or lose just don't take 50 minutes to do it.

Moonlight

Banned
I'm a little worried for IMT after that. Especially considering they were expected to smash FNC.

Hopefully this was just nerves and their next games look cleaner.

Leezard

Sven still as bad as ever

I wouldn't say that yet.

Rekkles played all right, it was just one mistake at the end. Going 0-2 early is not good but of course they still have a small chance of getting out of groups. Gonna be really hard though.

Sol Mori

GAM's weird strategies will only work on weaker teams.

This is pretty much one of the issues with trying to "cheese" a match. If it fails and you're using a non standard comp things don't go well.

LZ is way too good of a team to not have an idea of how to handle unexpected things.

Sol Mori

He just thought he could instagib Pobelter, but when that failed he was too far away from the rest of FNC and died.

Honestly neither team played all that well, and with how unpredictable GAM is I can easily see this group being LZ #1 and GAM #2 with IMT #3 and FNC #4.

For C9 vs AHQ win or lose just don't take 50 minutes to do it.

Thanks snacky and co. for not making this a 50 min game.

Leezard

SKT gets dominated, are 10k gold down, and yet they manage to claw themselves back into the game. It's kinda ridiculous what they can achieve from a single mistake.

Sol Mori

SKT gets so dominated, are 10k gold down, and yet they manage to claw themselves back into the game. It's kinda ridiculous what they can achieve.

This is what happens when you make a single mistake, granted a very big mistake, and a Korean team will destroy you.

EDG trying to match RNG's throw vs CLG in 2016 MSI with this throw here.

Edit: One on hand I wanted EDG to win, but on the other I wanted them to lose because it helps C9.

SKT got that kill while Baron & Elder was up. What a huge play though. I was having a conversation with a coworker while that was on my second screen and I just stopped talking to him and said 'holy shit'.

Top Bottom