• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Leak? Fake?] Ryse, Red Dead Redemption and Lichdom Battlemage on GWG next month

Ludens

Banned
games-with-gold_notizia-3-2.jpg

If true it seems Microsoft will kill Plus offer again this month (even if Sony gave Red Dead back in days to be honest).

Source:
http://thisgengaming.com/2016/05/21/games-with-gold-june-2016-lineup-leaked/

Chris1

Fake, it's like they didn't even try to make it look realistic, probably the worst fake yet
Your saying that because of Bioshock right?.....but wasnt one of the Gears games released twice on GWG??

And the ratings like ESRB, which isn't the JP ratings.

And the Ryse box art is literally the actual box (see green at bottom), not just the cover art.

No game has ever been repeated on GWG except in places where they are replaced like Japan. The XB1 used to have games be free for longer than a month (alongside a new one each month) but they were never repeated.

Not just that - even if that was the JP GWG (which it isn't), it's unlikely the rest of the world would get it anyways seeing as they get different games all the time in JP. For example they've had Banjo, Halo Wars, etc. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Games_with_Gold_games

Edit: I'm also pretty sure Lichdorm literally just came out a month ago, that rules that game out too.

Ryse is a strong offering for current-gen. Is Lichdom that game which Digital Foundry said had the worst console performance ever?

Sony needs to step it up with Plus.

RoKKeR

I thought we established that this was as fake as they come...?

They don't put the boxart banners on XBO games.

is that fiinally confirming RDR is going to be released for BC? I know they were testing it a couple of months back and then pulled it.

Well I feel ignorant for buying RDR on a sale, waiting for it to be BC, ONLY for it to be free. How will I ever recoup the $7 lost? Lol

Another great month if this is true. Hated Ryse, but some will enjoy it I'm sure.

jelly

Looks fake but I imagine Microsoft will have a very good month during E3. Was a real crappy May month so only way is up.

Corpekata

Banned
Why would anyone fake that? It's not like it's Halo 5 or Quantum Break. It's nothing anyone's going to get excited about at this point.

Ludens

Banned
I don't know if fake or not, but the line-up could be real, Red Dead and Bioshock are very old, Ryse is old too, one of the first One games, Lichdom is a mess, they gave away Sunset, so it could be posstile. Anyway I edited the first post with the [Leak?] tag, since we are in doubt here.

Chris1

Why would anyone fake that? It's not like it's Halo 5 or Quantum Break. It's nothing anyone's going to get excited about at this point.

Dunno, people would lose their shit over RDR because that means it goes BC.
I don't know if fake or not, but the line-up could be real, Red Dead and Bioshock are very old, Ryse is old too, one of the first One games, Lichdom is a mess, they gave away Sunset, so it could be posstile. Anyway I edited the first post with the [Leak?] tag, since we are in doubt here.

The games could be real agree, but this fake would be nothing more than an extremely lucky guess, there's far too many errors for it to be legit.

Guys this is fake.

They never have the same game twice on games with gold. Bioshock infinite was already one last year.

Edit:

Because why else would you go to everyeye.it?

Nokterian

Lichdom on PC it works great but consoles? Never seen such a worst port to a console in my entire life that is PS4 and Xbox one but seeing RDR makes me happy i still have the game so that means i will be firing that up.

Oh it's fake..nevermind then.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
No way in hell they'd include Lichdom...right? I mean, have they even looked at the game?

DayEnder

univbee

To add to the "reasons why this is fake as hell" pile, Red Dead Redemption has a CERO Z rating in Japan which legally requires an age verification; you can't just give it away there without getting into pretty serious legal trouble.

I forgot I get free games every month on Gold and Plus. Not interested in any of those, but I got to remember to check every month or else I might miss out on something.

Top Bottom