• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leak footage of Far Cry 3 Blood dragon

Watching this person play is like watching hurts. "Bro, bro, bro lets go bro. Im gonna die bro. Hey bro, fuck you bro." Doesn't help that he pays zero attention to the giant arrows pointing to where he's getting shot from and keeps asking where they're shooting from.

A lifetime of watching hands-on preview videos by the gaming press has numbed me to shooter incompetence.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Please whoever you are, stop saying bro.

(the game looks fun as hell)

So good

iKsNauCaMSCzC.gif

I think the one thing that excites the hell outta me is how the brief parts ive watched make remind me of a FUN FPS, not some serious military shooter, like old Duke Nukem or playing the old red faction with my friends and using the bazooka's to make tunnels.

Ubisoft really went nuts on this one. If only they made a Dinosaur island DLC as well

It just seems wasted on these tired mechanics.. everything just feels so inconsequential. Such a huge shame.

Unlike other games that take it seriously though, this game is supposed to be like an 80's action movie where the highest body count wins. I love the Terminator vision, and pretty much anything else about the looks and sound.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Reading through this thread feels so weird to me.

I feel like I'm missing a few cultural milestones that would make me find this funny.

Reading through this thread feels so weird to me.

I feel like I'm missing a few cultural milestones that would make me find this funny.

Well I can understand that if you aren't one of those people who re-watches Predator all the time. 80's action movies were and still are pretty popular though.

Mascot

All kinds of awesome, the game the Duke Nukem reboot could have been (in a parallel fucking universe, maybe).

Day zero.

Glass Rebel

As if I didn't regret buying Far Cry 3 and burning myself out on it already. This probably has the perfect length for this type of game. Oh well.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
My god that looks bananas, it's weird that this little 10 dollar 'downloadable game' speaks to me more than any other fps released in as long as I can remember.

Stupid Dailymotion kept playing ads while I was watching which got pretty annoying, but I saw enough to understand what this is.

Whenever someone says they are making a sci-fi shooter, this is always the look and vibe I picture. Then I am always disappointed, people can make some pretty dull looking sci-fis. Something like this doesn't even need to take the "joking, not serious, funny reference" route in my opinion (not that that's a bad thing).

My god that looks bananas, it's weird that this little 10 dollar 'downloadable game' speaks to me more than any other fps released in as long as I can remember.
Just because it's downloadable doesn't mean it's $10. I'm expecting more around $20.

Slime

Banned
Haha, this looks so awesome. I want it.

Hearing that song come on was kind of surreal because I literally just finished watching Red Scorpion before checking this out.

NotLiquid

So will the only correlation to Far Cry 3 be when this game ends in a Suda51-ish way where the game zooms out after a NES-style credits sequence and shows, I dunno, Vaas and Jason on a couch playing a video game while high or something

DieH@rd

Banned
Isn't their a gif floating around with something just like this? Kind of like that Arnold flexing arm one? It's like they spent the day on a message board and made it a game, I love it!

Arcade game "Operation Wolf" had the same intro. Soldier suiting up.

squidyj

Yes. The 80s will never die.

I've got nothing against the 80s... well late 70s early 80s really. those were the best times.

I'm just tired of people spouting shit like "THIS is a game" or "THIS is what gaming about"
they seem to think they are the arbiters of what gaming is and should be and that their own personal preferences are therein somehow not subjective and at the same time beyond reproach. It's ridiculous and I think signficantly less of any poster who uses that line of thinking.

Top Bottom