• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leak? Middle Earth: Shadow of War [Box Art, Game Details, tons of DLC]

What do you think the "Gold War Chest" is for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
http://intl.target.com/s?searchTerm=Middle Earth: Shadow of War#sn-52315106

Gold Edition includes:
• Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion
• Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion
• The Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion
• The Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion
• Gold War Chest
• Over $125 in total value

Nemesis Expansions include a new Orc Tribe featuring new enemies, followers, missions, abilities, weapons, Fortress and wilderness updates, and a Mythic Gear Set.

Story Expansions introduce a new campaign, playable character & abilities, side missions, enemies, allies & more.

Experience an epic open-world brought to life by the award-winning Nemesis System. Forge a new Ring of Power, conquer Fortresses in massive battles and dominate Mordor with your personal Orc army in Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™.

Go behind enemy lines to forge your army, conquer Fortresses and dominate Mordor from within. Experience how the award winning Nemesis System creates unique personal stories with every enemy and follower, and confront the full power of the Dark Lord Sauron and his Ringwraiths in this epic new story of Middle-earth.

In Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™, nothing will be forgotten.

Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/target-leaks-shadow-of-mordor-sequel-shadow-of-war-1792760792

From what I've heard, the story will be based on Talion and Celebrimbor (the two protagonists from Shadow of Mordor) working to forge a new ring that's as powerful as Sauron's. The Nemesis system is back, obviously, and there are new stronghold mechanics, new special abilities, and all that jazz.

eshwaaz

Oooo, nice. Really enjoyed the first game, despite the barren world. Hope this is a much more fleshed out game, as the combat and Nemesis system were great.

kng3025

Interesting. I guess we'll find out soon enough. Enjoyed the first game game so hoping this will be just as good if not better.

Magikoopa24

Neo Member
The first leaked images and there's already a preorder bonus version, great- in any case, glad to see the Nemesis System make a return, even within the same series.

xviper

the first game was good but VERY repetitive, 95% of the main missions are just killing high ranked orcs

i hope they fix that in the sequel

Moaradin

First game was pretty alright. Got pretty repetitive, but the nemesis system was cool. One of the worst endings in a game that I've played though lol

Hopefully environments are more varied this time. Shadow of Mordor has got to be one of the most brown games ever.

danmaku

The title makes me hope they expanded the nemsis system to a full blown conflict between factions you can manipulate. They should also ditch the standard story no one cared about in the first game and make it all about emergent gameplay.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Brilliant, loved the first one. With 3 years dev time, this should be pretty fucking good.

I hope we'll see a improve similar to Assassins Creed 1 -> AC2 then this thing will be glorious.
Shadow of Mordor had cool ideas and was fun to play but a little dull in the end.

I also hope it won't be set in Mordor again. I need some other Middle-Earth environments.

Norci7

"Go behind enemy lines to forge your army, conquer Fortresses and dominate Mordor from within. Experience how the award winning Nemesis System creates unique personal stories with every enemy and follower, and confront the full power of the Dark Lord Sauron and his Ringwraiths in this epic new story of Middle-earth."

Gold Edition includes:
• Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion
• Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion
• The Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion
• The Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion
• Gold War Chest
• Over $125 in total value

Nemesis Expansions include a new Orc Tribe featuring new enemies, followers, missions, abilities, weapons, Fortress and wilderness updates, and a Mythic Gear Set.

Story Expansions introduce a new campaign, playable character & abilities, side missions, enemies, allies & more.

Experience an epic open-world brought to life by the award-winning Nemesis System. Forge a new Ring of Power, conquer Fortresses in massive battles and dominate Mordor with your personal Orc army in Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™.

Santiako

It's WB, of course there's going to be preorder bonuses, multiple editions, retailer exclusive DLC, and all that shiz.

Jb

Is that the Balrog in the background of the Gold Edition?
It'd be cool if the entire game didn't take place in Mordor. I'd love to visit Rohan or Gondor.

Not Drake

I loved the first game. In for the sequel. I just hope it's more interesting and diversified in terms of the world. Shadow of Mordor was a little dull and while I get it was... duh... Mordor, it would be welcomed to see something new once in a while.

Thought it probably had already been posted here. Was hesitant to make a thread. Was I just the first person to break the news on Gaf? Crazy.

Arttemis

I'm still hoping the Batman game is real, as I want a game with Arkham Knight's engine and incredible combat mechanics but without having the batmobile married to the plot at the expense of boss fights, stealth sections, and cohesive world design.

Batman with the Nemesis system for higher tier goons is a perfect match!

Oooo, nice. Really enjoyed the first game, despite the barren world. Hope this is a much more fleshed out game, as the combat and Nemesis system were great.
Yeah, the combat was very satisfying but the world felt so devoid of variety. I'm intrigued to see what has been improved!

Top Bottom