• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked banner of games to be shown at Xbox/Bethesda showcase?

Calverz

This is what happens every year before MS e3. People start posting ridiculous shit and then once the real conference is over, the narrative is it was a disappointment.

Every year.

Surprised they didn’t add banjo threeie to this list 😂

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Id be happy with this but no Wolfensteine 3 at this show has me worried that we will never get it. Either way this leak looks to be fake.

FrozenFlame

I hope that Microsoft announces a feature for Windows that allows people to take a screenshot of their screen so that they don't need to use their smartphone to take pictures of the screen whenever they see a leaked information...

bender

What time is it?
for real though we need a Quake reboot more than anything.
kinda-iffy.gif

ZehDon

Gold Member
Blurry camera lense? Check.
Slightly out of focus? Check.
Angled slightly? Check.
That trifecta there is almost certainly a good indication this is fake. With the exception of that guy who got pics of Assassin's Creed from a dev's laptop on a plane flight, I can't recall a single image of this style that was true.

Next stuff is common sense. Includes known title images available from a simple image search, includes generic covers for un-announced games - that would have covers when they're announced, and lists nothing that other leakers have already confirmed (Scorn is apparently an October release).

#FakeAsFuck

Three

I think it’s fake because FM8 is going to be shown, even if it ends up being released in 2023 (which I also doubt).

I also don’t believe they would say « Expansion Pack 1 » for FH5 instead of « Hot Wheels » after it’s announced.
They also have a mistake in A Plague Tale where they don't include cloud. So it's likely fake.

hlm666

So were The Outer Worlds and Metro Exodus when they came to PC Game Pass. Sweeney pretty much only pays for stuff to not come to Steam, because he's openly anti-consumer and only bothers to lie about being pro-developer.
Was gonna say other EGS exclusives have hit GP before steam, I think there has been a couple of others but i'm not 100% sure like maybe Mortal Shell and World War Z.

Three

This is what happens every year before MS e3. People start posting ridiculous shit and then once the real conference is over, the narrative is it was a disappointment.

Every year.

Surprised they didn’t add banjo threeie to this list 😂
There isn't anything unrealistic in this list though. If anything I'm predicting the show to be better than this leak.

The hype and speculation is getting out of hand. People setting themselves up for disappointment as usual. Go in with low expectations and let them surprise us. People went into that first halo infinite gameplay hyping it like it was going to be the greatest thing ever and look how that turned out.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
The hype and speculation is getting out of hand. People setting themselves up for disappointment as usual. Go in with low expectations and let them surprise us. People went into that first halo infinite gameplay hyping it like it was going to be the greatest thing ever and look how that turned out.

Only a certain group of people will be disappointed tomorrow. And that group is not Xbox fans.

Only a certain group of people will be disappointed tomorrow. And that group is not Xbox fans.

So you went forward in time and asked every xbox fan in the world and none of them were disappointed? Can I borrow your time machine please? I would like to see what the world is like in the year 5076.

Last edited:
That looks incredibly fake.

Probably...But we know that most of what is shown there will be at the showcase.

Forza Motorsport 8
Avowed
Forza Horizon DLC
Scorn
Hollow Knights sequel
Starfield
Contraband
That rumoured 2D RPG
Hellblade II
The inXile RPG
Redfall
The Kojima project
Compulsion Games new IP
Possibly a new Wolfenstein
Possibly FF VII remake
Replaced and other indie titles
3rd party franchises
Golden Eye remaster(?)...

It will be one hell of a conference, regardless.

Last edited:

Wohc

Banned
So you went forward in time and asked every xbox fan in the world and none of them were disappointed? Can I borrow your time machine please? I would like to see what the world is like in the year 5076.
Remove the "only" and he is 100% right. But i'm 99,99% sure you already knew what he meant and just wanted to nitpick a little bit.

Calverz

Thanks 😄. For one I have high hopes for FM8 and goldeneye being in the show. The games on this list I mostly knew about bar overdose.
In fairness that’s a good shout. I too hope for goldeneye and fm8. I played the leaked xbla release and it’s super good.

jaysius

Banned
All the speculation is hilarious, this is probably a troll faked image. In 25 hours we'll know if this is true or not, just chill until then.

If something looks too good to be true, it typically is.

Top Bottom