• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked (?) Battlefield 1 Concept Art

jediyoshi

Can anyone find a bigger version of this?

Couldn't but I ran it through a scaler and the details held up well

1080p
Lmi00YM.jpg

Does anyone know how accurate the first picture is with the parachute? I thought I'd read somewhere they didn't give pilots parachutes because they thought it would encourage cowardice and just abandoning the plane as soon as they could or something like that.

Parachutes were used, but were not standard issue.

They saved several flying aces asses. You know Nazi Herman Göring? Jumped out of his airplane in WW1, parachute saved his life. Yeah, sad that thing opened. Wikipedia says germany was the first country in 1918 to issue a standard parachute, with a fail-rate of around 1/3.

haveheart

Banned
This look so great.

I was just thinking – and I didn't want to necro a old shooter mechanics thread.

Why isn't there a dodge button in FPS games? This would make so much sense, particularly in games like BF.

I always thought it was kind of weird that you can just randomly jump while running. In BF so many palyers a jumping while running to dodge bullets. And if we're honest, no one in real life would jump across the battlefield.

It would be cool if the jump button would serve as a dodge button while running and it should take some seconds to charge, i.e. after your head goes up again and you are in the initial upright pose again. If you are near a obstacle, wall etc. the jump button could be the traditional leap animation.

Is this something I missed? Are there games that do that?

M52B28

Banned
I have a feeling that this game will play like absolute shit.

The game play that Battlefield 4 promotes will not transfer over to Battlefield 1 at all. With all of the trench warfare that I've read about when studying WW1, it just seems strange to think that with the loose movement and twitch shooting that this franchise has adapted, that it will be able to support the setting of WW1.

I know this is just my opinion, but I'm sure there are others that agree.

This scene in the trailer just rubs me wrong.
gifs.com/gif/M8x0zP

I guess it's too soon to judge since we haven't seen complete game play, but I hope they've changed it up a bit.

The graphics, art style and color palette look absolutely amazing, so that's one thing that they've got locked down.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I have a feeling that this game will play like absolute shit.

The game play that Battlefield 4 promotes will not transfer over to Battlefield 1 at all. With all of the trench warfare that I've read about when studying WW1, it just seems strange to think that with the loose movement and twitch shooting that this franchise has adapted, that it will be able to support the setting of WW1.

I know this is just my opinion, but I'm sure there are others that agree.

This scene in the trailer just rubs me wrong.
gifs.com/gif/M8x0zP

I guess it's too soon to judge since we haven't seen complete game play, but I hope they've changed it up a bit.

The graphics, art style and color palette look absolutely amazing, so that's one thing that they've got locked down.

WWI wasn't all just trenches.

Currently researching and writing a book on the Ottomans in WW1.
Here's what I think these pieces of concept art show about the Mid East War

Most likely the Ottoman Hejaz Railway from Damascus to Medina being attacked by Lawrence of Arabia's Arab Revolt troops

This concept art is the first image we have of an actual Ottoman soldier in this game with an actual Bashlik helmet. In the past footage and concept art most Ottoman soldiers in this game were depicted as wearing the German Stahlhelm (which were very few) or just Arab Headdress (of which Arab Ottoman soldiers were hard to come by due to the Arab Revolt.)
I hope this is a sign that DICE will not just reskin German soldiers with masks as Ottomans, as I feared from the first trailer.

Here is an Ottoman Bashlik Helmet for reference

Next is this image which I'm presuming to be the battle for the Suez Canal. This was a major battle, which the Ottomans and Germans planned to take the Canal and cut Britain from her colonies in India. The failed attack was a turning point in the Mid East War, really hope its in the game.

Here is a British armored car with machine gun in the desert. Important here is the appearance of German planes in the desert. The Ottomans had very few pilots and aircraft and employed many German aviators in their ranks, however the Ottoman Air force did participate in several battles. While there were many German planes in service for the Ottomans, they did have their own planes. I would hope and like DICE to get away from only casting it as Germans vs the world, and give other countries in WW1 a noticeable presence.

An Ottoman Air Force plane for reference compared to the standard German airplane with Iron Cross we've seen for a long time in WW2 games.

Lasly, this piece of concept art I think shows the entrance to a Middle Eastern city. I think it could either be Damascus, Baghdad, Basra, Kut el Amara, or even Jerusalem. I'd hope it would be the Battle of Kut el Amara, as it was the major turning point of the Mesopotamian Campaign.

Top Bottom