• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Battlefield 4 Screenshots

Spy

Eh, this screenshot leaves me wanting more. Kinda like a "Xbox 1.5" moment (assuming this is next gen and not PS4/PC).
I kinda feel the same way but seeing it in motion (and who knows if the images are downsamples) will allow me to make my final decision.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Btw. it's the same rifle they used in BF3's SP campaign. Talking about lazy devs...

damn... they are gonna show us shitty single player crap tonight, aren't they...

no one fucking cares about sp...

It's a massive waste of resources really. I'd much rather they put all those assets into some really varied and intricately detailed, yet at the same time fucking huuge multiplayer maps. Or very very deep uniform customization. Hell, even some Planetside 2 rivaling MMO-lite shootbang could be achieved now with dat 8GB GDDR5.

sp3000

Killzone: Shadow Fall is closer to Crysis 3 in terms of competition. If Battlefield 4 will look as good as these images suggest, it is in a league of its own.

KZSF and Crysis 3 were pretty vastly ahead of what these images have shown so far. If you told me these were BF3 images I would have believed you.

Soma

Seems like a slightly more buffed up BF3. Which isn't bad but I guess I was hoping for a bigger departure.

I'm excited to see how it looks in motion though.

KZSF and Crysis 3 were pretty vastly ahead of what these images have shown so far. If you told me these were BF3 images I would have believed you.

Yup. This looks like MW2 to BLOPS graphical jump at most. Not that it won't be amazing mind you but people were expecting... miracles.

legacyzero

Banned
It doesn't look as good as I thought it would to be honest.

ibtnw7rCDVGFgS.jpg

:p

RoKKeR

Anybody get a Spec Ops: The Line feel from that last shot?

Looks good. I don't know what more people could be expecting, considering that it's cross-gen. Gameplay will be nice, as BF has always looked better in motion.

VariantX

Looks like exactly like BF3, but they just turned on some effects really. About what i expected, but in its defense, BF3 is still a pretty damn good looking game. Could be a hell of a lot more going on since screenshots never tell the whole story of course.

Looks like exactly like BF3, but they just turned on and some effects really. About what i expected, but in its defense, BF3 is still a pretty damn good looking game. Could be a hell of a lot more going on since screenshots never tell the whole story of course.

except when they do.

sp3000

At least BF will play good.

I didn't realize client side hit detection now equals "playing good"

Regardless this is a graphics thread, not a gameplay thread. In terms of graphics, it looks no better than BF3. You could post the shot below next to the other ones and no one could tell which game it was from.

bf3-soldier-jpg.jpg

Hystzen

Anybody get a Spec Ops: The Line feel from that last shot?

Looks good. I don't know what more people could be expecting, considering that it's cross-gen. Gameplay will be nice, as BF has always looked better in motion.

People saw next gen console release and wanted better, the problem being the graphic jump from this gen to next won't be truly noticeable until much later in the cycle

iceatcs

Lens flare kind still there. Improvement but it need to complete remove because it isn't what we're seeing.

It will look nice when they show of the weather effects I'm sure, but I don't really care about this until the multiplayer is shown.

Wynnebeck

Banned

Regardless this is a graphics thread, not a gameplay thread. In terms of graphics, it looks no better than BF3. You could post the shot below next to the other ones and no one could tell which game it was from.

bf3-soldier-jpg.jpg

Other than the bird pic, I sadly have to agree.

Looks good except the guys face in the first one and the gun in the third. Everything else looks like battlefield 3 with a nice gloss/better lighting.

BlazinAm

bf3-soldier-jpg.jpg

Lets wait until the trailer and some information on the game hits before making statements like that.

RoKKeR

Regardless this is a graphics thread, not a gameplay thread. In terms of graphics, it looks no better than BF3. You could post the shot below next to the other ones and no one could tell which game it was from. The problem isn't that there is a small jump. It's that there seems to be no jump at all.
Again, was this not expected?

i-Lo

People say next gen console release and wanted better, the problem being the graphic jump from this gen to next won't be truly noticeable until much later in the cycle

Much like it was with this gen besides the resolution bump and programmable shaders. You're right that this time it'll take a bit longer perhaps.

Still, if the animation, particle system etc, are a leap from the previous game then regardless of the graphics the magnitude of immersion should definitely increase substantially.

Whompa

Good thing the lens flares are as strong as ever in that third pic.

Second pic has the skin texture stretching. A little uneven throughout with texture quality. Some of the parts of the image looks just like a photo while others are clearly not up to snuff.

First pic has a HUGE section on the downed soldier's face that's doing something weird, texturally.

Oddly inconsistent, but I guess that's the first stage. I'm sure it will all get ironed out by the end.

I hope the mp maps and content from BF3 gets folded over to 4, alongside a bunch of new content....Would be nice to build on established content as well as provide new content, especially considering how badly recycled these games get.

That's just a pipe dream. I know EA wouldn't be that nice.

At the very least, it looks promising.

RoKKeR

Good thing the lens flares are as strong as ever in that third pic.

Second pic has the skin texture stretching. A little uneven throughout with texture quality. Some of the parts of the image looks just like a photo while others are clearly not up to snuff.

First pic has a HUGE section on the downed soldier's face that's doing something weird, texturally.

Oddly inconsistent, but I guess that's the first stage. I'm sure it will all get ironed out by the end.

Looks promising already.
By Battlefield 3's standards, the lack of lense flare in the bird pic is surprising.

bf3-soldier-jpg.jpg

I leave unimpressed. That trailer tomorrow morning (CET) better be ... better.

Top Bottom