• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Battlefield: Hardline gameplay

SJS

Not exactly "gameplay", but interesting nevertheless, even if similarities with BF4 were the vast majority of what was demonstrated.

Even Call of Duty has more changes to it's gameplay/features than this.

That's 3 times in a row with Battlefield. Kind of ironic seeing as die hard Battlefield fans criticize the Call of Duty franchise just for that.

3, 4, and Hardline look like they play identical to each other. You could fool someone thinking all three are the same game.
EA wanted their cash cow, they got it.

Remark

Banned
Although this does look bad we should wait and find out how old this build is. It could be a couple months old for all we know. Especially since at the top of the window it says "CONFIDENTIAL" and stuff it could have been internal and a fuck up by EA.

xBladeM6x

I'll probably get this just because I'm a Battlefield cunt who doesn't know any better, but it is rather disappointing to see how many visual and audio assets are brought directly over from BF4.

BeerSnob

Yeah exactly what I thought. It's like some expansion to BF4

They should give it free/discounted to those of us who bought BF4. We used to get shit like this back in the day, we called it a Total Conversion and it was made for free by fans, not packaged and sold.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Two things could happen at E3 with BF Hardline:

1. Obviously there's a beta already created, and they will announce at E3 that an open beta will be available as of them speaking at the show.

2. They will announce the open beta will be available in August/Sept.

Probably tie it with some kind of pre-order deal too.

Rembrandt

Banned
I'm guessing matchmaking isn't in because this didn't really show much besides for the fact it looks a lot like BF4. Could have at least showed what all he/she could blow up.

Sojgat

As others have said, it just looks like a police themed reskin.

It does seem kinda cool, but I won't be picking it up anywhere near launch.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'll try it at some point but this is literally slightly reskinned BF4. They're not even trying to hide it.

VanWinkle

Well, the leaked trailer stuff hyped me a lot but this kind of killed it for me. I thought it would be dramatically different than BF4 but it looks basically the exact same.

R3TRODYCE

But hey, I'm not complaining, saves me $60 in an otherwise busy fall.

I already bought BF4 EA, you don't need to sell it to me again.
I feel the same way tbh. I wasn't expecting a huge leap but I certainly didn't expect this to look so close to bf4.

jay23

Ehh, a little underwhelmed like the rest of ya. Was expecting something more than just a reskin of bf4.

Hopefully the new game modes make up for it.

Orayn

I was somewhat hopeful about this because the premise sounded neat, but this looks pretty underwhelming.

looks like BF4 with new skins, vehicles and buildings

gameplay is exactly the same as if it where a mod more then a expansion or even new game

void666

Banned
It's a battlefield 4 mod. A cheap battlefid 4 mod.
I mean, i know battlefield is in the name. But damn, it looks too much like BF4.
Do cops wear parachutes in real life?

If they focused on infantry combat. Destructive scenarios. No air vehicles or at least only one suporting the cops. If they did something different from the main series. Then i could be interested.

The way it seems to be i'll probably not buy it.

EA will burn BF even more.

Caveman

Neo Member
Kinda looks like Battlefield 4 reskinned IMO. I think I might wait and see what people say once the game is released.

hew9753

I'll echo all the reskinned BF4 comments. This just dropped to the bottom of the list of games I'll be buying this Fall. Maybe if it gets good player feedback. And goes on sale for 1/2 sometime price before Christmas. Maybe.

That's a mod not a game. Holy shit. I figured we'd at least see some "Visceral" in there; this is a goddamn re-skin with no personality at all. (Well, to be fair, BF has pretty strong personality of its own, but still.)

Also, kinda dark isn't it? The idea of police doing the Battlefield thing. Like, gross. Are they getting Alex Jones for the campaign?

jond76

Banned
Soooo, the game has been judged on one guy running around the map by himself in a beta?

Good job folks.

Top Bottom