• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Harry Potter game in development

-IZHAN-

no no
Plz dont invest your potential in Harry Potter no offence
plz do a Superman or JLA Game
or Arkham Knight Sequel

Airbus Jr

Banned
Can we pick our own house in this game?

If that's the case I'd wager 90% of gamers will pick Gryffindor due to Harry popularity

Airbus Jr

Banned

Isn't that most student there even Gryfindor hated Hermione?

She's kinda snob and anoying don't you think?

She's not really pretty either, far from Ema Watson look in the movie ( in the book she was described to have a big bunny teeth)

The only people who likes her at school is Ron and that quiditch athlete guy from Romania( I forgot his name)

Last edited:

WaterAstro

She's not really pretty either, far from Ema Watson look in the movie ( in the book she was described to have a big bunny teeth)

The only people who likes her at school is Ron and that quiditch athlete guy from Romania( I forgot his name)
Hermione is the real heroine of Harry Potter. She saves Harry's ass all the time.

Can we pick our own house in this game?

If that's the case I'd wager 90% of gamers will pick Gryffindor due to Harry popularity

If we go by Star Wars games the good guys aren't usually the most picked up factions. People seem to not like being on the "so good they look absolutely fake" teams.

Airbus Jr

Banned
That is not how it works! Silly. The Sorting Hat will decide whether you are brave enough for Gryffindor.

No it doesn't actually work like that

Remember book 1 Harry Potter and Sorcerers Stone?

The sorting hat intend to put Harry on Slytherin in the first place but Harry said no

He asked "Why? Slytherin suits you"

So then the hat say " So you don't want Slytherin mphmm? Then Gryffindor it is for you ! "

Remember that scene? In the end it's not about your traits or tendency, its your decision that really counts

Last edited:

Moneal

Looks like a Fantastic Beasts tie in to me.

Hope its far enough in future or past to get away from the book/movie lore to do its own things.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Hermione is the real heroine of Harry Potter. She saves Harry's ass all the time.

she seems like she knows whats up at all times and never loses her cool. what is annoying know-it-all behavior in a classroom equates to a wizarding mind like a steel cage out in the field.

this game looks cool, but it also looks far from development, like the leak is from a trailer or ad spot that is just days from dropping.

TLZ

Banned
Harry Potter is boring. Hermione isn't.

ThZg2.jpg

She's not boring. She's annoying.

Ka-Kui

For me in the books she never came across as a snob - an overeager know it all is what she was in the books.

Emma Watson's portrayal was definitely more snobby than anything else - but I don't blame a little girl for not displaying nuance.

And yeah she was described looking more like gretchen from Recess in the books, I'd imagine the studio didn't want to go that route, but that's Hollywood casting for you.

makaveli60

On the one hand I'm very glad that such a game is being made because I grew up with the Harry Potter books/movies and I'm very nostalgic about them but on the other hand I feel a bit sad that the characters from that timeline won't be in the game.

TimFL

For me in the books she never came across as a snob - an overeager know it all is what she was in the books.

Emma Watson's portrayal was definitely more snobby than anything else - but I don't blame a little girl for not displaying nuance.

And yeah she was described looking more like gretchen from Recess in the books, I'd imagine the studio didn't want to go that route, but that's Hollywood casting for you.
Or, you know, it could be the fact that they cast kids with no idea what they look like in a few years. No one could‘ve predicted the Neville actor looking the way he does now back then.

GermanZepp

Harry Potter is such a boring universe that i can't phisically understand how so many people can find it so interesting

I kinda understand you. i will be booing if this was the Rocksteady game for nextgen. Never read the books or saw the movies. I grow up to hate dislike children main characters/heroes.

Last edited:
Gosh why do I think the Harry Potter so tasteless and angering? Maybe I associate it too much with Twilight and all the crap that followed?

Iaterain

Gosh why do I think the Harry Potter so tasteless and angering? Maybe I associate it too much with Twilight and all the crap that followed?

Please don't. If you haven't read Harry Potter, don't compare it with cheap literature like Twilight saga.
Harry Potter is one of the most enjoyable and cosy book series I've ever read.

It is like a drug to me. Like my own personal brand of heroin.

Larxia

I'm extremely happy with this news, I've dreamed about a new harry potter game for more than a decade, I loved 2 and 3 on ps3 and never got anything as good again.
This universe is just... well, magic, but also extremely cosy, I just feel really good when I'm in front of anything related to this saga.
It makes me a bit sad that a lot of people seem to not understand the point behind this because the movies are "old" now =/ Why aren't we allowed to have nice things? :messenger_crying:

I have fond memories of the first game on Ps1. Couldn't have been further from the types of games i was playing at the time, but it was a really well put together movie/book based game. Captured the atmosphere of the potter world.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Nothing's going to top Lord Voldemort though, when it comes to battling a dark wizard

Even as a small 11 year old boy I think he was, in the Half-Blood Prince, he had a command on words that practically screamed how dangerous he could potentially be. If he was that good at struggling for power even in just conversation against Dumbledore as a kid....that chapter always stuck with me. Told me a lot about his prowess and potential

yugoluke

Harry Potter is such a boring universe that i can't phisically understand how so many people can find it so interesting

What a stupid take.

Cultural phenomena tend to exude quality in order for them to be culturally relevant in the first place. Harry Potter was hugely influential. And for good reason.

I was late to the party and watched all the films only last year. But dear god is it something special. The universe feels lived in and established. The character development is great. It starts off as ”the childhood adventures of Harry and gang” but develops more depth and maturity as the series progresses. It laid the foundation for all other franchise films but all fall flat in quality (IMO).

The fact that (as a picky movie goer) these films are actually excellent continually blows me away.

It is about time we have a game in this universe that is modern. Hopefully it captures the vibe of wonder, enchantment, mystery, and joy.

Fret Runner

Bloody hell, Harry. Did you just take a dump on the floor of my parents house and teleport it away?!
Yes. Yes I did, Ronald.

SCB3

This always has got me, Harry Pottrr is rich for a RPG or MMO, it can be set at any time as well. No one seems to want to capitalise on it at all for a good game

Top Bottom