• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Images of "Project Y" (Sega Genesis brawler from Pier Solar devs)

SWbTqo6.png

Sapiens

I'm pretty sure these are sprite edits from SoR2 and 3, which is not a bad thing as those games still look fantastic to this day.

Otherwise, I'm getting a screen-shots out of 90s magazine vibe from these, which is good.

Very colourful.

epmode

I guess there's a market for physical releases on dead consoles? Yeesh.

edit: Deliberate obscurity is a strange business model but it must be working out for them.

epmode

Indeed. The Dreamcast will never die.

See, I kind of understand the Dreamcast thing. Disc-based stuff is a lot cheaper to manufacture than cartridges.

But whatever, if these guys are content with instantly limiting their audience to such a degree, more power to them.

Dachande

That looks nice, but that kick in the second screenshot is a direct sprite trace of one of Shiva's attacks in SoR2/3...

Whompa

That looks nice, but that kick in the second screenshot is a direct sprite trace of one of Shiva's attacks in SoR2/3...

upon closer inspection, there's a lot of direct tracing going on here.

Balrog SF2 and Axel from SOR1 are directly traced in the first screenshot...Not to mention the direct Streets of Rage UI rip.

I'm beginning to feel a little skeptical.

eXistor

Oh nice! I still have to really put some time in Pier Solar, but I think it was pretty well received. We need more brawlers.

clem84

Gold Member
Since this is from the Pier Solar dev., maybe they'll have a Dreamcast port further down the road? Hopefully.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I can't believe I'm asking this, I really can't, but is the source of those images a scan from a magazine or a photo of a CRT TV? I can't tell, and we have to remove it if the original source is a magazine :/

I can't believe I'm asking this, I really can't, but is the source of those images a scan from a magazine or a photo of a CRT TV? I can't tell, and we have to remove it if the original source is a magazine :/

Edit: Actually I'm not sure, either. I thought they were CRT snaps but then someone in the source thread says they're from the back of the retail box?

Either way I'm pretty sure they're not from a magazine. This is the original source Twitter account: https://twitter.com/Wahwah__

Why is it using that Streets of Rage font doe?

Not only that but using Streets of Rage moves as well i.e. Alex's kick is taken from Shiva (EDIT: Yep. Clicked the link and they mention it as well). I hope this is a spiritual successor to Streets of Rage. Is it still in development? Shit like this is always cancelled... :/

EDIT: It's for GENESIS? The fuck!

RT17

Banned
They're also making a SNES game as well which you can invest in if you so desire.

Pier Solar for those who did not get a copy was one of the most beautifully made new-old games ever. Detail was simply stunning.

Mlatador

Banned
Not only that but using Streets of Rage moves as well (Alex's kick). I hope this is a spiritual successor to Streets of Rage. Is it still in development? Shit like this is always cancelled... :/

Of course it's still in development. Why would it get canceled? Watermelon (dev name) already released Pier Solar with great success and now they've got the know-how and funds to develop Project Y as well as Project N (<---- which is their SNES game).

I hope that this comes to more platforms, like Pier Solar HD.
And I wish that they ask Yuzo Koshiro to make the soundtrack... :p

Hell, just get DJYuzoBoy on Youtube and/or the SoRR sound guys on the job and we're golden even if Yuzo himself can't manage it.

Looks damn impressive and I really hope they get get a streak of quality going beyond Pier Solar doing so well for them.

Are these intentionally made to look like they were taken from a magazine? Or is it a true leak from a magazine that hasn't left the presser yet?

If it's the former, that's pretty cool.

all bs aside..This..looks like a scam..nostalgia clouding some of you guy's/gals skeptic eyes.. the sprites that don't look traced are kinda off..time will tell, I'd like to eat crow cause it sounds good on paper.

Top Bottom