• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked pics of the EGX booth for the new Total War

Kyonashi

Unfortunately the logo was obscured but you can see the art in these pics.

I helped set up booths today and this was intriguing.

Pics removed for now

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love a Medieval 3.

Of course, I wouldn't buy it until at least half a year after launch because Total War games are always train wrecks around release.

I'm just about ready to pick up Rome II once the complete package has a sale. Expecting sometime around Christmas.

Kinthalis

Banned
Hmmm, yeah, the armor on the guy could mean some type of dark age//Migration period expansion to Rome II, or Medieval 3.

I NEEDS TO KNOW!

Kinthalis

Banned
I'd love a Medieval 3.

Of course, I wouldn't buy it until at least half a year after launch because Total War games are always train wrecks around release.

I'm just about ready to pick up Rome II once the complete package has a sale. Expecting sometime around Christmas.

Emperior edition is indeed finally a really good game. Not perfect, by any stretch fo the imagination, but the changes recently released make for a very good Total War game.

Definitley pick it, even if it's ona sale.

I just started Hardcore History's "Wrath of the Khans" series, so I'm so down for some Mongol action (I know about the expansion pack, btw).

I mean, there is a horse archer in the logo, it looks like.

jonno394

I'm going for a fantast based total war. His face being covered up and not just the logo because he's a vampire general or something like maybe he's dracula

I am certain that tw warhammer is in production so I am surprised that nothing official has been announced yet. From what we can see of this it could be anything, perhaps a tw:Rome barbarian invasion II equivelent.

ramuh

I would love me some Medieval III! But I will hold off purchasing it because of how F upped Rome 2 was on release.

I just started Hardcore History's "Wrath of the Khans" series, so I'm so down for some Mongol action (I know about the expansion pack, btw).

I mean, there is a horse archer in the logo, it looks like.

A horse archer has been the logo for the general series for a while, I believe.

I am no historian at all on the Mongols and what they wore--I just googled real quick. The silhouette in the logo has the same headgear as most of the pics for "mongol horse archer", and they were famed for horse archery...and the silhouette has him holding a bow.

lwtTWRT.jpg

A horse archer has been the logo for the general series for a while, I believe.

You could be right, but I'm pretty sure the logo was first a samurai, as Shogun was the first in the series:

Total_War_logo.png

Hystzen

If it's Medieval 3 they need bring back Civil Wars and incest from Medieval 1.

Still another medieval total war game is ughhh kind let down

Sober

If they are in fact doing the Asian continent, that sounds great.

On the plus side all the stupidly insane Total War fans would go APESHIT over no Europe.

Imagine if it was a new action game like:(

SpartanTWbox.jpg

Of course I hope it's Medieval 3. How much time did I spent with M2? 1000 hours? 2000? But Medieval 2 was not developed by CA. It was made by another studio I believe!

Koriandrr

All I could think about is how some poor CM who posted this on his personal FB is going to get scolded/fired for this 'leak'.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

zulfate

If they are in fact doing the Asian continent, that sounds great.

On the plus side all the stupidly insane Total War fans would go APESHIT over no Europe.

Wasn't shogun 2 one the best and still most played total war game?

Also TW fans are not crazy people.

belushy

Banned
For some reason I instantly thought of Khal Drogo from Game of Thrones and asoiaf when I saw the first picture.

In that case, OP, I hope you got a permission to post those.
I've been in trouble for such things before. I learned my lesson :D

See you on EGX!

He and his friend helped set up the booths. Wouldn't have anyone there told them not to take pictures if it's a big deal?

edit: from the other thread, OP took the pictures and asked a friend to upload them

Sober

Rome 2 > Empire > Shogun 2 > Napoleon > Medieval 2, consistently, according to Steam stats. Other than Med 2, the first 4 on the list require Steam.

Also to be more specific, TW attracts a lot of Eurocentric history fetishists that are completely batshit insane. So that's what I mean when I say a non-Europe campaign map would drive them absolutely bonkers. (They also hate the thought of Warhammer).

Yes

and Yes.

Total War fans are normal. If Bioware fans who draw pictures of themselves having sex with certain mass effect characters is a 9, then Total War fans are like a 3. They only get their panties in a jiffy when there is some historical inconjunction. Total War fans have also learned to live with abuse for a long time. Their spouse Creative Assembly has had some really bad episodes (Empire, Rome 2) and that abuse, deceit and lies has of course caused a big level of stress and unhappiness on Total War fans. But like many of these types of relationships, Total War fans just can't leave. Cause there is nothing like RW out there.

There is room for it though. You can look at Crusader Kings if you want to see a bad ass developer who supports their game ethically and really ads value and purpose in the right ways. You can look at Civlization, which despite its highs and lows have been somewhat faithful and consistent. Civlization is not a looker but at least he not be cheating, unlike your highschool boyfriends Command&Conquer and Warcraft who completely lost themselves in other matters. CnC who is now a fat alcoholic.. he really felt off the map after college. And then you have Warcraft who was your first big love, but decided to leave for Thailand and got a sex-change operation, and now Warcraft is a completely different genre. You dont even recognize him anymore, but then you figure, this is probably what he really was all along, so its all good, but you had dreams about you, him and perhaps getting some warcraft 4 some days, in a big house, but that day won't come now.

I now regret comparing RTS franchises to love life from the perspective of a middle aged woman reflecting on all her past lovers. hmmmm

Rome 2 > Empire > Shogun 2 > Napoleon > Medieval 2, consistently, according to Steam stats. Other than Med 2, the first 4 on the list require Steam.

Also to be more specific, TW attracts a lot of Eurocentric history fetishists that are completely batshit insane. So that's what I mean when I say a non-Europe campaign map would drive them absolutely bonkers. (They also hate the thought of Warhammer).

My history teacher said that a lot of history professors and scholars HATE when people talk about the Middle Ages as the Dark Ages, because it insinuates that it was a dark time all over the world, when is in fact only Europe. It's the arrogance of European historians to think that the state of the world is up to how Europe feels. The middle east, the far east. Lots of things were going on that wasn't so dark.

Dolor

I would be ok with Mongols. That could be very interesting. I would also be good with Warhammer. Just as long as it's not with a cross of melee and gunpowder units, I'll be good.

Top Bottom