• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Star Wars Battlefront II Gameplay

Raven77

Looks like Battlefront. Can anyone explain to me what in this gameplay looks different from the first one?

Don't get me wrong, looks good, very beautiful but trying to start keeping my hype in check, burned too many times.

Slixshot

Banned
Somebody's in trouble lol

It looks like heroes aren't as powerful (thank god). They can still take some hits but they were just unstoppable in the first game. Took me out of the experience.

Lazaro

The lightsaber reflections on objects and floors looks impressive.

Can't see the button prompts clearly in the bottom-right corner but it looks like this is the PC version?

EDIT: You can see the in-game mouse cursor in the customise character menu.

Shin

Banned
Damn the sound effects are banana's, lighting is amazing and the sabre marks on the pillars is just crazy.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I hope there is a hero only mode. I wanna have some awesome lightsaber duels.

Bishop89

Looks like Battlefront. Can anyone explain to me what in this gameplay looks different from the first one?

Don't get me wrong, looks good, very beautiful but trying to start keeping my hype in check, burned too many times.
The gameplay was fine. It was the lack of variety, customisation and barebones progression system that made it boring

STAR WARS!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PJ41mCU.gif

Gudji

Graphically speaking it looks a ton better than the first (at least from what I remember). The hero movements also seem to be more fluid.

Do you need to pre-order to play the beta?

sgs2008

Graphically speaking it looks a ton better than the first (at least from what I remember). The hero movements also seem to be more fluid.

Doubt it, i think preordering prob gets you 1-2 day head start on the beta.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
BAH, the video ends when he would finally start playing as a stormtropper....

Theorry

You make it sound like that the first one looked bad haha.:D

blakep267

Sign ywah. It's beautiful but I really really didn't like the actual gameplay of the first one.

Carlius

Banned
what am i missing here? i see a terrible quality video and ppl claiming its the best looking game theyve seen. i see frostbite being frostbite and wonky animations. will still buy it but ya...

meppi

The graphics are gorgeous but the gameplay looks so damn bland.
Was hoping they would build upon the first game but it seems not.
The first one didn't grab me for this reason, so this one will get a pass as well. Shame.

Looks amazing but so did Battlefront. Definitely holding off at launch if it's anything like Battlefront 1. That's the one game I've gotten at launch in the past few years and played for maybe a couple hours, admired the audio/visual aspects and had no real desire to play after that. Probably burned out by playing the Beta a bunch and the gameplay feeling pretty bare bones.

The graphics are gorgeous but the gameplay looks so damn bland.
Was hoping they would build upon the first game but it seems not.
The first one didn't grab me for this reason, so this one will get a pass as well. Shame.

Same boat for me but if I was a huge star wars fan I'd still be excited.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.

You are all crazy. Are you watching this on your cell phone?

This is the first game running on PC.

http://www.pcinvasion.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/star-wars-battlefront-vader-shakes-fist.jpg

And you compare that to a blurry 720p video (actual resolution is far below that) and make statements about graphics improvements? Really? BF2 will look stunning, no doubt about that, but this video is proof of the opposite if anything.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Wow. This has ensnared my attention. Darth Maul going ham is the dinner I look forward to most. It's looking much better than the sad skeleton of a game known as Battlefront.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Looks pretty different to Battlefront 1 actually with all the leaping and different abilities.

Can already see there needs to be punishment for people hanging out in menus waiting to spawn as their precious heroes.

Top Bottom