• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Star Wars Battlefront II Gameplay

You are all crazy. Are you watching this on your cell phone?

This is the first game running on PC.

http://www.pcinvasion.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/star-wars-battlefront-vader-shakes-fist.jpg

And you compare that to a blurry 720p video (actual resolution is far below that) and make statements about graphics improvements? Really? BF2 will look stunning, no doubt about that, but this video is proof of the opposite if anything.
Umm calm down? People are excited and it clearly (if you have eyes) looks stunning and better than BF1.

People running with their lightsabers out makes no sense to me, just click it off surely?

Ive never seen a star wars movie.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
what am i missing here? i see a terrible quality video and ppl claiming its the best looking game theyve seen. i see frostbite being frostbite and wonky animations. will still buy it but ya...

Same. Maybe it looks better than the first game but I sure as hell can't tell from this video.

NUKqZuF.gif

Gaenor

Banned
Not a fan of the first one, but hopefully this one will grab me. Looks stunning !!

Are there any gamemodes without heroes ? I don't remember from the 1st game.

I wasn't really impressed by it graphically, its running on PC (you can see mouse controls on the bottom right) so yeah it's going to look good but a lot of stiff animations and what not much like the first BF. Granted this says pre-alpha so we'll see what happens.

Hero only gameplay doesn't really give you the full spectrum but I thought it looked pretty bland. Certainly seems like Heroes are toned down though so thats a good thing.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
come to think of it, when did Maul ever block blaster fire in Episode I

That's a weird excuse, just because he didn't do it doesn't mean he can't do it. Lightsabers should be able to deflect shots.

2CHCD.gif

and even if it's just for a few seconds.

Maybe have it on an ability cooldown or that you can only deflect shots being fired from the front. It just seems wrong not to have that in-game.

Exactly.

Xater

This footage is a bummer, because it really doesn't show any of the promised improvements. It looks way too much like the last one right now. I hope the EA press event actually make this game look better. Otherwise I can probably cross it off my list.

Rarius

I really need to see regular gameplay, the first was so embarrassingly shallow that I need some large changes to how the game plays.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
That's a weird excuse, just because he didn't do it doesn't mean he can't do it. Lightsabers should be able to deflect shots.

2CHCD.gif

and even if it's just for a few seconds.

Exactly.

As someone mentioned above, the player maybe just didn't know blocking was a thing.

How the hell does a Youtuber leak their gameplay video, did he publish is by accident and this guy quickly grabbed it?

Looks good though.

MADGAME

HYPE STAR fully operational!

Side note, is it a requirement for people who get early access to a game to suck so bad at actually playing the game?

Cardon

Looks good and I'm excited considering I sunk 100 hours+ into the last game.

I'm just surprised an immediate swap wasn't done with Boba in favor of Jango. But I guess maybe he'll appear in whatever dlc is planned.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Umm calm down? People are excited and it clearly (if you have eyes) looks stunning and better than BF1.

The trailer from weeks ago looks stunning. This, no. Youtube quality is shite as it is and can't be used to judge graphics in a meaningful way, but looking at blurry 720p footage and pretending like it looks vastly better than the predecessor at 1080p on your screen is nothing but hyperbole.

Gurish

I wasn't really impressed by it graphically, its running on PC (you can see mouse controls on the bottom right) so yeah it's going to look good but a lot of stiff animations and what not much like the first BF. Granted this says pre-alpha so we'll see what happens.

Hero only gameplay doesn't really give you the full spectrum but I thought it looked pretty bland. Certainly seems like Heroes are toned down though so thats a good thing.

Can't understand how can someone not be impressed by it graphically I can fool people who don't play videogames into thinking this is real life footage almost, or CGI at the least.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Looks great! Initial thoughts:

-Theed looks gorgeous.
-Temuera Morrison doing the voice of Boba and Dee Bradley Baker doing the voice of the Clones is weird.
-Was that Daisy Ridley doing the voice of Rey?
-Rey's theme playing when she enters the game is great.
-God, I miss command posts.

MADGAME

So you collect battle points during the match to spend during the round. Interesting one of the end of round stats is most allies buffed.

While they were only playing as heros, nothing showed me that the game plays any different. May be the mode but no capture points for both teams, no respawn locations, looking real similar to the first 1.

Any word on if the classes actually have roles, or are they just loadouts that slightly do something a little different than 1 another. Any engineer stuff? You know, Battlefront 2 stuff (the original one).

Looks really good but I'm itching for some trooper gameplay.

Was that Daisy Ridley? At times it sounds like her and other times like the VA they got for Jyn in the DLC for Battlefront 2015.

Top Bottom