• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Star Wars Battlefront II Gameplay

This animations do look pretty stiff. Can't lie. Not sure if it's the engine or a lack of talent. Both? Visuals and sound still just every bit as good as the first game.

Ha. So it sounds like the prequel characters have approximations of their movie voices in the menus but then in-game everyone sounds right out of The Clone Wars. At least, that's what I hear from Maul and the droids. I like that.

It makes me wish for a new Jedi Knight.

Online, player character customization, 32 vs 32 mass Jedi vs Sith battles, mod support for custom maps, dedicated servers. FFA, Duel ( 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3 )

EL CUCO

Dang I had Battlefront 1 on PS4, but now that I got a PC, IDK what platform to grab this one on...

How was Battlefront 1 on PC?

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.

Online, player character customization, 32 vs 32 mass Jedi vs Sith battles, mod support for custom maps, dedicated servers. FFA, Duel ( 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3 )

No kidding

As nice as it looks I wish the saber combat had some depth to it as oppose to what I'm seeing

Also good to know I wasn't the only one here thinking the guy playing it is terrible

DrBo42

No kidding

As nice as it looks I wish the saber combat had some depth to it as oppose to what I'm seeing

Also good to know I wasn't the only one here thinking the guy playing it is terrible

MovieBattles mod brought saber combat to a new level. Always disappointed with these arcade run in and flail systems now. Even going the For Honor route would be incredible in comparison.

I think cross-era heroes is just for the EA Play showcase. Rey is one of the heroes featured on the cover and probably one of the few that's ready to show off, so they put her here. Boba and Han are from the first game but tweaked so returning players can see the changes to blaster heroes.

I hope you're right, not liking the idea of cross-era hero gameplay.

bud23

another visually impressive but fucking boring star wars game

will be worth it if you want to impress your nerd friends, cause Princess Leia has never looked so good, but who cares about that? I don´t

pass

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Yes especially Rey, her running animation was terribad. Honestly, thats the first thing I noticed while watching otherwise the game looks the same as the first. I honestly wasn't impressed. I'm probably going to cancel my preorder.
Daisy Ridley runs like a robot in real life. Just watch her run in TFA. Personally, I feel like Dice captured her hilariously stiff gate perfectly.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

You have no idea what i would give for a new Jedi Knight game man...

Joffy

Neo Member
Dang I had Battlefront 1 on PS4, but now that I got a PC, IDK what platform to grab this one on...

It ran great, only problem was it could be tricky finding a match in the dlc maps sometimes. Won't be an issue here though with free maps.

Xyber

BF1 was great on PC already on day 1. Best launch they've had so far. Performance was top notch and crashes were not a thing like with BF4.

Edite: Read that as Battlefield 1. :p

Plasma

Banned
MovieBattles mod brought saber combat to a new level. Always disappointed with these arcade run in and flail systems now. Even going the For Honor route would be incredible in comparison.

I'm not sure the MB2 saber combat would work on the console version which is there primary focus, it always felt strange to me playing JA on the Xbox with a controller.

MiguelItUp

"Gameplay looks great!" - "Gameplay looks boring."
"Saber combat looks incredible!" - "Saber combat looks awful."
"Game looks stunning!" - "Graphics don't look that impressive."

Oh GAF, never change. Personally, I think it looks incredible and is a solid step up from the previous game. I enjoyed the last game for what it was. But you can certainly tell they've made improvements here. Can't wait for more information and details.

I still want a new Jedi Knight SO incredibly bad.

Stiler

So did they change the way hero characters work now? If so then YAY cause that "powerup" crap was annoying along with the way it was a limited time that counted down and you had to attack in order to keep it from going down, which forced you to playing stupidly most of the time.

RyanW

So did they change the way hero characters work now? If so then YAY cause that "powerup" crap was annoying along with the way it was a limited time that counted down and you had to attack in order to keep it from going down, which forced you to playing stupidly most of the time.

Yep, vehicles and heroes are now accessible through a resource point feature. You "buy" them instead of searching for them

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Yeah, rumor is Respawn is making a SW game featuring lightsaber combat.

Oh you mean Stig Asmussen's game? yeah well we don't know if it will be a Jedi Knight game, right? but man they said it will be heavily focused on lightsaber combat so im VERY excited to see this game.

I can't decide whether to buy this for scorpio or pro. PC is a no go since online will probably be dead in a week but more players on pro or better graphics on Xbox Scorpio.

So what's going on with pick ups and the class system? I was hoping to see some infantry gameplay to see what changes they've made since Battlefront 1 had really mediocre mechanics.

RyanW

It doesn't look like it here too much but I'm really hoping maps aren't as linear as they were for the first game. I need some Battlefield-style open maps so we can get some Conquest going on

Top Bottom