• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Star Wars Battlefront II Gameplay

Tygamr

Looks nice, but pretty disappointed they won't be putting conquest in it. Doesn't make sense not to. It was in the original games, and there's a ton of fan demand for it... At least they got rid of vehicle and hero pickups.

Gravidee

Yeah, I really hope this won't be true for every mode.

I feel like this is like a debug mode sort of thing just for the sake of showing off the map and characters that they want to for the presentation. I'm kind of doubting that Rey and Boba Fett will regularly feature as heroes on all era maps unless an option was made to include all heroes on/off.

dukeoflegs

Too much camera shake during movement for me, I hope I can turn that off. 3rd person games with a lot of camera shake bugs me, doesn't make me nauseous, but doesn't make me feel well. It's one of the reasons I didn't finish Tomb Raider (2015).

HOLY. SHIT.

This is the game we've been waiting for.

Side note: I know these things are subject to change, but it almost seems like the heroes are too weak now. They said they wanted them to be less tank-ish. But they look very squishy.

Everything else is honestly above my expectations. Cannot wait to see and hear more!

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
2 hours until EA press conference starts.

Hypu!

forreals.gif

dzelly

Holy shit. That looks beyond amazing! I was so happy to hear they're expanding the Heroes and Villains roster in this one, but seeing it is a whole new deal.

Really wanna see how Yoda plays.

I can only remember one game where Yoda played well and that was in Episode 3 PS2 game.

It was almost like on rails type gameplay but it was amazing

atr0cious

"Gameplay looks great!" - "Gameplay looks boring."
"Saber combat looks incredible!" - "Saber combat looks awful."

Oh GAF, never change. Personally, I think it looks incredible and is a solid step up from the previous game. I enjoyed the last game for what it was. But you can certainly tell they've made improvements here. Can't wait for more information and details.

I still want a new Jedi Knight SO incredibly bad.
It's more that whoever's playing isn't very good at the game, so it just doesn't look fun as they flail around and die. I'm sure Jackfrags will have some great footage though after the embargo is up. Game looks gorgeous, even with the compression, just need to see someone competent playing it.

BigEmil

The Division?

OT: Wow graphics looks great. Kinda wished he showed some soldier combat too but I did enjoy the neat Rey and Maul gameplay.
I meant First Person Shooters, which have an optional Third Person mode

The Division is a Third Person Shooter first and foremost, also I don't think this has a First Person mode too

People are crazy when they think the heroes look as clunky as in BF1, it looks much better now.
Yeah just a really bad player played this

Looks amazing. Hopefully we will see outdoor scenarios soon, they are usually even more outstanding.

There is just ONE thing I would love to see in the game: that the lightsabers could cat the walls. That was a small detail in Jedi Knight I really loved and which was never been seen in a SW game since. :(

I would hope you can't have characters in eras they don't belong. Its one of the things I loved about the original Battlefront 2. Every map had its 2 factions and own hero units related to the era. Leave the everyone on 1 map to a hero battle mode or something...

Basically make this game more like the original Battlefront 2, but better.

Tyaren

Yay, I'm excited to visit Caserta Palace in 3D. :) That's the place that the map is modelled after and where the Theed palace scenes of the movie were shot.

scalone.jpg

Looks amazing. Hopefully we will see outdoor scenarios soon, they are usually even more outstanding.

There is just ONE thing I would love to see in the game: that the lightsabers could cat the walls. That was a small detail in Jedi Knight I really loved and which was never been seen in a SW game since. :(

There are some areas in the footage where this happens actually!

About an hour to go, hype. My monthly mobile data will probably be spent on this

Head.spawn

Oh man, when he gets shredded by that Darth Maul like 4/5ths of the way through.. lol. Sitting there regenerating health like a noob, just completely devastated.

Around 10:13 or so.

I feel like this is like a debug mode sort of thing just for the sake of showing off the map and characters that they want to for the presentation. I'm kind of doubting that Rey and Boba Fett will regularly feature as heroes on all era maps unless an option was made to include all heroes on/off.
I think they said when they announced it all heroes would be usable across all maps by default. Oh and also there are no faction-specific classes. lol
I would hope you can't have characters in eras they don't belong. Its one of the things I loved about the original Battlefront 2. Every map had its 2 factions and own hero units related to the era. Leave the everyone on 1 map to a hero battle mode or something...

Basically make this game more like the original Battlefront 2, but better.
yep

also regarding camping at the spawn menu waiting for the hero to pop up; yet another thing the originals will probably end up doing better.When you're doing well you get a prompt to play as a hero, you can either play as the hero or pass it on to the next player. Voila, no waiting required. DICE continues to puzzle the fuck out of me.

Drayco21

Not a fan of Rey showing up in a prequel map, with prequel troops, but holding reservations until we see more. That at least potentially assuages my past fears about Yoda on Theed indicating a smaller amount of content.

Looking good! Maul's VA; not Serafinowicz?

It's Sam Witwer, who plays him on Clone Wars and Rebels.

The graphics weren't the issue with the first game, it seems like they are definitely adding in more content...

Hopefully the player base stays...

bounchfx

visually stunning, hope it's actually fun though. Shame there's no non-hero gameplay.

Kind of weird the lack of environmental destruction. They're shooting the walls over and over and they still look spotless. lasers, I guess. haha

Top Bottom