• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Tom Clancy's The Division Closed Alpha Gameplay (Xbox One)

JoseLopez

This one is way more accurate from what it looked like in the Alpha.

JampackedReliableJohndory.gif
Reminds me of infamous, how do like the game dude

cheezcake

How exactly does it look rough?

Gameplay looks pretty polished and you really can't judge graphics from a video that compressed.

Reminds me of the pre curr-gen console release, in the thread where someone took off screen footage of BF4 running on XB1 with his cell phone and a bunch of people were saying the textures looked low quality

RexNovis

Banned
What a clusterfuck of a HUD. There's way too much extraneous crap on screen. What is up with Ubisoft and their unnecessarily cluttered UI design? I feel like damn near every game they release would be massively improved by eliminating half of their HUD elements. It's just about the only thing that's unappealing about For Honor so far.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm liking what I see even with the less than stellar visuals there are still some nice moments here and there on that XB footage.

This is coming to PC as well correct?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Animation took a serious hit. I knew that shit was smoke and mirrors.

Personally I think the game looks great, specially from the artistic point of view. I don't know if the game is going to be fun but the concept seems quite interesting.

faridmon

How can a big AAA title launch in March and the only thing we gets going is bloody Alpha videos?

This game will not release in March.

Skyrim

Banned
last time i saw the game was the E3 reveal.

that didn't look like the reveal.

I'm fine with the Destiny like gameplay

grmlin

It's amazing that people really thought this game would look like that E3 trailer, especially on a console.

I was curious how the game is coming along and boy does it look boring.

That's my concern too. Graphically it looks decent. The shooting looks solid. The world you're in seems well designed. But if all you're doing is wandering from one location to the next, shooting the same sort of semi-spongey human enemies, it could get boring fast. If the open-world MP encounters are all they have to provide a break from that like they've shown in the past, it could be a real problem.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
After 3 years, this game actually looks worse.

The-Division-Downgrade.jpg
Two very different areas of the game and pc build vs alpha build on consoles, not to mention a screenshot from a 720p video, (why do leakers never have capture cards). Great comparison. The gif above, is from gamersyde. See the huge difference?

Revas

It's not visually arresting but I enjoyed the alpha quite a bit. it's a bit rough in some areas (why do enemies take so many rounds before they die?) as expected in an alpha. I enjoyed the plot/premise and look forward to the beta.

ps3ud0

Biggest issue I have is the gunplay it just doesnt look satisfying - really little feedback compared to something like Destiny

ps3ud0 8)

Ryuuga

Banned
That's my concern too. Graphically it looks decent. The shooting looks solid. The world you're in seems well designed. But if all you're doing is wandering from one location to the next, shooting the same sort of semi-spongey human enemies, it could get boring fast. If the open-world MP encounters are all they have to provide a break from that like they've shown in the past, it could be a real problem.

Yup, encounter design will be paramount in moment-to-moment gameplay. I agree with all the flack Destiny got year 1 for it's samey encounters and it saw improvements with the latest expansion. Nowadays, I immediately check-out if I see waist-high cover and enemies pouring out of spawn closet A .

Doesn't look that bad, to be honest. What I'm worried about is the content. Third person shooters like these tend to traverse the world at a higher speed. I'm worried that the amount of content will be lacking, especially considering the attention to detail they are aiming for.

Anyone that has played it, can you confirm how it handles content/activities/pacing? Does it get repetitive? Are "dungeons" copy-pasta?

Setsuna

After 3 years, this game actually looks worse.

The-Division-Downgrade.jpg

Let me guess you are comparing just basic looks instead of actual Geometry and effects of each image

Thats like comparing Watch dogs at night while its raining vs Watch dogs during the day and saying there was a downgrade because the time of day changed

Mahonay

Banned
Their interpretation of Manhattan looks pretty well done, as someone who lives in the boroughs.
Let me guess you are comparing just basic looks instead of actual Geometry and effects of each image

Thats like comparing Watch dogs at night while its raining vs Watch dogs during the day and saying there was a downgrade because the time of day changed
Except in Watch Dogs there was most definitely a tangible difference in graphical fidelity from the reveal to release.

Theorry

How can a big AAA title launch in March and the only thing we gets going is bloody Alpha videos?

This game will not release in March.

It will. Just no point to release vids of this game and start the marketing in Q4 when this is a Q1 2016 games and you still need to release rainbow six etc. The marketing will now kick off, beta in january when the most people can try it also. Alpha wasnt really a alpha also. I mean played alot of alpha's and those are missing alot of textures etc. This was just a stress test and something quick for Xbox One because of the deal they made for this year.

level1

It's an alpha. An alpha. That wasn't going to be seen by anyone of the general public, except for a selected few. EDIT: Oh wait, it was probably a joke. Nevermind!

I don't give a flying fuck about downgrades as long as it looks good, but you gotta understand that it doesn't matter that it's an alpha. What you see here is what you're getting in terms of graphics. If you're expecting more you're going to be disappointed.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
How many PC ports have significantly more assets than their console counterparts, instead of simply higher quality ones?
Many. Fallout 4, Witcher 3, MGSV just to name a few recent examples. There are comparison in the DF threads iirc.

The shooting looks a bit loose, it doesn't feel accurate or impactful, not liking the combination of snap on cover system but without the ability to jump or get vertical, should have allowed crouch based movement and proximity cover so the player can stay low while moving slowly from cover to cover.

Need to see the button layout to get a better idea.

Top Bottom