• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Tom Clancy's The Division Closed Alpha Gameplay (Xbox One)

cakely

Looks fun.

I think the Destiny comparisons are fairly valid: The Division a shooter RPG with leveling, loot, a hub world with patrols and missions that you can perform as a fire team, public events, and PvP.

Obviously there are many differences, as well, but it's Ok. Destiny has flaws that aren't inherent to it's genre, and The Division might avoid them entirely.

Let's see how Ubi handles the execution.

Phosphor

It was from Mike Fahey's stream on Kotaku.

Not the one from the stream, but:
3150597-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

I've never seen a single person wear a backpack like this, but doesn't it show up a lot more often in Ubisoft games? All the 40+ year olds wear beanies and backpacks like these. Ubisoft has their own fashion trend.

They also wear hoodies too. I didn't see a hoodie in there, but who knows.

I wear my Maxpedition Kodiak every day.

BLunted

Banned
Looks fun.

I think the Destiny comparisons are fairly valid: The Division a shooter RPG with leveling, loot, a hub world with patrols and missions that you can perform as a fire team, public events, and PvP.

Obviously there are many differences, as well, but it's Ok. Destiny has flaws that aren't inherent to it's genre, and The Division might avoid them entirely.

Let's see how Ubi handles the execution.

I admit, I know pretty much nothing about this game, but can everything be achieved via single player, or is there exclusive content(story, gear) gated behind multiplayer? I dont care for multiplayer and was just curious.

jond76

Banned
The world is incredibly detailed. I almost kinda wish you had to scavenge for supplies. But since you're a soldier on a mission, I'm afraid there will be little need or opportunity to explore the city for stuff. I hope I'm wrong.

Trace

Banned
I admit, I know pretty much nothing about this game, but can everything be achieved via single player, or is there exclusive content(story, gear) gated behind multiplayer? I dont care for multiplayer and was just curious.

Honestly if you're not up for multiplayer, I don't see why you would even play this game. It's far better with some friends.

BLunted

Banned
Honestly if you're not up for multiplayer, I don't see why you would even play this game. It's far better with some friends.

My friends dont game, and I wont play with randoms. Just thought it looked like it could be a cool single player game.

wait, it has base building? has this been talked about officially at all?

Yes! There's an official video about it on The Division YouTube channel. They don't go in-depth, but they do talk about it. It was also talked about in some of the E3 and other convention videos.

I can't recall which video on the official page it is, so here's a fan that's brought together of the information concerning bases and safe houses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPZRu7sl4QQ

Someone asked if there were going to be strikes and raids like in Destiny, and while they haven't come out confirm it as such, they did mention multi-squad end-game activities that weren't strictly PvP. For clarification, squads are up to 4 players.

From what I've seen, there's a lot to do in the game, quest wise. Sure, there's the story, but there's more stuff along the lines of claiming territory and crafting. There's also a fair bit of customization to be done on both your character and weapon.

Theorry

Yes! There's an official video about it on The Division YouTube channel. They don't go in-depth, but they do talk about it. It was also talked about in some of the E3 and other convention videos.

I can't recall which video on the official page it is, so here's a fan that's brought together of the information concerning bases and safe houses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPZRu7sl4QQ

Someone asked if there were going to be strikes and raids like in Destiny, and while they haven't come out confirm it as such, they did mention multi-squad end-game activities that weren't strictly PvP. For clarification, squads are up to 4 players.

From what I've seen, there's a lot to do in the game, quest wise. Sure, there's the story, but there's more stuff along the lines of claiming territory and crafting. There's also a fair bit of customization to be done on both your character and weapon.

You should tell that here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1160642

Looks like alot of people are scared the endgame is only pvp.

Top Bottom