• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Warcraft Movie stills

Chuck

Still without luck
Feb 19, 2011
That worg though *-*

Duncan Jones actually retweeted some of these, lol

Drac84

Jul 12, 2013
Hhhhhnnnnnnngggggg

Any word on when the trailer launches? Or are they waiting till next year after the Star Wars hype simmers down?

May 4, 2014
I think the make up in these movies, particularly the horde, is utterly tremendous.

Edit: oh, maybe it's CG. Hard to tell when it's not in motion. I stand to revoke my comment.

Svafnir

Dec 9, 2011
There's talk it will be shown at Blizzcon. But if it goes online after that I don't know.
All the panels are live streamed. I can't see anyway they don't also put it on YouTube. It's basically the official trailer launch.

Tenebrous

Nov 24, 2014
It wouldn't work any other way. The Warcraft orcs are huge.
If they made John Rhys-Davis (6'3) look like a dwarf when LOTR was filmed in the late 90s, I don't see why they couldn't make a few orcs look a bit bigger now.

Tenebrous

Nov 24, 2014
Maybe they should do CGI for the humans too, because damn that chap is ripped beyond belief.

(Despite the hate, I do love the MoP cinematic).

But true, point taken. Making Rhys-Davies appear shorter is probably nowhere near the undertaking that adding 150kg of muscle is.
My Orcs are female, so I forgot how... Round the men are.

Svafnir

Dec 9, 2011
CG worked for avatar. Can work here. It's a fantasy world, I will judge after I see the trailer.

Carmelozi

Aug 14, 2015
I'm not really into WoW world but I think it will be a good adaptation of a game. Can't wait to watch the trailer !

Jan 9, 2007
Hi!
I think these look awful - mostly because the Orcs look like warcraft orcs, but the humans look like weak, scrawny Earth humans.

Cardon

Aug 21, 2007
Chicago
twitter.com
I'm not even a Warcraft fan, never played it as it wasn't my cup of tea, but I'm excited to check out the movie.

At this point I just wish Legendary would release some proper footage since these leaked potato cam vids and fuzzy stills aren't doing the movie any favors in terms of getting it over with new or current fans/potential movie goers.

Hedge

May 29, 2013
I'm not really into WoW, but I will watch this because orcs! I know nothing of the film at all - is it a Warcraft film or a World of Warcraft one? When does it take place?

Edit: Why does that female Orc remind me of Sandra Bullock?

Oni Link 666

Jun 10, 2004
I'm not really into WoW, but I will watch this because orcs! I know nothing of the film at all - is it a Warcraft film or a World of Warcraft one? When does it take place?

Edit: Why does that female Orc remind me of Sandra Bullock?
It takes place around Warcraft I.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Jul 9, 2009
Warcraft film.

The movie is essentially going to be a Reimagining of Warcraft 1.

Freeman

Banned
Aug 23, 2013
Looking much better than expected. That female orc looks terrible tho (well, makes sense...)

Duncan Jones have being pretty good so far.

Warcraft universe is pretty cool, its a huge mess but some aspects of it work really well.