Leave.EU Caught Faking Migrant Attack On White Woman plus more

AfricanKing

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2017

An investigation by Channel 4 News also reveals how Arron Banks’ pro-Brexit group appears to have staged photos of migrants attacking women in London
The pro-Brexit campaign group, Leave.EU, faked a viral video and appear to have staged photos of “migrants”, shortly before the EU referendum.

An investigation by Channel 4 News found that images purporting to show “migrants” attacking young women in London seem to have been staged.
Although the photos were never used, the fake video went viral, garnering hundreds of thousands of views on Facebook.

Responding to the investigation Arron Banks accused Channel 4 News journalists of creating “fake news” themselves.

Fantastic journalistic work by Channel 4.

Last edited:

AfricanKing

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2017
channel 4 turns a blind eye to tons of "migrants behaving poorly" stories....until one turns fake. Now they are into investigations?

Took me 2 seconds to find that. If you can't even be bothered to look for it why post?

Noboru Wataya

Bored at work, horned up to the gills
Jul 8, 2016
Northern Ireland, UK
The high amount of fake news in political campaigns and news channels with agendas is embarrassing and worrying. It is great that people are finding this stuff out and exposing the hoaxes. Good job Channel 4, on uncovering the lies from Leave.eu. There is plenty of real world stories to be used as political fodder without having to invent more for their own selfish gain.

On the topic of fake news, I’m glad more and more people are standing up and not afraid to challenge people who are considerered “protected”. The only way to expose lies and deceit is with the freedom to express doubt. Free speech is what allows people to expose the Smolletts, the BBC and the Jim Jefferies of the world. Remember, this freedom is also what the governments and platform holders, like Twitter and Facebook are trying to take from it’s users and manipulate/control. This is something I feel more people need to be made aware of in this era of deplatforming and “hate speech” accuasations.

Last edited:

Vow

Dec 19, 2018
Was reading a Quillette article about the divorce silver bullet of false accusations today and it seems to be the same kind of thing. https://quillette.com/2019/04/16/divorce-and-the-silver-bullet/

If you want to create an immediate effect in the world, just manufacture a story and then worry about the truth afterwards.

This will be fixed in the time based economy of the future. Imagine if it cost you a little bit of your personal digitised time pool to post something on the internet, and if it turned out to be false others could also spend time to negatively vote against it with their position, and others could also vote against their positions and so on. Eventually you would have to arrive a consensus of the truth and all those caught lying would suffer economically.

I think it's possible to use mechanism design to create a digital political economy that encourages truth telling and punishes lying.

Zaru

Oct 2, 2012
A video? They never needed to put that much effort into it.
It's disturbingly easy to whip up fake news about "others". Take a pic of a fitting person off google and add incendiary claims, then bam, you've got something that will enrage people on facebook for months. No proof needed whatsoever. By the time someone debunks it, which requires incomparably more effort than its creation, people have moved on to the next rager story.
That's not unique to "migrant" stories, but heavily employed against them nonetheless.

danielberg

Jun 20, 2018
Now to just wish that this is the rule and not the exception to camouflage/ fool idiots and we wouldnt have mass child rape happening while the media and goverment looks the other way in uk, france and sweden.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGreatYosh

rorepmE

Jan 20, 2019
Republic of Val Verde
So they stirred up race hatred by showing a video that would have never been shown!
Exactly.

When the left does this shit? They get the benefit of the doubt because no one dares challenge the narrative for fear of being labeled a racist. Headline news about some clearly crude drawn backwards, upside down swastika.. Nation asked to look deep down and reflect for a week. Oh it's fake? 10 second blurb of a half-assed apology but not really sorry for rush to judgement or a correction buried some where.

AfricanKing

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2017
Now to just wish that this is the rule and not the exception to camouflage/ fool idiots and we wouldnt have mass child rape happening while the media and goverment looks the other way in uk, france and sweden.

You realise being in the EU and Muslim migration are not the same
So they stirred up race hatred by showing a video that would have never been shown!
What are you talking about. The video went viral

Last edited:

Panda1

Jan 12, 2010
Exactly.

When the left does this shit? They get the benefit of the doubt because no one dares challenge the narrative for fear of being labeled a racist. Headline news about some clearly crude drawn backwards, upside down swastika.. Nation asked to look deep down and reflect for a week. Oh it's fake? 10 second blurb of a half-assed apology but not really sorry for rush to judgement or a correction buried some where.
The demand for racism vastly outstrips supply. No country in the world has no racism as all countries have humans.

Boss Mog

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
So one fake attack negates the thousands of real ones? Because I remember you guys saying that dozens of fake hate crimes against muslims didn't negate the one or two real ones.

AfricanKing

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2017
So one fake attack negates the thousands of real ones? Because I remember you guys saying that dozens of fake hate crimes against Muslims didn't negate the one or two real ones.
I don't think it negates anything, but it lifts the conversation onto a new level. Aaron Banks is a Multi-Millionaire using his private security staff to fake attacks so he could use it for his own political purposes. That if anything is a slap in the face of democracy.

Allot of people get it wrong when they mention remain voters are elites, this man is the definition of the word and so is everyone in the ERG. Its just a shame that its taken 3 years to figure it out

funkygunther

Dec 22, 2018
So one fake attack negates the thousands of real ones? Because I remember you guys saying that dozens of fake hate crimes against muslims didn't negate the one or two real ones.
The issue is about blatant fake propaganda that could have influenced public opinion, no-one is saying this negates actual crimes. Anyway if there are thousand of real ones why didn't the propaganda makers just use those instead of making one up?

Boss Mog

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
I don't think it negates anything, but it lifts the conversation onto a new level. Aaron Banks is a Multi-Millionaire using his private security staff to fake attacks so he could use it for his own political purposes. That if anything is a slap in the face of democracy.

Allot of people get it wrong when they mention remain voters are elites, this man is the definition of the word and so is everyone in the ERG. Its just a shame that its taken 3 years to figure it out
It's definitely extremely stupid to stage fake migrant attacks, there's plenty of real ones to go around, though as @oagboghi2 said, they're often downplayed by the media if even covered at all. I have to read local newspapers to hear about that stuff because they can't hide it since local people witnessed it first hand, but they don't talk about it or show it on national news.

Also I think Brexit is extremely stupid, especially if the British are doing it mostly for immigration and border issues because I don't think Brexit will solve any of that for them necessarily and will instead create big economic problems for the UK not to mention tensions on the Ireland border (a journalist was killed by the New IRA yesterday, supposedly by accident). The best way to fix a problem is from within. The UK should stay in the EU and help to change the EU's migration policies. Hungary and Italy are not leaving the EU but are taking a stand against unregulated mass migration into their countries.

CatLady

Jun 12, 2018
So Jussie Smollett in reverse?
Fake hate crimes like fake rape claims are exceedingly disgusting, especially for the harm they do to real victims.

Ixiah

Feb 16, 2018
People of all colors are fucking idiots, hold the presses!

Last edited: