• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 PS3 on EA site

JCreasy

Draft said:
Clearly Valve wasn't happy milking only the Xbox and PC audience.

Valve greed is good for PS3 gamers.

Well they pissed off a ton of fans when they announced this title. Thousands of fans vowed not to buy it. So they gotta anticipate a loss, a loss they hope to make up for.

If a ps3 version turns out sub par, fuck valve. That kind of stuff is insulting these days. I mean damn, plenty 3rd party devs are workin out fine with the ps3 these days.

shouamabane said:
Aren't the Orange Box PS3 port problems pretty easily avoidable at this point in time? Many first gen games for any platform have been worse.
ghostbusters.jpg

inner-G

Banned
shouamabane said:
Aren't the Orange Box PS3 port problems pretty easily avoidable at this point in time? Many first gen games for any platform have been worse.
Yeah, Orange Box PS3 wasn't that bad (for a Valve game). Only a couple games had bad framedrops iirc, and mostly during autosaves.

StuBurns

Banned
shouamabane said:
L4D is one of the less impressive 360 games visually, it doesn't appear that demanding, and it'll run on some really wank PCs. There shouldn't be any issue with it technically. But there shouldn't have been last time either.

Firestorm

JCreasy said:
Well they pissed off a ton of fans when they announced this title. Thousands of fans vowed not to buy it. So they gotta anticipate a loss, a loss they hope to make up for.

If a ps3 version turns out sub par, fuck valve. That kind of stuff is insulting these days. I mean damn, plenty 3rd party devs are workin out fine with the ps3 these days.
what the hell? :lol

WinFonda

Angelus said:
Buy the game on a 360 or PC,don't punish yourself Sony fans.:lol

Yep, time to whip PS3 fans into believing they shouldn't buy the game under any circumstances because there are two infinitely superior options. Too bad there's only one superior option and any and all console versions are of the same level of gimptitude. We're playing semantics when we try to define a superior console version. It's an oxymoron when it comes to Left 4 Dead.

Don't let butthurt Xbox fans pouting over their failed exclusivity clauses ruin a game for you if it's your only option of playing the game outside of a PC. And if you haven't played Orange Box yet go do that too.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
RadioHeadAche said:
Bollocks! Half-Life 2 plus episodes were great aside from a few frame rate hiccups and Portal was great. The only part that suffered was TF2, and even that wasn't too bad.

people really know how to over exaggerate it.

JCreasy said:

Yeah just ask Activision, they can't say enough great things about the profitability of the PS3.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Rapping Granny said:
Yay a $60 expansion pack to a short overrated game that will probably run at 15FPS.

Give me Mass Effect2 instead on my Triple EA.
THIS

EA, we need more good RPGs on PS3, not another shooter.

Firestorm

L4D hardly qualifies as a shooter.
Rapping Granny said:
Yay a $60 expansion pack to a short overrated game that will probably run at 15FPS.

Give me Mass Effect2 instead on my Triple EA.
360 is $150 tax-free dude. Just bite the bullet :)

Chinner said:
what are the chances of halo 3 coming to the ps3?
Well if MS is smart, pretty high. They can't deny the PS3 user base if they want to make money.

Valve shot themselves in the foot. TWICE. Time for repentance. Pray to god the PS3 fans forgive you.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Snipes424 said:
Was the orange box PS3 really that bad? I remember kotaku and others saying it was 100% unplayable which was far from the truth, but still 20FPS is pretty bad.

But yeah it might be an EA team porting it, or a mistake, don't know.

Mass Effect was a bigger mess on XBox 360 than the PS3 version of Orange Box. Fact. I played them both, and Mass Effect was a FAAAAAAR bigger mess. Screen tearing, texture pop in CONSTANTLY, horrid frame rate more often than OB on PS3, hitching all the time, and I bet half the people in this thread that are calling OB on PS3 a disaster both never played it, probably saw that dumb ass 1up vid which was not representative of the whole game or even more than .01% of the game, and those same people probably also love Mass Effect on 360. I honestly never want to hear anyone that loved Mass Effect on 360 troll the PS3 version of Orange Box. If you thought that was fun and playable, then the Orange Box on PS3 is more than adequate for your standards.

Hellraizer said:
Well if MS is smart, pretty high. They can't deny the PS3 user base if they want to make money.

Valve shot themselves in the foot. TWICE. Time for repentance. Pray to god the PS3 fans forgive you.
May God have mercy on their souls.

JCreasy said:
http://www.whoisbill.com/images/batman.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Whats in all of this for you? I'm honestly curious. Money? Fame? Women?

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I love how the mere glimmer of an MS exclusive possibly coming to PS3 brings out all the Xbox fanboys.

paparazzo

drakesfortune said:
Mass Effect was a bigger mess on XBox 360 than the PS3 version of Orange Box. Fact. I played them both, and Mass Effect was a FAAAAAAR bigger mess. Screen tearing, texture pop in CONSTANTLY, horrid frame rate more often than OB on PS3, hitching all the time, and I bet half the people in this thread that are calling OB on PS3 a disaster both never played it, probably saw that dumb ass 1up vid which was not representative of the whole game or even more than .01% of the game, and those same people probably also love Mass Effect on 360. I honestly never want to hear anyone that loved Mass Effect on 360 troll the PS3 version of Orange Box. If you thought that was fun and playable, then the Orange Box on PS3 is more than adequate for your standards.
This man speaks the truth.

Firestorm

Yeah, I'm going through ME now and it definitely has technical issues x.x
Rapping Granny said:
Iam, tomorrow :)
Superstore has no tax 'til end of today and it's $150. gogogo. Saves you like $15 to $20 >.>

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Tom Penny said:
I'll all set with a $60 crappy quality expansion pack.
Englishdoyouspeakit.jpg

And just for kicks a mod should edit the other L4D2 thread to say, "on PS3 and also coming to 360!"

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
drakesfortune said:
I've heard this from several people who played the 360 version but I guess it's not ok to say that sometimes around here. I get tired of hearing how bad the OB PS3 port was when it's just fine.

_Angelus_

Banned
drakesfortune said:

Are you kidding?
Mass Effect pushes the console to its limits,there is reason why the console version has problems you know. Its like Killzone on the PS2,good intentions but in the end asking too much from the hardware. Now with Orange Box on the PS3 its a joke. It stutters and drops frames when it shouldn't also has longer load times than any other version. The engine it runs isn't anything to sweat over,the PS3 should be capable of handling that in its sleep.

Its not so cut and dry as you make it. One game is a work out of art and pushes the machine to its limits,the other is a joke on the PS3. I would rather play something that was made from the ground up on the hardware than to play some gimped port,whereas you can do better if you simply buy a 360 or even better..a PC to play Orange Box.

StuBurns

Banned
Angelus, you're fucking high.

ME is not pushing it to the limits, because ME2 performs better. So unless they're shipping with a RAM pack, bullshit.

slider

stuburns said:
Angelus, you're fucking high.

ME is not pushing it to the limits, because ME2 performs better. So unless they're shipping with a RAM pack, bullshit.

I think the point kind of still stands though. ME is trying, and doing, more on 360 than OB is on PS3 (I've only played the latter though).

Anyhoo...

drakesfortune said:
I assume this is as exaggerated as the OB PS3 claims (haven't played it), but uh, what does a BioWare game have to do with Valve games and their ports?

keyrat

Angelus said:
Are you kidding?
Mass Effect pushes the console to its limits,there is reason why the console version has problems you know. Its like Killzone on the PS2,good intentions but in the end asking too much from the hardware. Now with Orange Box on the PS3 its a joke. It stutters and drops frames when it shouldn't also has longer load times than any other version. The engine it runs isn't anything to sweat over,the PS3 should be capable of handling that in its sleep.

Its not so cut and dry as you make it. One game is a work out of art and pushes the machine to its limits,the other is a joke on the PS3. I would rather play something that was made from the ground up on the hardware than to play some gimped port,whereas you can do better if you simply buy a 360 or even better..a PC to play Orange Box.

Makes perfect sense. As long as a game is very ambitious, it's bearable for it to not run properly. Yet if a game is not ambitious, then it is unbearable to play with the slightest of hiccups.

Chiggs

drakesfortune said:

Interesting. Since I played Mass Effect on my HTPC, I had no idea that it was that big of a mess on the 360. That said, I still think Orange Box on PS3 is a shoddy port.

Top Bottom